Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

You know that the criticism of Carson is not his belief that Joseph went to Egypt, but that Carson believes that the pyramids were used for grain storage, right?

BTW, the Egyptians were pretty bright and they knew that this is a TERRIBLE design for a grainery.

Well, the Joseph that was Jesus' father and the Joseph that was in Egypt are two different people  (i know, i know, neither of them "actually" existed).  But the mainstream media doesn't really focus on that point.  And yes, the idea that the pyramids were being used to store grain sounds ridiculous, but it sounds even more ridiculous when you believe that he's referencing the big one, Khufu's Pyramid. (it was more like some storage buildings, so could have been anything really, of course it's all fake so who cares).  Genesis 41: 50-57 is the reference. Who knows what pyramid he's talking about. There were lots of them.

So what he's saying doesn't make sense, but what the media is saying that he's saying makes him look even crazier.  What he really believes is still crazy, but some degree less crazy than what the media says he believes.  Got it?

Edit: BTW, Liberals, this is what happens when you smoke weed all day every day. You get strange ideas, and then you think its a good idea to share them at public events. So no more discussion on legalization.

Well, the Joseph that was Jesus' father and the Joseph that was in Egypt are two different people  (i know, i know, neither of them "actually" existed).  But the mainstream media doesn't really focus on that point.  And yes, the idea that the pyramids were being used to store grain sounds ridiculous, but it sounds even more ridiculous when you believe that he's referencing the big one, Khufu's Pyramid. (it was more like some storage buildings, so could have been anything really, of course it's all fake so who cares).  Genesis 41: 50-57 is the reference. Who knows what pyramid he's talking about. There were lots of them.

So what he's saying doesn't make sense, but what the media is saying that he's saying makes him look even crazier.  What he really believes is still crazy, but some degree less crazy than what the media says he believes.  Got it?

He's crazy. Got it.

Edit: BTW, Liberals, this is what happens when you smoke weed all day every day. You get strange ideas, and then you think its a good idea to share them at public events. So no more discussion on legalization.

Wow, that was a lot of typing when you could have just said "Yeah what he said was stupid."

Carson wasn't informed or even offered a scholarship at West Point 

If someone that knows tells me I can have something if I claim it,  has it been offered?

Is your position he was not informed of this?.....or do you prefer more specific .

IF he was informed of the obvious(much like the earlier automatic deferment I mentioned :P  ) would you accept that refusing to claim it is rejecting something offered?

If someone that knows tells me I can have something if I claim it,  has it been offered?

Is your position he was not informed of this?.....or do you prefer more specific .

IF he was informed of the obvious(much like the earlier automatic deferment I mentioned :P  ) would you accept that refusing to claim it is rejecting something offered?

Oh I can't wait for all of the parsing of words that will be used to spin this by the right or by Carson's campaign.

Carson went on to Yale. I suspect he was smart enough to know what he would need to get into West Point. Again, Casron wasn't offered a spot to West Point (or as he claims, a scholarship). Why? Because General Westmoreland simply couldn't just offer him one. You have to apply. Carson didn't. You have to have a letter of support (from a Senator or equivalent). Carson didn't. 

But keep spinning.

LMAO

The lengths you will go to defend something outrageously stupid and a blatant lie. Defend this more, and you might twist yourself into a pretzel.

Who really cares in the end?  Carson is obviously unqualified to be the Republican nominee and the support for him is incredibly uninformed and downright irresponsible.  Everyone in this thread understands that.  Talking about all of the crazy and stupid crap he's said actually makes me feel uncomfortable because he's such an amateur and is so profoundly ignorant of the world of politics/history/public policy/government.

Carson went on to Yale. I suspect he was smart enough to know what he would need to get into West Point. Again, Casron wasn't offered a spot to West Point (or as he claims, a scholarship). Why? Because General Westmoreland simply couldn't just offer him one. You have to apply. Carson didn't. You have to have a letter of support (from a Senator or equivalent). Carson didn't. 

But keep spinning.

If someone who clearly has all the right boxes checked for something ,applying is just a formality.

now why would you apply for something you do not want?

Ya'll have fun with the scholarship thing ya hear :lol:

LMAO

The lengths you will go to defend something outrageously stupid and a blatant lie. Defend this more, and you might twist yourself into a pretzel.

I'm not defending him, I'm pointing out ya'lls faults

I'm enjoying the spectacle. :lol:

I met John F. Kennedy and was "offered" a full ride scholarship to Harvard.   I decided not to apply for it.

Prove me wrong.   

Don't be a dummy. Harvard actually does have full ride scholarships. Westpoint doesn't (because it doesn't need to). You need to come up with a fictitious merit based offer that once caught as a lie, you would have to spin it as something completely different. Also preferably, it bends the established rules of the institution because you're just that ****ing awesome.

Don't be a dummy. Harvard actually does have full ride scholarships. Westpoint doesn't (because it doesn't need to). You need to come up with a fictitious merit based offer that once caught as a lie, you would have to spin it as something completely different. Also preferably, it bends the established rules of the institution because you're just that ****ing awesome.

Full ride football scholarship to George Mason?

I'm 5'8". Totally the next Wes Welker. :P

Edit: Forgot to mention, it was Luke Han**** offering it.

I met John F. Kennedy and was "offered" a full ride scholarship to Harvard.   I decided not to apply for it.

Prove me wrong.   

well ya are old enough  :P

I'm curious, my son says he has been offered Officers Candidates School (with full scholarship :P;)  ;)  )repeatedly.....yet never applied despite being assured he is a lock.

Should I call him a liar since he did not fill out the forms?

well ya are old enough  :P

I'm curious, my son says he has been offered Officers Candidates School (with full scholarship :P;)  ;)  )repeatedly.....yet never applied despite being assured he is a lock.

Should I call him a liar since he did not fill out the forms?

Ben Carson could never have been offered a scholarship to West Point.

Moreover, Ben Carson could never have been offered West Point admittance by General Westmoreland.

Why is that so hard for you to admit?

This race is absolutely fascinating to me.

You've got the Trump/Carson clown shows that keep chugging along. Will they eventually die out when the voting starts?

Rubio is now the leading "establishment candidate" and as such will face additional scrutiny. Will he hold up?

You have to wonder if everyone in the race is just hanging around as long as they can in the hopes that everyone ahead of them just kills each other off. Thinking specifically of Bush and Christie.

I wonder if Scott Walker regrets his early exit. He was boring as **** but you would think he could have been right up there with Rubio at this point.

Full ride football scholarship to George Mason?

I'm 5'8". Totally the next Wes Welker. :P

Edit: Forgot to mention, it was Luke Han**** offering it.

That's a good one.

We need more fictitious merit based awards. And we then need twa to spin them as not being fictitious.

Ben Carson could never have been offered a scholarship to West Point.

Moreover, Ben Carson could never have been offered West Point admittance by General Westmoreland.

Why is that so hard for you to admit?

But could he have easily secured a nomination and acceptance to West Point?.....Yes Or NO  :)

Was he told that ?

But could he have easily secured a nomination and acceptance to West Point?.....Yes Or NO  :)

Was he told that ?

First off - that is not what Carson claimed. So spin it however you want, Carson lied in a book, recently lied again on a Facebook chat - and then finally has his message crafted to admit some of the truth.

As for your modified Q now - the answer is most likely not the year he was claiming a scholarship offer because the application process for admittance usually starts almost a full year prior to entrance. It's a lengthy process that requires letters, interviews, etc.

This "offer" allegedly happened in May (or February..or on Mars) of the same calendar year he would have started as a plebe. So no, nothing about his story tracks.

Now..if your question is would Carson have made the cut if he had applied, gotten backing from a Senator, got through the interviews, etc...yeah, sure, maybe. But he didn't. He chose Yale over service. Nothing about that is wrong (chosing Ivy league over service during a war).

But that is nothing like what Carson claimed in his book. He claimed he was offered a scholarship to West Point and he turned it down. He wasn't and he didn't.

Did Westmoreland say "Son, this piece of paper right here will give you a full scholarship to West Point, without you even having to apply for anything or perform any steps, based solely on my personal authority"? 

Or did he say "Son, from what I've seen of you, I'd bet that you could get into West Point, if you wanted to."? 

Archived