Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Ps4 Thread

Btubes18

I know there is a PS3 vs Xbox 360 thread, but this system deserves it's own thread to talk about

all things PS4. Who's getting it?  Who's getting it release day?  What games are you getting or plan on getting in the next year?  We have a little less than a month to go until the release of this system.

Release Date 11/15/2013.

500 GB HDD

List of realese date games:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Launch_Titles

Feel free to post your PSN names so we can get a collective list going and I will update the thread as frequent as possible:

Extremeskins Name : PSN NAME

Btubes18 : Btubes18

sherrardsd : stievSureHard

Xameil : Xam333

youngchew : matt-chew82

dagoonie55 : mssanary

Dr. Do Itch Big : Huey_PQ

I have a preorder for a PS4 to deliver on release day, however I plan to not open it for a couple of days to see what the secondary market looks like.  If I can double my money and pay for a PS4 purchase when more come in stock, then I will probably do that and continue to play my backlog of PS3 games.  If not, I will definitely be enjoying the system and all that it offers.  My first thing I will probably do is upgrade the HDD to 1tb or bigger.

I have a preorder for a PS4 to deliver on release day, however I plan to not open it for a couple of days to see what the secondary market looks like.  If I can double my money and pay for a PS4 purchase when more come in stock, then I will probably do that and continue to play my backlog of PS3 games.

not a bad idea there...i might hold off too on opening mine and test the waters.  Either way, this system is going to kick some major ass.  Sony for life. 

Could/should this thread also become the official "post your PS4 gamer tag" thread?  or just discuss all things PS4...?

not a bad idea there...i might hold off too on opening mine and test the waters.  Either way, this system is going to kick some major ass.  Sony for life. 

Could/should this thread also become the official "post your PS4 gamer tag" thread?  or just discuss all things PS4...?

Sure feel free to post your PSN Names here, mine will be the same as my PS3.  I will update my original post to include.

I have a preorder for a PS4 to deliver on release day, however I plan to not open it for a couple of days to see what the secondary market looks like.  If I can double my money and pay for a PS4 purchase when more come in stock, 

this is also my plan. I'm less excited about the launch now that Watch Dogs and Drive Club have both been delayed. Still excited for Killzone, and to a lesser extent AC4.

oh and my gamertag:

sherrardsd: stievSureHard

I got a release day delivery too. I should wait to see if I can hustle somebody into paying double.

I had Pre-ordered NBA 2k14, Watch Dogs, and an extra controller. But since Watch Dogs got pushed back, I switched to Ghosts. I think all together, it was about $580. If I could flip that on Ebay for $1,000 that would be sweet...

. Still excited for Killzone, 

killzone is gonna be friggin' awesome.  Really looking forward to Shadowfall.  Hopefully they take it back to the Killzone 2 roots.  Killzone 3 was a little meh, but the graphics were amazing.

this is also my plan. I'm less excited about the launch now that Watch Dogs and Drive Club have both been delayed. Still excited for Killzone, and to a lesser extent AC4.

oh and my gamertag:

sherrardsd: stievSureHard

So Drive club is not going to be released on release day?  I thought it was going to be the free PS+ game?...

I guess I'm one of the few that will tear the box open and throw in KZ 4 about 5 minutes after I get home...lol.

game tag is Xam333

Any KZ online players out there, hit me up. I'm always looking to hook up with the same players since that way you can understand how each other plays.

I guess I'm one of the few that will tear the box open and throw in KZ 4 about 5 minutes after I get home...lol.

Any KZ online players out there, hit me up. I'm always looking to hook up with the same players since that way you can understand how each other plays.

add me:  matt-chew82

i'm a HUGE killzone guy.  at one pointback in 2009, i was top 500 in the world on killzone 2 multiplayer LOL.  killzone 3 added some campy stuff, like extra points for killstreaks and the new spawn system where you have to capture an area.  i miss the old killzone 2 spawn grenades LOL.

But yes, i don't think i'll play anything elsee but killzone for the first week :)

add me:  matt-chew82

i'm a HUGE killzone guy.  at one pointback in 2009, i was top 500 in the world on killzone 2 multiplayer LOL.  killzone 3 added some campy stuff, like extra points for killstreaks and the new spawn system where you have to capture an area.  i miss the old killzone 2 spawn grenades LOL.

But yes, i don't think i'll play anything elsee but killzone for the first week :)

I think I already have you on my list. I'm going to have to check when I get home.

Man, I really want a PS4 but I just can't get over the controller.  I know it's an improvement over the PS3 but the PS3 controller is absolutely awful for first person shooters.  Someone convince me it's not!

I don't think any of us know how the PS4 controller will do. I know they plan on using the touch screen part of it.

Man, I really want a PS4 but I just can't get over the controller.  I know it's an improvement over the PS3 but the PS3 controller is absolutely awful for first person shooters.  Someone convince me it's not!

I actually like the controller, however I have very sweaty hands and the grips on the controller are so bad, that after about 15 minutes of play it's really hard for me to play fast paced online games...

It is inevitable - someone will create a crossover controller for your gaming needs.

I had a 360 controller for my ps3. 

So Drive club is not going to be released on release day?  I thought it was going to be the free PS+ game?...

Unfortunately it's delayed until sometime in 2014. It will still be a PS+ bonus when it's eventually released though. They've added "Contrast" as a new PS plus game at launch. 

I got a release day delivery too. I should wait to see if I can hustle somebody into paying double.

I had Pre-ordered NBA 2k14, Watch Dogs, and an extra controller. But since Watch Dogs got pushed back, I switched to Ghosts. I think all together, it was about $580. If I could flip that on Ebay for $1,000 that would be sweet...

ill give you 580.01 for the Ps4... that way you make a profit, and i receive a system id love to have. everyone wins.

ill give you 580.01 for the Ps4... that way you make a profit, and i receive a system id love to have. everyone wins.

This man gets it...

I thought about it, talked to some people, and did a little research. I decided I am not going to do it. 

1.I don't think there will be a shortage of systems like the initial release of the Wii U.

2.I really don't want to wait to play my game.

3. And even if there wasn't two other reasons, I came to my senses that I can't take advantage of anybody like that. Even it is a legal way of doing it, I can't go down that road anymore lol

Just a quick off-topic... For those of you currently stockpiling PS3 games like me, here's a great Gamespot link with someone displaying top games for every genre. Doesn't do much to prevent me from lighting up ebay lol.
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/sony-ps3-ps4-discussion-1000002/playstation-3-game-recommendation-thread-fully-upd-29300298/?page=1

Wondering what my first game purchase will be...thinking maybe Killzone or COD, not sure yet.

What are you guys getting?

I posted eralier that I am getting COD and NBA 2k14.

I wanted Watch Dogs, but whatever. And I would get BF4 but my cousin is getting a PS4 and Ghosts, so I gotta folow him unfourtunately...

Oh yeah, if they let you use the same PSN for the PS3 for the PS4, I will be "MLp33zy"

I think I hate your ****ers. 

Enjoy the PS4 in a few weeks... as my backlog of games on both the PS3 and 360 won't let me in good conscience by a new system for awhile.

lol that's how I feel towards the AC Blackflag people...I am holding off on that until I get the PS4 and play KZ for awhile.

This is the first Assassins Creed since the first one I didn't pre-order it...

Archived