Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Ps4 Thread

Btubes18

My suspicion is that Sony is pulling a Microsoft and trying to sell another service (Sony's $10 a month music subscription) instead of doing the right thing and not screwing the consumer.

Maybe not?

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/395844205215363072

@yosp: Had a very good discussion w the PS4 Dev team today. We're happy & appreciative to learn so many people use and like PS3's media features.

So if I don't have a pre-order and don't plan on waiting in line all night, how long does one figure it will take me to get my hands on one of these bad boys?

I really don't think you will have a problem getting one post-Thanksgiving unless Sony is trying to keep the demand artificially high with limited supply (which really doesn't make sense if you think about it).

So if I don't have a pre-order and don't plan on waiting in line all night, how long does one figure it will take me to get my hands on one of these bad boys?

I really don't think you will have a problem getting one post-Thanksgiving unless Sony is trying to keep the demand artificially high with limited supply (which really doesn't make sense if you think about it).

I agree with TEG. I was thinking about reselling mine, but after a little research, I think that they will have a lot of them for sale for retail. Let's just say it won't be like the Wii debacle.

Can someone explain what the PS4  does that the Xbox one  doesnt outside of just being a more powerful machine in some aspects ?

Plays some exclusives that Microsoft doesnt (just like Microsoft plays exclusives that Sony can't). Other than that, they both look about the same now that Microsoft accepted bluray as the final format (and didn't try to fight most of the the industry).

It's $100 cheaper right now also.

Plays some exclusives that Microsoft doesnt (just like Microsoft plays exclusives that Sony can't). Other than that, they both look about the same now that Microsoft accepted bluray as the final format (and didn't try to fight most of the the industry).

but doesn't come standard with the Kinect system like xbox one correct?

You don't think that the  Kinnect > Move and the Xbox's ability to integrate cable TV weighs the debate in the Xbox's favor? (At least during the initial launch)

You don't think that the  Kinnect > Move and the Xbox's ability to integrate cable TV weighs the debate in the Xbox's favor? (At least during the initial launch)

Sure it does. But I also don't care about motion gaming or the Kinect/Move nor do I like the yearly paywall being forced on my by Microsoft to use apps for services that I already pay a monthly fee for.

If I don't want to pay for a Live membership..why can't I use Netflix/Hulu on the Xbox one? Why make me pay a fee on top of the fee I already pay to Netflix or Hulu?

Sure it does. But I also don't care about motion gaming or the Kinect/Move nor do I like the yearly paywall being forced on my by Microsoft to use apps for services that I already pay a monthly fee for.

If I don't want to pay for a Live membership..why can't I use Netflix/Hulu on the Xbox one? Why make me pay a fee on top of the fee I already pay to Netflix or Hulu?

Thank god.  I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

I only use my PS3, and soon PS4, for gaming.  I don't care about any of those fancy extra features.

I watch netflix through my smart tv, I stream music through my phone wirelessly to my surround sound, and I have no problems watching the actual DVD of Insanity to do my workouts. 

I don't care about using my hands and body to control the menu, I'm perfectly okay with using the directional pad to navigate the XMB menu.  :)

all that fancy stuff the Xbox One will have is cool, no denying that.  But I'm sure I speak for quite a few folks when I say I don't give a **** about all that extra stuff.  just give me the games.  :)

Don't forget you're paying extra for a weaker system. MS got caught with their pants down in February when the PS4 was announced.

the difference in power will doubtful be noticeable. Remember how much more powerful the PS3 was said to be than the 360? In the end, the differences between the two were pretty much negligible when it came to how games looked.

Frankly, I'm tired of the all the arguments over what's stronger than what and I'd rather just look at what games a system will have and will be capable of having.

the difference in power will doubtful be noticeable. Remember how much more powerful the PS3 was said to be than the 360? In the end, the differences between the two were pretty much negligible when it came to how games looked.

Frankly, I'm tired of the all the arguments over what's stronger than what and I'd rather just look at what games a system will have and will be capable of having.

Don't get me wrong....Games are what matter most but where are you going to get the best bang for your buck?.  And for an extra $100 for the Trojan Horse (Kinect), I just don't see it.  Also, this is entirely different than last gen.  Developers had alot of difficulties with the steep learning curve on the PS3 but it was a more powerful system once they put the time in (see: KZ, GOW, Uncharted, TLoS).  This time around, it's going to be much more difficult to reach parity because there is a significant gap in raw horsepower.  Unlike last gen, that gap may actually widen once developers really get a handle on the PS4.  I still may end up getting an XO sometime down the road but not before they can prove that A. their failure rate is better than the 360 and B. the exclusives are worth playing (**** you M$ for moneyhatting EA/Titan Fall).

Don't get me wrong....Games are what matter most but where are you going to get the best bang for your buck?.  And for an extra $100 for the Trojan Horse (Kinect), I just don't see it.  Also, this is entirely different than last gen.  Developers had alot of difficulties with the steep learning curve on the PS3 but it was a more powerful system once they put the time in (see: KZ, GOW, Uncharted, TLoS).  This time around, it's going to be much more difficult to reach parity because there is a significant gap in raw horsepower.  Unlike last gen, that gap may actually widen once developers really get a handle on the PS4.  I still may end up getting an XO sometime down the road but not before they can prove that A. their failure rate is better than the 360 and B. the exclusives are worth playing (**** you M$ for moneyhatting EA/Titan Fall).

I actually have no intention of ever buying an XBone after that stunt they pulled on the announcement of the console, and if I do ever get a PS4, it would be near the end of the generation, and even that isn't very likely. So I really don't have any dogs in the race between those two consoles.

That said, I don't see where the PS4 is supposed to be so much more powerful than the Xbone. The hardware seems pretty similar. They seem to have basically the same CPU, and the GPU difference doesn't seem all that great. The PS4's main advantage is supposed to come from it's use of GDDR5 memory while the Xbone uses DDR3. The GDDR5 is going to have a better throughput for large movement of data which is good for parallel processing you get from a GPU, but also have a greater latency which is worse for linear processing of a CPU. The Xbone also makes use of 32MB ESRAM as a high-speed cache to boost it's overall memory performance which should offset some of the PS4's GDDR5 advantage.

And beyond all that, I think we're coming to the point where we'll see diminishing returns. Even if one console really was superior to the other, the amount of money and time it takes to get graphics that look so much better than what the other one can put out is astronomical, as evidenced by all the developers who have been going out of business making their AAA graphic-fests.

But then again, I'm a contented Nintendo fan who enjoyed the Wii while the 360 and PS3 were fighting with each other last generation.

Ok, here is my problem fellow es'ers I need your help. I got the COD Ghosts on preorder for PS3 with newegg for $48.99 gor $11 off on their promotion.I originally planned to do the digital upgrade from ps3 to ps4 for 10 bucks.

I do not have the PS4 preordered and will try to order one after they launch on Nov 15. I am interested in the B2G1 deal at target for PS4 looking at COD gosts, Watchdogs, AC Blackflag to reserve at Target.

Do I cancel my preorder with Newegg and get the PS4 games even though i don't have a PS4 yet...or do I keep my PS3 Cod ghost and when I get the PS4 do the digital upgrade? Need your advice  

Do I cancel my preorder with Newegg and get the PS4 games even though i don't have a PS4 yet...or do I keep my PS3 Cod ghost and when I get the PS4 do the digital upgrade? Need your advice

If I were you I would keep the newegg deal, and get 3 games that aren't COD at target. Also watch dogs is delayed until 2014 so you probably won't able to get that as a preorder under the target deal. If you can't find 3 other games then I guess just cancel the new egg order. Depends on if you are willing to not play ghosts for awhile if you can't immediately get a ps4. U

Ok, here is my problem fellow es'ers I need your help. I got the COD Ghosts on preorder for PS3 with newegg for $48.99 gor $11 off on their promotion.I originally planned to do the digital upgrade from ps3 to ps4 for 10 bucks.

I do not have the PS4 preordered and will try to order one after they launch on Nov 15. I am interested in the B2G1 deal at target for PS4 looking at COD gosts, Watchdogs, AC Blackflag to reserve at Target.

If I'm not mistaken, the B2G1 deal at Target next week is on all systems. At least that's what I remember reading on CAG.

So you could get the COD Ghosts for the PS3 on that sale (which would make it $40 instead of the 48.99 you paid at NewEgg) and upgrade later.

i can't post the link because I'm at work and my job's internet doesn't like the site,

but an objective video game critic said that Killzone 4: Shadow Fall is "the most beautiful game he's ever seen."  

PS4 reigns supreme :)

Archived