Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How In The Hell Did Va Dems Nominate Mcauliffe For Governor?

SkinsHokieFan

The link I sent has all the poll #'s (more or less). They have McAuliffe up 17, then 12, then 4. I'm sure there are margin of error issues, but the trend is there.

They are different polls. The poll that had McAuliffe up by 12 was completed literally the day before the Quinnipiac poll was. Are you suggesting he dropped 8 points overnight?

The last Quinnipiac poll had McAuliffe up by 7 points, so we might be seeing a slight tightening of the race. But I'd wait and see if other polls also show the numbers closing before declaring some sort of observable trend is happening.

They are different polls. The poll that had McAuliffe up by 12 was completed literally the day before the Quinnipiac poll was. Are you suggesting he dropped 8 points overnight?

The last Quinnipiac poll had McAuliffe up by 7 points, so we might be seeing a slight tightening of the race. But I'd wait and see if other polls also show the numbers closing before declaring some sort of observable trend is happening.

Fair enough. I'm not saying Cucc will win. I am very curious about the final numbers though. It will tell D's whether to go into all out panic, or not.

Only in a massively terrible political environment would Cucc defeat McAuliffe.

Cuccinelli and company will set back rights for women over 100 years.

I've said a billion times I hate when people exaggerate to get their point across!

:)

Oh, I absolutely believe LSF believes what she's saying. The USA granted Women's Suffrage in 1920, so I think she's off by a few years, at least.

The Fix addressed the differences in polls. Nothing ground breaking. Just interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/10/30/is-terry-mcauliffe-pulling-away-or-losing-ground/

Is Terry McAuliffe pulling away or losing ground?
BY SCOTT CLEMENT AND PEYTON M. CRAIGHILL
October 30 at 2:48 pm
A quartet of independent polls in Virginia find wildly differing results in Democrat Terry McAuliffe’s lead over Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the state’s governor’s race, with one indicating a tight race one week before Election Day and two suggesting we are headed for a landslide.

The smallest lead comes from a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday showing McAuliffe up 45 to 41 percent; Hampton University finds McAuliffe up six, the Washington Post and Abt-SRBI show a 12-point lead and Roanoke College finds McAuliffe up 15. Here’s a table showing each of the polls.

polling-va-gov-race1.jpg

More form the link.

McAuliffe bought the nomination fair and square - I'm sure he still has the recipe somewhere. 

The protest vote for Sarvis looks like the best option. 

Cuccinelli and company will set back rights for women over 100 years.

:rolleyes:

Froth at the mouth much?  There's enough of a factual basis to discredit Cuccinelli that you don't need to engage in gross exaggeration, but you did anyway. 

Froth at the mouth much?  There's enough of a factual basis to discredit Cuccinelli that you don't need to engage in gross exaggeration, but you did anyway. 

It's not like it hasn't been said already.

Senator Elizabeth Warren said it last week whe she said, 

Cuccinelli, the right-wing Attorney General of Virginia, almost derailed Virginia's budget in 2008 in an attempt to defund Planned Parenthood. And he sponsored a bill that could have banned common forms of birth control. Even the pill.

Now here's the scary thing: In just 12 days, Ken Cuccinelli could become governor of Virginia.

I don't normally write to you about governor's races, but I'm sick of debating these social issues like it's 1913, not 2013.

Personally, as an outsider now, I really do hope the majority of "independents" (who are really Republicans but don't want the stigma that comes with admitting it these days - see what happens when you continue to nominate loons???) in Virginia vote 3rd party.

It means an easy win for the Democrats in Virginia. Something that I didn't think would happen again for a long long long time.

One more thing..when Cuccinelli loses...will some here finally give up the idea that the GOP nationally needs to run farther to the right? Cuccinelli is as far to the right on social issues as any major candidate can be..and he will be likely trounced in a usually conservative state.

This race should be a case study for the national GOP. 

I know it goes without saying, but if turnout is low and enough of you young Northern Virginians who clearly are disgusted by Cuccinelli decide to protest vote for Sarvis, Cooch might just win.  I guarantee you that the conservatives in the mega churches in Virginia Beach and Lynchburg and Mechanicsville and Portsmouth will all turn out to vote, and they will all vote for the Cooch.

McAuliffe bought the nomination fair and square - I'm sure he still has the recipe somewhere. 

The protest vote for Sarvis looks like the best option. 

The only thing that wouldn't be set back is voting rights for women.  If they could roll that back they would.

Their platform: 

1.  no abortion at all (ideally for them) not even in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.

2.  Women would have to get permission from their husbands to divorce.

3.  If they can't outright outlaw all abortions, they support state sanctioned penetrative rape using transvaginal ultrasounds.  I don't know one woman who would willingly undergo this procedure to have access to their legal right to abortion.

These positions are NOT exaggerations, they are facts of their campaign.  I call this a huge set back for women.  I don't know what you call it, business as usual, not very serious issues?  If you are a woman, it's straight up serious.  Thank goodness I still get to vote here on Tuesday.

Oh, one more thing.  So men, if you want a erectile dysfunction prescription, how about the state legislators pass a law to force you to undergo a transanal ultrasound to make sure you really need the script?

The guy was terrible in the debate last night and is basically a frat boy selling his charm to a sorority girl 

Meanwhile you have a complete nutjob in Cuccinelli, but he also comes off prepared, with a plan and experience. You can tell at minimum the guy is very competent and would be an effective administrator, but again, is a complete insane nutjob from the worst of VA Republicans.

McAuliffe is an asshole, a party hack, about as attractive as that other party leader asshole Rince Preibus,

But Cucinelli really reinforces the Republican party image of hating women and science. And he's a complete douchebag too.

And in the classic spirit of small government Republicans, Cucinelli spent taxpayer dollars on a politically motivated academic witch-hunt ... suing a UVa academic on their research because it involved climate change?

This should be a slam dunk for VA Dems, but you can't help but think McAuliffe treats this as one big joke and just something to add to his resume

I don't want to see a nutjob like Cucinelli in charge of the dog park, but I certainly don't want someone so unprepared like McAuliffe that he thinks taking Republicans out for beers will help fix some serious issues in VA 

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-09-15/local/42088771_1_terry-mcauliffe-lieutenant-governor-aneesh-chopra

Ah Civility, don't you just love it.

The only thing that wouldn't be set back is voting rights for women.  If they could roll that back they would.

Their platform: 

1.  no abortion at all (ideally for them) not even in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.

2.  Women would have to get permission from their husbands to divorce.

3.  If they can't outright outlaw all abortions, they support state sanctioned penetrative rape using transvaginal ultrasounds.  I don't know one woman who would willingly undergo this procedure to have access to their legal right to abortion.

These positions are NOT exaggerations, they are facts of their campaign.  I call this a huge set back for women.  I don't know what you call it, business as usual, not very serious issues?  If you are a woman, it's straight up serious.  Thank goodness I still get to vote here on Tuesday.

Oh, one more thing.  So men, if you want a erectile dysfunction prescription, how about the state legislators pass a law to force you to undergo a transanal ultrasound to make sure you really need the script?

Wow, exagerate much?

1. Every attempt they've made at this has been shot down by a GOP held Assembly or the courts. And please stop pretending that abortion is about rights or health. It's simple economics and eugenics. The sooner we can treat it like that, the sooner we can stop getting all in a huff about it.

2. Not true. They simply have to be notified prior to a no fault divorice being filed. Oh, btw, men have the same requirement too. So men can't get divorced from their wives without permission.

3. Penetrative rape? You mean the same procedure that a woman will go through when she's pregnant?

There's a pretty massive difference between ED and a pregnancy. And most men who need ED are already getting an anal probe once a year. Honestly, if it meant I could terminate and unwanted pregnancy, I'd take a camera up the butt all day.

I always fear having people like Cuccinelli in any position of authority.  I freely admit it.

Then you should understand the need to limit the power of any position of authority, lest it be abused.  To think we can create positions of great authority and have the collective wisdom to only elect the "right" person to that authority is to be ignorant of human nature and history. 

Have you ever noticed that the people who don't care about women's rights are all men?  :P

Have you noticed those that claim to support them use them against them?

Would it surprise you that more men support abortion after 20 wks than women or that more females are terminated.

I do agree a major part of the problem is irresponsible men

Have you noticed those that claim to support them use them against them?

Would it surprise you that more men support abortion after 20 wks than women or that more females are terminated.

I do agree a major part of the problem is irresponsible men

No it's not. It's irresponsible people. Takes two to tango. Both sides have to decide they don't want to use birth control.

And the men's aspect is possibly the most infurriating point in the whole process. Somehow, society has decided that a man should have no say over whether or not a pregnancy is brought to term, but then, once it is, he's suddenly responssible for paying for it.

If it's a choice, then it's her choice and she has to live with the consequences. All of them. Meaning that unless there was a contract in place beforehand (ie, marriage or a civil union) then frankly, child support payments should be court mandated. She had the option of making the choice to terminate her pregnancy. She chose not to.

No it's not. It's irresponsible people. Takes two to tango. Both sides have to decide they don't want to use birth control.

And the men's aspect is possibly the most infurriating point in the whole process. Somehow, society has decided that a man should have no say over whether or not a pregnancy is brought to term, but then, once it is, he's suddenly responssible for paying for it.

If it's a choice, then it's her choice and she has to live with the consequences. All of them. Meaning that unless there was a contract in place beforehand (ie, marriage or a civil union) then frankly, child support payments should be court mandated. She had the option of making the choice to terminate her pregnancy. She chose not to.

boo hoo... 

yes, men throughout history, and contining today, are teh ones taking the  brunt of the finacnial and social impact from children without married cohabitating parents...

(ignoring all evidence, of course--- and no, the anecdotal story of a specific dedicated hard-working man who loses half of his paycheck and is still unable to see his children DOESN"T overwhelm the fact that by far the single biggest path to poverty for children (and for young women as well) in america is non-participating fathers) 

Archived