Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Just beat Cuphead. It's silly, but I feel a real sense of accomplishment. I was really down on myself the first day I played it, but it was just a matter of grinding through it, getting upgrades and memorizing patterns. 

I really love the art direction they went with that game.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

I really love the art direction they went with that game.

The sound design is awesome too. Just an excellent job all around. It really delivered after a few years of building hype and it's probably my second favorite of the year behind Breath of the Wild. 

Actually, on the back of Nintendo's rather surprising return to quality console-making, this has been a very strong year for gaming. I love the Switch and, collectively, 2017 was the year that got me back into gaming after a long period of hanging around unenthusiastically. 

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

Actually, on the back of Nintendo's rather surprising return to quality console-making, this has been a very strong year for gaming. I love the Switch and, collectively, 2017 was the year that got me back into gaming after a long period of hanging around unenthusiastically. 

I would argue they never stopped making quality consoles, but I'll leave that argument for another day.  What's more important right now is that Super Mario Odyssey comes out in less than a week!  I honestly wasn't super high on Breath Of The Wild like everyone else as it didn't feel like a Zelda game to me, but Mario Odyssey has me hyped to Troy and back.  And then Xenoblade 2 one month later.

Not sure. I bought the Prologue to GT that came out in 2010, waiting two years for it to arrive, and not only did all the hard work and creds not transfer, the game sucked ass, and whored itself out to NASCAR to boot.

This one seems nice, but I heard it's more online based, and they have some sort of damage scaling/rating system

GT was always geared towards racing purists, but like many other devs, they seem to be trying to market to a newer generation.... Which makes business sense, but as a longtime fan since the very first game blew me away on the OG PlayStation, I am nervous

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Anyone ever play the WWE 2K games?  I've always been curious if they are any fun to play online in multiplayer.

I still prefer NES Pro Wrestling (Star Man!) over any wrestling game made since then. I don't want to have to do 25 things on my controller to do a super move.

That said..I think 2k15 or 16 was a Games with Gold last year??? Played it but could never get I to it.

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Anyone ever play the WWE 2K games?  I've always been curious if they are any fun to play online in multiplayer.

I can’t get into them. I grew up loving the old ThQ N64 games like Revenge and No mercy and these games are just way faster paced and don’t have the smoothness that those did. They never sell the moves either. 

They look great but  something just feels really fake about them. 

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They are awesome. Last one I played was '11, but its really fun. Almost unfair. Gives you the current roster, as well as their legends lineup (with various iterations of character evolution) along with a remarkable CAW system and fan vault full of already created wrestlers, which (due to WWE's extensive attire, move, and look ensemble) gives you the ability to create all of your favorite wrestlers, tag teams and stables, with the added bonus of importing music, titan trons, or creating your own

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Don't trust the company reviews, especially IGN. They are largely canned.

That being said, I already preordered Origins, and can't wait

Origins does look legit. First AC to really pique my interest since black flag. Love the setting. I won’t be using that damn eagle at all tho, basically cheating. 

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Origins does look legit. First AC to really pique my interest since black flag. Love the setting. I won’t be using that damn eagle at all tho, basically cheating. 

Not sure how it's any different from past AC's (pre  current gen) where you could spot everyone easily and immediately from the viewpoints, with unlimited range, or current gen pre-Origins, where though range was limited, you could literally mark your targets and treasure, having them appear through walls and **** lol. That was cheating personified :ols:

This is something new, and it remains to be seen how it changes anything, really. Assassin's Creed, at least when it comes to story completion (and not mission parameters) was never really hard to begin with.

I can at least appreciate the fact that they are willing to acknowledge the folly of the original concept of the First Civilization bloodline and powers. Only a handful of assassin's were supposed to possess Eagle Vision. Somewhere along the way they just said "Ehh, **** it," giving it to everyone and pretty much retconning that whole bit

One thing i remain not thrilled about is the Juno/Initiate thing, which seems to be making a return. You'd think that after 5 years, they'd be able to come up with a new series modern world protagonist. They completely neutered that. But it's not a big enough deal to ruin this.

The treasure hunts alone should easily top Assassin's Creed 2

Well I never used the eagle vision in previous games either unless it was required. Or the detective mode in the Arkham games. I thought that one particularly was game breaking. 

i haven’t  followed any of the story in Origins and only watched a handful of gameplay videos. So I couldn’t say what’s going on with Juno or the modem day storyline. 

That needs to be abandoned all together quick fast and in a hurry 

Traded in my Xbox one to put it towards the Xbox one x yesterday. All I have is the PS4 from now until the 7th of November. 

So so I figured I should catch up on my backlog of PS4 games. I bought Hidden Agenda(made by the company who did Until Dawn), the remaster of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls, and Persona 5. I think I will do Hidden Agenda first because it’s short, then do Persona 5. 

Archived