Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Ps4 Thread

Btubes18

I really hope the PS4 doesn't do the same.

No Xbox One patch? No play, Microsoft says

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/2013/1108/No-Xbox-One-patch-No-play-Microsoft-says

Without the day-one software update, the much-vaunted Microsoft Xbox One will be nothing more than a sleek black brick. 

In a new interview with Engadget, Albert Penello,Microsoft's senior director of product management, says the patch will be necessary to play Xbox One games, watch movies, or access the Kinect peripheral. "A lot of the apps come with the day one update because they wouldn't have even been done. You're gonna need to take this update. It's not gonna be really an optional thing," Mr. Penello said. 

To download the patch, you'll need an Internet connection and 15 to 20 minutes of spare time – not such a big ordeal, all things considered. Still, the announcement has been greeted by a fair amount of rancor among gamers. "I don't think Microsoft really understands how product launches work anymore," one Twitter user wrote yesterday.

My extremeskins name is codeorama, playstation network name: code0rama (the 0 is a zero)

I've been saving for the ps4, sold my ps3, ipad mini, a guitar and all my games on ebay just to be able to get it as well as Battlefield 4 and Madden.  I've never played Killzone, but I'm intrigued.

I will get Assassins Creed once the price drops and I have played Battlefield to death.

Also kind of excited for the free game War Thunder.  Looks cool.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/sony-adds-some-freebies-to-ps4-launch-packages/

Sony is throwing in a few last-minute freebies for new PS4 buyers.

The company announced today that, for a limited time, all new PS4 systems will include a voucher for $10 of credit in the PlayStation Store, which can be used on a number of PS4 launch titles (or PS3 and Vita titles, if you prefer). In addition, buyers will get a 30-day trial of PlayStation Plus, giving them temporary access to a bevy of features, including online gameplay and an Instant Game Collection that will include PS4 indie titles Resogun and Contrast at launch.

anybody knowthe specificsfor delivery fridsy? i rodered through amazon. will it ship friday, or arrive at my house friday?

It should be at your house on Friday. I know some people have even received stuff from Amazon a day early but I doubt that happens with something like this.

Also, you could go to your account and under your order it will have an estimated arrival date. 'Mine is Friday by 8 pm. Hopefully it gets here earlier!!

Amazon is also having a buy 2, get 1 sale on 11/12. I'd imagine they will have a lot more in stock than Target will but Amazon's sale only runs for 4 hours...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001500321&pf_rd_p=1654760462&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FBS8TT9ZJCAVSCMK81F&ref_=acs_ux_hsb_5s_1_VG-HP

Amazon is also having a buy 2, get 1 sale on 11/12. I'd imagine they will have a lot more in stock than Target will but Amazon's sale only runs for 4 hours...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1001500321&pf_rd_p=1654760462&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FBS8TT9ZJCAVSCMK81F&ref_=acs_ux_hsb_5s_1_VG-HP

The downside if that it's harder to take advantage of the get one or two games 33% off like you can at Target.

I'm not certain how Amazon will prorate the game prices...but with Target if you buy 3 games at 59.99 each, each game rings up at $39.99, meaning you can return 1 or 2 games and get the game(s) you want at $20 off right now.

I assume Amazon is the same though.

Had the 3 games in my cart, on amazon, ready to go and fired up the discount code as soon as Noon hit. I'm not even planning on getting the Ps4 until mid december, but 3 games for the price of 2 was too good to pass up. So whenever I receive them, I'll get to stare at them for a few weeks lol.

Had the 3 games in my cart, on amazon, ready to go and fired up the discount code as soon as Noon hit.

hehe me too!!

As far as returning 2 of the three, I don't think it would work with this deal. They just subtract around $60 from the total as a promotion, rather than repricing any items. If you wanted to do a return, they would probably have you return all three.

hehe me too!!

As far as returning 2 of the three, I don't think it would work with this deal. They just subtract around $60 from the total as a promotion, rather than repricing any items. If you wanted to do a return, they would probably have you return all three.

Which remains my point that the Target deal is superior (quantities not so much). Assuming you are in a state in which Amazon charges sales tax, the Target deal is even better if you have their redcard that gets you an extra 5% off.

The 3 games (assuming all 3 are $59.99 to begin with) come out at $37.99 per game before tax at Target (with redcard).

Which remains my point that the Target deal is superior (quantities not so much). Assuming you are in a state in which Amazon charges sales tax, the Target deal is even better if you have their redcard that gets you an extra 5% off.

The 3 games (assuming all 3 are $59.99 to begin with) come out at $37.99 per game before tax at Target (with redcard).

Just about.  I just did the Target deal today with my RedCard to get the 3 games I posted up above.  Total was $121.96 with New Jersey's 7% sales tax so $40.65 per game.  So yeah, $37.99 each pre-tax.

Yeah, my totals were before tax.

:)

At Target - there was also a rumor of a coupon that was printing out at the front registers for game purchases last week that gave an extra percent off (not sure if it was 10% or 15%). 

I am assuming it stacked with this week's deal.

Word was that all you had to do with take a $1 pre-order card to the front registers (allegedly didn't work at the back electonics registers) and purchase it, and the coupon printed out. Not sure if it was still occuring this week.

..and I just checked at Target and the pre-order coupon thingy I mentioned in #92 is no longer printing out. Just an FYI.

Yeah it was 30% off too. Would be an awesome deal but from what I read it took jumping through a ton of hoops and still never printed out for some people

Sony is throwing in a few last-minute freebies for new PS4 buyers.

The company announced today that, for a limited time, all new PS4 systems will include a voucher for $10 of credit in the PlayStation Store, which can be used on a number of PS4 launch titles (or PS3 and Vita titles, if you prefer). In addition, buyers will get a 30-day trial of PlayStation Plus, giving them temporary access to a bevy of features, including online gameplay and an Instant Game Collection that will include PS4 indie titles Resogun and Contrast at launch.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/sony-adds-some-freebies-to-ps4-launch-packages/

How did I miss this???

745%20-%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20

Yeah it was 30% off too. Would be an awesome deal but from what I read it took jumping through a ton of hoops and still never printed out for some people

Figures since I kept forgetting to try it last week. Target is crazy sometimes..a few years ago they fubar'ed themselves with the promotion (via printable coupon) of buy $50 in giftcards (any of them that they sell - even to other stores) and you get a free $10 Target giftcard.

Needless to say, I printed that coupon off a few times and loaded up on Amazon giftcards and got some free Target money.

Back on topic - I'm starting to get jealous of you all getting the PS4 right now. I really wanted to pre-order it but since I have so many games to play still on the PS3, I couldn't just talk myself into it. But I do have a birthday coming up in January..so maybe I'll weaken a bit by then.

:)

How did I miss this???

745%20-%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%20

I just saw also that people buying the PS4 games via Amazon are getting $5 in online credit to the Sony store. I don't think its per game though..just a one time code.

So I get $15 worth of credit for the PlayStation Store and 30 days free on PSN Plus. That is a win. I might get BF4 with that extra $15 dollars on launch day from the PlayStation Store.

MLS....you're my man, so I won't smack you.....LOL

get that PS4 gameplay in bro!

Archived