Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Ps4 Thread

Btubes18

So in case anyone is in an area where there is no stock..Costco has a bundle right now that has an extra controller and a year's membership to PS for an extra $100.

Total is 499.99 plus tax (no free delivery).

:(

http://www.costco.com/PlayStation%C2%AE4-System-Bundle-%7c-Additional-Controller-%7c-PlayStation%C2%AEPlus-1-Year-Membership.product.100087008.html

You might want to check at your local store first as they might have some on hand.

I don't want to derail the thread too much, but I always felt like Dez was misunderstood. Mother was a prostitute, and on drugs. Father wasn't around, from what I know. And he got punished for lying about something that he thought was illegal, which it really wasn't. Now, all sympathy goes away for the times that those misunderstandings causes the Cowboys problems...

Oh yeah, don't forget, PSN:MLp33zy

I picked it up this morning because BF4 was sold out at Target. I'll be on later. I don't have a name yet since I cant for the life of me remember my PSN tag from when I had my PS3. So when you get some random dude friend requesting that you dont know its probably me lol

In all actuality, I am a Microsoft person... Sony is my side chick. :D

Agreed haha. Youngchew can't hate on a side piece like that...

IMO, madden has sucked for a long time. The last 2 years, I sold it within 2 weeks of purchase. I got madden 25 on the ps3 and for the first time in a long time, loved it.

The ps4 version is way better graphically IMO. Lots of little details, how the players move, the crowd, uniforms etc. the player movement is all new from what I can tell. The interface is the same as the ps3 version. I also think the AI is improved. I thought the ps3 version was really easy on the standard difficulty setting. This one is more difficult.

I know some won't like it because it isn't a reinvention of the game, but I love it.

Resogun is very fun. Well worth the free download. Classic arcade style game. Like an updated Defender.

War frame is cool too. My son is playing now.

Battlefield is just freaking awesome.

Good info, thanks. I really wanted Madden but they were sold out. I also wanted 2K a lot though. I think the graphics are fantastic for the few minutes I got to play earlier. Gameplay felt smoother and heavier if that makes sense than current gen which i admittedly haven't played a lot of.

It has a lot of nice little touches though like one time Lebron went up for a dunk and I could see in real time he opened his mouth and scream as he went up and dunked. It was badass. I'm not sure if he actually screamed or not though since for some reason In the Air Tonight played from player intros all the way through the game. No commentary. Not sure if that was because I was playing while it was installing and it said all features weren't available or not. Ginobli looks kinda weird too but then again, I guess that's realistic lol. Fun game though. 

I will say I am a little disappointed that the user interface/dashboard for the PS4 is so similar to the PS3. Its faster and smoother and better colored but same style and function which I didn't really care for. Was hoping for an upgrade. 

Battlefield looks and plays amazing IMO. Best fps I've ever played. I've always loves COD but battlefield 3 won me over. I've had a hard time with COD since then.

BF4's graphics are crisp, detailed and the game plays great. I haven't even been able to get on the bigger conquest maps yet.

Btw, the training zone is so cool. You can learn to fly a helicopter or plane offline and be better prepared for multiplayer games

And in related news... youngchew is now a divorced man.

bwaaaahahahahahaha

unfortunately, my wife will live. gamestop has a few cancelled preorders, ill have killzone, ghosts, and battlefield along eith my ps4 in about 2 hours.

Just in case you want to replace your PS4 drive with a faster solid state drive or an even bigger hard drive.

http://www.geek.com/games/how-to-upgrade-the-ps4-hard-drive-to-an-ssd-1577274/

One more cool feature I just read about...when the smartphone/tablet apps release, you’ll be able to remotely purchase and remotely install a game on your PS4.

Hope all who have one enjoy it. I'll wait until gran turismo 7 or a new Rockstar game-GTA 6 or Agent- & hopefully get it in a bundle. Maybe by then, they will increase the size of the hard drive like they did on ps3.

I'm not too keen on paying for online gaming though, I herad some games would be free to play online, anyone know if those will be the big name titles, or ones published by Sony?

I have ghosts

Also how's my gaming headset going to work with this. The Turtle Beaches I have use the optical and USB port for game sound and chat respectively.

I'm going to be bummed if I have to buy a headset right off the bat.

Comes with a headset

Ok, my specific headset the Turtle Beach DPX 21 will work out of the box with the PS4. This makes me very happy.

Apparently many phone earbuds will work as well by just plugging them into the jack on the controller and you're good. In game audio and chat on regular earbuds (or any gaming headset with a three wire 3.5 mm jack).

is the ps4 any different from the ps3? im thinking about putting ps4 on my christmas list..i have the ps3, but how different would the ps4 be? like, is it better than the ps3? faster?

I've come to the conclusion that owning the current-gen system--especially on or even remotely close to launch day--is a must ONLY if you're into online, multiplayer-type stuff. That's it.

Personal example, I've owned a PS3 since Day 1. In probably the last 2-3 years, at least, I've played my PS2 (and modded PSP--before it broke--with free downloadable PSP/PSX/(some)N64/SNES/NES/Gameboy/Sega/Atari ROMs) easily a good 90% of my gaming time. That's not a typo, PSTwo. Easily 90% of the time.

Now why? Well you get older, your responsibilities pick up, the amount of cash money you can budget toward games drops, the amount of time you can allocate to playing them drops, so wtf. Have you played every great PS2 (for example here) game? No. Are the graphics on a PS2 game so bad, so far behind, that you won't enjoy a great game? No. Are the graphics on a PS3 game so great that you can't possibly go on in life without? Of course not. So, those conditions, is it wiser to spend $60 on ONE great game or $60 on FIVE great games?

Don't get me wrong. I'm still getting a PS4...at some point. But for me, the days of needing the next-gen system on release day are long gone. So I'll wait for the updates and upgrades and I'll wait for a price drop. All the great games that dropped with it will be available used and cheaper too. And there will be a wider selection available. (I'm also excited because now the PS3 is the last-gen. Its game prices are going to drop. I can finally start getting caught up on all the great ones that have come out over the years.)

HOWEVER, all that said, as I mentioned at first, if you're into online, multiplayer games, then this obviously doesn't apply to you. If that's the case, then you need to be where the action is and that's with the the newest, hottest system with the newest, hottest game. Just for me, for whatever reason, even with a slightly-younger (16 mos) brother who is a former professional gamer who, for YEARS, literally crossed the globe and traveled the WORLD on sponsors' dimes playing in tournaments, I just never got into online/multiplayer games on any type of level. I know I'm probably in a minority on this though. (Oh and if money ain't an object, then of course you get the PS4 now too.)

So yeah, that's my gaming philosophy.. I'm really excited about the PS4 and really, really look forward to playing it...one day. I hope it destroys the XBone and support Sony fully (**** Cartman). J just gotta be smart with my gaming these days. Getting old ftw (<---sarcasm).

I don't like playing online, but the PS4 was a day 1 cop for me.  Ended up getting 2K14...however, I didn't set it up last night b/c I had to beat GTAv (which I finally did).  Left work last night around 5pm and made a bunch of stops and ended up getting home a little after 7.  Here's how it went:

1.  Go to BB and pick up my preorder

2.  Go over to Target and return Fifa, COD, and Madden (send my girl to Target the other night with a list...2K14 was at the top, followed by a bunch of other games.  Forgot to tell her that if Target didn't have 2K14, then don't buy anything else...oh well)

3.  Head over to Wal-mart to pick up 2k14 - which I ordered yesterday morning and had shipped to the store.  However, I went to the wrong Wal-Mart.

4.  Go to the RIGHT Wal-Mart and pick up 2k14.

5.  Get pizza.

6.  Go home.

LOL...can't wait to set it up later on. 

Archived