Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How In The Hell Did Va Dems Nominate Mcauliffe For Governor?

SkinsHokieFan

I'm getting my results from here while watching the Caps. Sorry, no help. :)

It just takes longer because the NOVA precincts have to pick through the ballots and remove some of the GOP votes. It takes time!

I though it was from having to scan the obituaries LOL

holding at 1 with 85%

I though it was from having to scan the obituaries LOL

holding at 1 with 85%

Define "holding" haha. Few minutes ago it was "holding" at 3.

AG race is frustrating, hoping for a clean sweep today because Cooch has demonstrated the ability of AG to impact the legislature. And it's the typical stepping stone to the Gov nomination.

VA has historically gone split ticket pretty frequently though. It's as if VA independents who vote D feel like they have to throw a token vote to the R and pick the lowest one on the statewide ballot.

VA Board of Elections website showing Cuccinelli lead down to only 400 votes with 87.64% in.

Hey stop using the official site. That gives you results before the media, not fair.  (That is the site I follow as well). Doesn't look like I'll see the MSNBC heads explode after all. McCaullif will win.

Fixed

And *raises hand*

lol...Yeah, that's probably true. I don't know anyone who actually liked McAullife.

Now the election to watch is the AG, that one has been slowly narrowing. I'm not sure Herring can make up the difference, still like 40k+ votes to make up. Looks like Dem Gov and Lieutenant Gov and Republican AG.

VA dem governor not uncommon. 3 of the last 4. 6 of the last 9.

Not to mention both of our Senators are Democrats.

You know, I've long dreamed of Northern Virginia statehood. Thought we'd have to fight for it (not literally) but maybe the rest of Virginia gets tired of being represented by Democrats and just kicks us out :-)

(State of Northern Virginia and then just combine old Virginia with ex-old Virginia (West Virginia) to keep the nice round number of 50 states. Works for me.)

Not to mention both of our Senators are Democrats.

You know, I've long dreamed of Northern Virginia statehood. Thought we'd have to fight for it (not literally) but maybe the rest of Virginia gets tired of being represented by Democrats and just kicks us out :-)

(State of Northern Virginia and then just combine old Virginia with ex-old Virginia (West Virginia) to keep the nice round number of 50 states. Works for me.)

What's wrong with 51 or 52 states?  Think part of Colorado were voting to form a new state yesterday.

Sarvis made the difference in the race. Did Virginia have alot of military or absentee ballots that need to be counted?

According to one analyst, Sarvis stole votes fairly evenly from both candidates.  I don't know if I buy that because I think more conservatives are likely to go for libertarians, but it's not impossible given the quality of both major candidates.

What's wrong with 51 or 52 states?  Think part of Colorado were voting to form a new state yesterday.

There is nothing wrong with it. Only issue is that the system is built to make it almost impossible for folks to do it without everybody in agreement. if Southern VA wants to split, I say "let them". Same for Colorado or even California. 

Archived