Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good Job Robert, Offense, Defense, And Coaching

HtownRocks111

For all those stating "if and when Vick goes down," I firmly believe they will re-sign Dennis Dixon to take that place. When I just google searched, I was shocked to see that they had cut him just to keep Foles and Barkley.

We don't win night games at FedEx Field.  We never have, we never will.  And usually, we get blown out (think Philly a couple years ago).  The fact that we didn't get blown out is encouraging.  Just know and accept that that any future night games at FedEx will be losses and things will be easier that way.

Weird... I guess you are not counting 2010 season opener when we beat the Cowboys, at FedEx, at 8:20 PM?

For all those stating "if and when Vick goes down," I firmly believe they will re-sign Dennis Dixon to take that place. When I just google searched, I was shocked to see that they had cut him just to keep Foles and Barkley.

Weird... I guess you are not counting 2010 season opener when we beat the Cowboys, at FedEx, at 8:20 PM?

Weird that you're discounting ALL of the other night losses at FedEx.  Obviously, my post is an exaggeration (that goes unsaid), but the fact remains the overall winning % of night games at FedEx is HORRID; and everyone (or so I thought) knows that.  There will always be an aberration, the rare victory here and there.  But the overall trend is undeniably, losing night games.

Now I'm worried.  /end sarcasm

not meant to worry ya, just stating what I think would happen. Dennis Dixon knows that Oregon system.

Weird that you're discounting ALL of the other night losses at FedEx.  Obviously, my post is an exaggeration (that goes unsaid), but the fact remains the overall winning % of night games at FedEx is HORRID; and everyone (or so I thought) knows that.  There will always be an aberration, the rare victory here and there.  But the overall trend is undeniably, losing night games.

I wouldn't necessarily even classify it as night games... just being on the big national tv stage is hard for them for some reason but I get your point.

We don't win night games at FedEx Field.  We never have, we never will.  And usually, we get blown out (think Philly a couple years ago).  The fact that we didn't get blown out is encouraging.  Just know and accept that that any future night games at FedEx will be losses and things will be easier that way.

And we don't beat a healthy Mike Vick. Stings to say the words but that guy owns the Redskins.

Anyone who thinks we played well yesterday, needs to get off the kool-aid and try and look at the game objectively. We failed on all levels. It doesn't matter if we came back late in the second half. We were humbled by a team we could have beaten. I don't care of comments about knocking off rust. That crap needs to take place during OTAs, Pre-Season, and Practice. Knocking rust off is for the birds when it comes to game-time.

The game only got interesting in the 2nd half after the Eagles O shifted from 5th gear to 2nd to try to burn some clock and their D went prevent.

this is giving most people on here false hopes. everything the offense did in the 2nd half was garbage yards. im not saying we didnt play a little better, but that was mostly the eagles letting up.

if anybody sees it any other way, take off your burgundy glasses.

But lets not kid ourselves either.  Philly is flat out better than we thought they would be.  It doesn't mean they will be that way the entire season, but they kicked our butts tonight. 

This.

I know we'll be better, but I was impressed with Philly. We're not the only team that will get better. If they're able to start picking up the blitz, they'll be really really dangerous. Heck, Vick's rust probably contributed to him missing a couple of wide open guys in the first half as well. It could have been worse!

For Philly, health and defense will be the big obstacle. They're dangerous though. Make no mistake about it.

If we aren't surprised Robert was rusty can anyone explain why the offensive play calling in the first half was completely unprepared for this? The players should shoulder a lot of blame for the first half but the game plan was absolutely horrendous and it was as if they were expecting Griffin to play as if he is not only 100% physically but that he and the offense would be in perfect sync.

this is giving most people on here false hopes. everything the offense did in the 2nd half was garbage yards. im not saying we didnt play a little better, but that was mostly the eagles letting up.

if anybody sees it any other way, take off your burgundy glasses.

They blitzed our A gap to death in the second half so I'm not sure where you got letting up. Their game plan just stunk because they were playing a zone behind those blitzes.

I think the biggest factor was that the coaching staff had no real game tape of the Eagles offense. Sure they looked at college tape but that is not the same as game tape of the team you are about to play. It took the defense time to adjust but they played much better in the 2nd half and the Eagles didn't look as sharp in the 2nd half. I don't know if they can continue that fast pace an entire game much less an entire season.

Yes, but I was referring to the near effortless way they pushed the ball down our throat, running, passing short and then finding deeper plays as well as the physical defense that knocked our rusty offense around in the first half.

I don't understand this.Do you think a Chip Kelly coached team would ever take the foot off the gas? Was this when they were running the exact same plays in the fourth quarter as the first?

Maybe when they were blitzing non stop the second half? It wasn't exactly prevent we were moving the ball against.

Yes...he constantly took his foot of the gas in college. Go check the halftime scores of his games in Oregon.

RG3 pretty much cost us this game with him not being ready with his weak ass throws that Ade Jimoh could have picked off. He gave the Eagles 3 extra possessions in our territory. I really wish Shanny could stop believing RG3s BS and put Kirk in the game until he proves hes 100%.

Weak ass throws? Did you see the touchdown to Hankerson? I admit that he was off a little. He's not going to get better by sitting on the bench.

There's no such thing as moral victory, but you have to consider the circumstances.  Yes, we were the "favorite", but it was only 3.5 points at home. The defense were NOT prepared for an offense they never saw before.  Griffin coming in rusty from never had any preseason snaps -- hate you, Skip Bayless -- and can't get in sync with the receivers.  The entire offense as a whole were rusty, not just Griffin.

Disappointing loss, but how can you truly be upset with the way the team responded in the second half?  I am very excited to see how this season plays out.  I still believe this team will win the division.

RG3 pretty much cost us this game with him not being ready with his weak ass throws that Ade Jimoh could have picked off. He gave the Eagles 3 extra possessions in our territory. I really wish Shanny could stop believing RG3s BS and put Kirk in the game until he proves hes 100%.

I agree that Griffin wasn't ready in the first half, but everything else you said is /face palm

----------------------------------------------------------------

Coaching for one.  

i disagree 100%

shanny has nearly 20 years experience as a head coach. and his staff has head coach experience. 

chip kelly has zero. and little on his staff. 

you cant get worked like they did vs a newbie like kelly. 

ive watched about 5 minutes of oregon football in my entire life, but i know two things- they spread it out and play fast. there is no excuse for the skins to get gashed the way they did for about 3 quarters. 

and that doesnt even begin to get into our lack of gameplan on offense. robert wasnt running, so our O was absolutely dead. great plan, there, kyle.

yes, our coaching sucked last night. 

i disagree 100%

shanny has nearly 20 years experience as a head coach. and his staff has head coach experience. 

chip kelly has zero. and little on his staff. 

you cant get worked like they did vs a newbie like kelly. 

ive watched about 5 minutes of oregon football in my entire life, but i know two things- they spread it out and play fast. there is no excuse for the skins to get gashed the way they did for about 3 quarters. 

and that doesnt even begin to get into our lack of gameplan on offense. robert wasnt running, so our O was absolutely dead. great plan, there, kyle.

yes, our coaching sucked last night. 

Mr. Snyder....is that you?

RG III will be just fine. People on this forum were ridiculous, saying bench him for Cousins AFTER A HALF. He got no reps in the preseason. If he was hurt, yeah, put Cousins in but he's not. He's rusty and needs reps. People need to relax

This.  You dont bench your star QB, no matter how bad he plays.  People must think we have Jason Campbell or Patrick Ramsey back there at Quarterback.  Grow up, people.  The way RG3 played in the second half was great.  He damn near threw for 300 yards in the second half alone.

People who call for RG3 to be benched dont know a damn thing about football.  These are probably the same fans screaming at the top of their lungs out when the offense is on the field.

RG3 is OUR quaterback.  Please treat him that way and stop pushing to get him beched because he overthrows a wide reciever or has a bad half.  Learn some football.

This team played some terrible football, they turned the ball over on the first 2 drives, gave Philly a safety the next, were penalized the entire night, and nothing went right for this football team. They put themselves in a huge hole and got behind 33-7, but in a matter of a quarter and a half, this same football team was only 6 points down and attempting an onside kick for a chance to win this game.

This is a dangerous football team! If they can do this playing their worst football, and they played some of their worst football last night, how good can this team be when playing some of their best football? I agree with Painkiller, by the end of this month this team will be right back on track and they will be embarrassing other teams and fan bases., and Philly will be one of them victims!

I'm with Painkiller & Mustang Steve.  A confluence of things going wrong contributed to this loss.  

But make no mistake: A Home loss to a Division Opponent that you are favored to beat is a bad loss.  Period.

That obvious fact notwithstanding, I'm not too worried.  I hate watching The Skins lose ballgames, but seriously, that 1st half is about as bad as I expect our Offense to look ALL YEAR.  Sure, there may be other bad weeks Offensively, but they were out of sync, couldn't block anyone, turned the ball over, and RGIII looked like he hadn't thrown a football in five years.  The O played so bad, they repeatedly put The Defense in a bind the entire 1st half.  Does anyone really expect that to be a theme throughout the season?  Hell no!

------

But  I did see some good things too.  All things considered, our Defense played okay.  In fact, they kept us around.  Washington isn't an Onsides Kick from the Go-Ahead Touchdown if the Defense didn't get some stops.  

More importantly, the team competed.  Philly did not blow us out.  A blowout is when the game's decided with 10+ minutes of game time left on the clock.  It can be argued that it was too big a deficit to come back from, but I like seeing The Skins contest the game until the final minute.

------

Losing is NEVER good.  That being said, this loss could be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe that slap in the face serves as a great motivator...who knows?  I do know that this game (painful as it is) doesn't alter any of the team's goals.  I believe we'll be ok.

Yes...he constantly took his foot of the gas in college. Go check the halftime scores of his games in Oregon.

Not exactly what I meant. No he didn't drop 100 on directional Montana community college like he could have but he was calling off the dogs with a 19 or 25 point lead against a division rival with an explosive offense either

Not exactly what I meant. No he didn't drop 100 on directional Montana community college like he could have but he was calling off the dogs with a 19 or 25 point lead against a division rival with an explosive offense either

I think Chip would be the first guy to admit he slowed things down too soon. He was asked about it after that game actually...and agreed

Weak ass throws? Did you see the touchdown to Hankerson? I admit that he was off a little. He's not going to get better by sitting on the bench.

Although we all saw that RG3 wasn't ready, and yes it pissed me off too and thought he came back too early, you are right about him not getting better on the bench. It looks like he shook that rust off late in the 3rd quarter and sooner or later he had to get onto the field to do that, better now than later. Both Brady and Manning went through this very ordeal and Griffin actually did better than both coming back from the injury. Manning went on to win the division after the opening game loss and Griffin could do the very same. I know this Redskins team is way better than that rusty team we saw Monday Night.

Archived