Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Ps4 Thread

Btubes18

If you like a real football simulation, Madden for PS4 is WORLD'S apart from Madden on the older gen systems. The OL actually blocks somewhat responsibly. You have to make reads on the zone plays and hit the open hole. You can't just bounce the ball.

Passing game, you have to read coverages. It's awesome. I love it. Oh and the defense is fine, but you have to change how you defend teams... Not necessarily schematically, but every CPU team is a bit different. So showing/not showing blitzes, pressing/not pressing, DL shifts, LB shifts... All comes into play. You can't just stay static.

I think Madden was a major upgrade.

So played PS4 on Friday..

Madden: looked a little better not much IMO. The one major upgrade is the line. Playing as Rak he actually tried to get off blocks. Not like 360/PS3 where once you're engaged you're screwed. Enjoyed the game a lot.

NBA 2K: The only realy improvement i seen was in cut shots. The game play reminded me a lot of old gen games...which isn't bad or anything. I think the 2k series look awesome on the old systems so i figured it would be a little difficult for them to make a major upgrade right away.

BF4: Thought this looked much much better than current systems. Everything runs much smoother. A huge upgrade over old systems. 

So played PS4 on Friday..

NBA 2K: The only realy improvement i seen was in cut shots. The game play reminded me a lot of old gen games...which isn't bad or anything. I think the 2k series look awesome on the old systems so i figured it would be a little difficult for them to make a major upgrade right away.

Man that's crazy. The PS4 NBA 2k is a system seller. The graphics are lightyears beyond current gen. I was skeptical after the Phil Collins trailer but man they delivered. That game is awesome in every way between gameplay and graphically there are so many little details that have been added...at least the on court game. The MyCareer scenes are pretty lacking. 

PSN: colbyman21

add me fellas

I can't get the $2.00 headphone jack they included to work. Anybody else having this problem? It picks up no voices including my own. I don't have any Turtle Beaches or anything just an xbox headset and what I hoped would be a PS4 one, but man this thing is whack. 

Music Unlimited. I think I'm all in on it.

You get a free trial with the system so I said why not. It's very cool to stream any music you want when playing without any issues. Can control what you are listening to just by hitting the home button.

Then.. I downloaded the app on my phone. Works perfectly.

I don't have a paid spotify so I think I'll actually pay for this and use it once it's my free trial is done.

Man that's crazy. The PS4 NBA 2k is a system seller. The graphics are lightyears beyond current gen. I was skeptical after the Phil Collins trailer but man they delivered. That game is awesome in every way between gameplay and graphically there are so many little details that have been added...at least the on court game. The MyCareer scenes are pretty lacking. 

add me fellas

I can't get the $2.00 headphone jack they included to work. Anybody else having this problem? It picks up no voices including my own. I don't have any Turtle Beaches or anything just an xbox headset and what I hoped would be a PS4 one, but man this thing is whack. 

I am having the same issue, maybe it's a setting on the PS4, but mine definitely does not work.  May have to ping Amazon about it and see if they will send out a new controller.

Music Unlimited. I think I'm all in on it.

You get a free trial with the system so I said why not. It's very cool to stream any music you want when playing without any issues. Can control what you are listening to just by hitting the home button.

Then.. I downloaded the app on my phone. Works perfectly.

I don't have a paid spotify so I think I'll actually pay for this and use it once it's my free trial is done.

This sounds cool.  I will have to check out the free trial...

add me fellas

Man, I know I am late, but I love 2K14 too. Between that and COD, I have definitely played 2K more. Have you tried The Park yet? It's pretty decent.

Mine only works if it's not all the way in (LOL) . And everything I say is echoed. Definitely going to look into upgrading to something thats actually usable soon.

I'm officially in the club!!!  So, I called Best Buy yesterday because of the info I got about them getting shipments in 8 days after and what youngchew posted he heard on forum boards.  Well, the guy tells me that they didn't get a shipment in and don't know when, BUT, they could possibly have some consoles for sale Sunday because the people that did pre-orders only had through closing Saturday to pick them up or they would be available to the public starting Sunday at 8am.  

Well, I'm thinking I still probably won't have a shot, there could be one left, two left, 10 left, etc.  And typically, I won't be up early on Sundays and I'm really not one to do the midnight madness sales, black friday, etc.  The wife laughed at me when I told her I was gonna try and grab one today at 8am.  She wanted me to wait until January anyhow and didn't think I'd get one.  

(In my Barney Stinson voice) Challenge accepted!!!

So, I get to Best Buy at 7:25 am and there are five people standing in line outside (two are a couple).  It's 30 degrees, so I decide to stay in the car until I see another car pull up in the parking lot, then I would b-line it to the store to secure my spot in line.  At 7:35 am, Best Buy employee comes out and starts talking to everyone in line.  So, I rush to see if I got a shot or not.  Get there and ask how many PS4's they have.  He then tells me we have five consoles left and you are #5 in line, congrats.

I was so pumped.  He came back out a few mins later and asked if we could move the line down the side of the building and stated that they know us five were the first five and not to worry that we would be the one's getting the consoles, even if other people came after us and tried to jump in front of us.  Then about 5 minutes before they opened, they let us in and got us in line at customer service up front to purchase the consoles.  

Nobody else ever came in line or into the store, but I thought that was cool of them.  Im so pumped right now its ridiculous.  I picked up Madden 25 and have the digital downloads for CoD Ghosts and BF4 to buy for $10 each (came with the PS3 version purchase).

Questions, does my PSN account transfer over?  Will all my stats in Madden 25 from PS3 carry over like the progress in Ghosts?

Questions, does my PSN account transfer over?  Will all my stats in Madden 25 from PS3 carry over like the progress in Ghosts?

Bro - awesome!

I have heard no issues with the upgrades crossing over.  Launch night, there were level 30 dudes running around on Ghosts.  I'm not sure about madden.  Someone else would have to speak to that.

I cannot for the life of me get BF4 to connect to the EA Servers. I tried all weekend and couldn't play online which is why I got the game. Its not an issue on any other game and my internet connection is ok. I'll probably take the game back if I can't connect. 

The campaign is legit though. It's pretty intense and feels like you're in the shootouts. Graphics are just awesome too of course. 

For you Killzone players out there - can you split screen and play it with another person locally?

Probably a dumb question, but nowhere online says either way.

I'll check later but COD was a pain in the ass do do it. Took me about 30minutes to get it setup with no instruction or anything I could find online.

For some reason, it didn't let you log in as a guest or another PSN account, you had to create a new account on your ps4 and login to that one.

• 1 month later...

Archived