Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Job Robert, Offense, Defense, And Coaching

HtownRocks111

Minus the safety play on defense, we did really well.  We got punched in the mouth, spit on, and stomped into the mud the first half, the entire half.  The way the Redskins played in the 2ND HALF was even below par that this team is capable of.  Everyone can improve, and I mean everyone.  Collectively we did NOT break.  We can do more together then we can individually.  

I think the Eagles fans should have much higher concerns for Vick's health then we do for RGIII.  He'll be just fine.  He took 4 hits tonight I didn't want to see, but none of them were his fault.  

We fought BACK which is exactly what the MNF broadcast team said we weren't built for.  We showed more strength and resilience then Philly did.  Scoreboard and statistics wouldn't agree, but we did.

Moral victory here for the Redskins, believe it or not. 

The Team did look good in the end and Philly stole one tonight. They have a lot to worry about especially with Vick's health. He did what he always does and he runs only to get hurt. He was hurting in the end and he won't make it the whole season. Chip Kelly's offense will only be as successful as Vick's health will carry them.

that sounds great..but we are not what I thought we even might be at. Robert can't even run that much anymore. It's back to Mikes Jay Culter Offence. It was fun for the first year.  We are not  even doing what all we did last year and with a bum QB...hard to say why we would be. Whats funny is White was doing it all in preseason. I wonder why they kept him..now I know why.

The Team did look good in the end and Philly stole one tonight. They have a lot to worry about especially with Vick's health. He did what he always does and he runs only to get hurt. He was hurting in the end and he won't make it the whole season. Chip Kelly's offense will only be as successful as Vick's health will carry them.

How did they steal one? 

I'm not a negative fan honestly and I'm not that crushed by this loss. But there is no way in hell this is a moral victory. The final score was a lot closer than I was expecting after the first quarter, but the team played quite poorly in a number of departments tonight. Offense was beyond pathetic in the first half and the penalties throughout the game were terrible. We got upset at home against a division rival tonight, there is no way that can be considered a moral victory. 

Gona' put this here as I'm not starting a new thread on it, but as regards coaching .....

Penalties. They continue to haunt this team rolling over from last year. Prep. and discipline in what he Coaches drum into them needs to improve there and fast. 

Hail. 

This team has literally no discipline or football sense. Between the stupid penalties and neglecting to get out of bounds, I would love to hear Shanny's take on this

Too bad that wasn't the deal all night. E

they did not steal the game, they earned it.  But that offense is going nowhere in the NFL.  The Redskins showed in the 2nd half what you have to do to stop it.  Blitz and pressure.  Lots of it. 

Fools gold for Eagles fans tonight. 

I agree, that first have was just about as terrible a half as you could get, rg3 coulda pouted and gave up, forced it, panicked. The defense could have thrown in the towel, but they didn't.

The redskins played hard, but got things going just a bit to slow. Coaches made adjusted, defense played just about as well as could be expected, and offense was finally clicking. One more quarter and we would have beaten them.

Next week is gonna be tough, but it cant be any worse than this week, and we still put up 27 points.

How in God's name was this a moral victory when we were the favorites?

While I knew it would be closer than the buffoonery predicted here, there was no moral victory here. They kicked our ass. 

Our last real chance to do anything came on the failed fourth down conversion. 

Just sit back and relax, you're blowing up every thread talking about the end of the season and RG3 era.  He just made it back from ACL/LCL surgery in record time and they were going up against an offense that has yet to be seen in the NFL.  You could see the potential and what there will be more of to see from this team in the 2nd half.  Eagles got 3 turnovers that allowed them to start right around or in our redzone and still only won by 6.  All things considered, I will greatly take what I saw in the second half.  The Eagles are 1 team, no one has tape on them and no one else will play like they do.  I'll take a 6 point loss considering how the first half went.  You're blind to see negativity in the second half - 20+ unanswered points is enough to build confidence for this team and should be the same for the fanbase.

that sounds great..but we are not what I thought we even might be at. Robert can't even run that much anymore. It's back to Mikes Jay Culter Offence. It was fun for the first year.  We are not  even doing what all we did last year and with a bum QB...hard to say why we would be. Whats funny is White was doing it all in preseason. I wonder why they kept him..now I know why.

OMG you can't be serious?

I watched the entire game, just like everyone else here.  The first half was miserable, just a perfect storm of stink.  I felt like I was reminded of what it was like to be a true Skins fan. :)

But lets not kid ourselves either.  Philly is flat out better than we thought they would be.  It doesn't mean they will be that way the entire season, but they kicked our butts tonight.  I felt like the fact that they tried to sit on the lead had as much to do with our comeback as anything we did.

Robert is rusty.  Anyone thinking he would come out gangbuster style was just making a wish, and that includes me.  I tip my cap for the kid coming back as fast as he did, but it's gonna take a bit a time for him to get it going.  I just hope we can squeak out a couple of Ws while he gets his groove back.  Bring on the Packers.

Just sit back and relax, you're blowing up every thread talking about the end of the season and RG3 era.  He just made it back from ACL/LCL surgery in record time and they were going up against an offense that has yet to be seen in the NFL.  You could see the potential and what there will be more of to see from this team in the 2nd half.  Eagles got 3 turnovers that allowed them to start right around or in our redzone and still only won by 6.  All things considered, I will greatly take what I saw in the second half.  The Eagles are 1 team, no one has tape on them and no one else will play like they do.  I'll take a 6 point loss considering how the first half went.  You're blind to see negativity in the second half - 20+ unanswered points is enough to build confidence for this team and should be the same for the fanbase.

I am? This is news to me.

If saying the dude didn't play well tonight means all that then damn

Our last real chance to do anything came on the failed fourth down conversion. 

Good point. I was thinking with the time left that was our best chance. If we had scored on that one, we would have been celebrating the last one as the game winner. What would have been worse would be if Kai had made his FG (we probably wouldn't have gone for the 2 pointer after we hit 23) and we ended up losing by the safety.

Archived