Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve young on MNF about RG3: "...its not his fault.... "

redskins4ever28

Anyone just watch MNF when they were talking about cam newton and young brought up rg3?

Steve young said about how the panthers d and other players have stepped up and newton now understands its not all up to him and about him, rg3 is struggling but its not his fault. its all about him

What I got from it he was saying cams supporting cast is doing its job and cam realizes he doesn't have to try and be superman, he can progress better without trying to make a play every down every second etc.

He said its all about him as saying the pressure is all on him, and the game is all on him. And it can really hurt a qbs progression.

Anyone else see this?

Edit:

If this was not worthy of its own thread(and I understand if its not) just delete and I apologize ahead of time. Just thought it was interesting

Missed it but makes sense. Cam's D stepped up this year, ad their record shows. SEA's D over the last couple of years, same thing. SF as well. Colts D hasn't been as good, but still better than ours. Even our D helped out a lot during our run last season. This year the D blows even past the 3-6 record AND we're making less plays on Offense. Bad combo. A middle of the pack D has us at least at 5-5 

Missed it but makes sense. Cam's D stepped up this year, ad their record shows. SEA's D over the last couple of years, same thing. SF as well. Colts D hasn't been as good, but still better than ours. Even our D helped out a lot during our run last season. This year the D blows even past the 3-6 record AND we're making less plays on Offense. Bad combo. A middle of the pack D has us at least at 5-5 

Colts defense was top 10 prior to the Rams game

The chances of me having an orgy with Scarlet Johansen, Jessica Alba, Megan Fox, Carrie Underwood and Mrs. Tom Brady are greater than Haz coaching the 'Skins next year.  

So when Haz is still around next season, you better in contact with those ladies

If Shanny does stay a fires Haslett meet your new Defensive Coordinator  you could book this one  if I could put money on it in Vegas I would:

attachicon.gifBob S.jpg

Shanny is loyal to his coach's already on the team and Bob Slowik is his good friend

I honestly think that is my biggest fear.

He didn't work in Denver.  He won't work here.  I don't disagree that's not a possibility. But it would be a bad idea, and one that would probably end the Shanahan era after next year. 

i agree with the fact that its not all him, but disagree that its all on the defense

the biggest issue is that those QB's have a better offensive line, that actually give their QB time and cushion to go through their reads. i know this has been said a million times, but still needs to be reiterated 

As far as I'm concerned there are only 3 players on this entire team I'm not willing to part with- Griffin, Morris, and Garcon. (That includes defense.)

RG3 is not "the problem." When he was healthy he masked how bad our o-line is with mobility. Zero preseason. He's not as mobile right now and his mechanics are hurting from the rehab and the brace. The cap penalty and poor o-line acquisitions/drafts are now transparent.

What we are seeing now in Cam Newton we will see in Robert Griffin. A better team will help but I can't make any promises.

Cam is also in his 3rd year and is on a better team.  

I remember when people were calling Cam a bust and saying all he did was put up garbage stats when the games were out of hand.

It's all perspective. 

I don't want to hear comparisons to Kap or Wilson. Those two were handed keys to Ferraris and all they had to do is simply put the cruise control on, (something btw, Kap is having trouble doing at that, on a team mind you that Alex Smith of all people was tearing it up with)

Steve Young is just an ESPN hack with little depth.

getaloadofthisguy.jpg

I don't want to hear comparisons to Kap or Wilson. Those two were handed keys to Ferraris and all they had to do is simply put the cruise control on,

I will say Wilson is doing a bit more than just cruising. The man has come through with huge plays in the air and on the ground when they've needed him behind a line that has been fairly decimated by injury. No doubt that defense is fantastic and they can still run block. Golden Tate has had somewhat of a breakout year and Baldwin is reliable but it's not like that corps is top-flight without Harvin.

Your general point stands though.

Archived