Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How In The Hell Did Va Dems Nominate Mcauliffe For Governor?

SkinsHokieFan

This is pretty much what I expected to happen. McAuliffe by 4ish points (maybe slightly less) is my guess.

So far @TerryMcAuliffe underperforming our 7.5% win model pretty much everywhere, but not by enough to lose: https://docs.google.com/a/cookpolitical.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvOrrxBeaarVdFQ1NGJLa1UyMVpRYjZTTVZ1aVE2V0E&usp=drive_web#gid=0 

Had a republican one come up to hand me a sample ballot.  I'm like I'm good man.  Do any of the parties really think me looking at their selections is gonna make me vote for them? 

I always take the first one that is given to me and vote for whoever's name is written in the biggest font because clearly they are the best. Last time I checked it is illegal in VA to put your name in big fonts unless you're really awesome.

certainly different than the polling

C up 3 with 70% in

Many heavy D areas are outstanding. 

R's are kicking themselves. Will probably lose by ~3% despite almost no national support for candidate and government shutdown during ACA failures. Chalk this up in the Christine O'Donnell category of blown races (unless I'm wrong, but I don't think I am).

Yeah I'm surprised.  I just refreshed the Virginia Board of Elections website, and it's showing Cuccinelli ahead by about two percentage points (30,000 or so votes) with 74.10 percent of precincts reporting.  Sarvis at just under 7%.  Question is, are the outstanding 25% of precincts mostly democrat leans, or does Cuccinelli have more of a chance than I thought?

Yeah, all those red counties down in the SW with less than 10k votes in each always get the republican up early in the state.

In other news, where are people getting their results? For me it seems like the state elections website is behind the news sites.

I'm getting my results from here while watching the Caps. Sorry, no help. :)

ya'll don't equalize voting precincts?

It just takes longer because the NOVA precincts have to pick through the ballots and remove some of the GOP votes. It takes time!

Yeah, all those red counties down in the SW with less than 10k votes in each always get the republican up early in the state.

In other news, where are people getting their results? For me it seems like the state elections website is behind the news sites.

http://electionresults.virginia.gov/resultsSW.aspx?type=SWR&map=CTY

That's what I'm using.

Archived