Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris Simply Has To Do Better While Rgiii "shakes Off The Rust"

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

The NFL is filled with one year wonders.

This is a what have you done for me lately business.

It is a what have you done for me lately business, because it's a business and there is money on the line. 

Fans don't have to act that way, they don't have anything invested.  And to insuate that Al Mo might be a one year wonder after one game is truly pathetic. 

Fumbling on the first offensive play is inexcusable especially with the momentum they had coming off the Hall TD.  That shifted all of the momentum Phllly's way and the fumble safety is just WRONG.  These are plays that a 1,600 yard back just cannot make.  He cost the Skins 9 points in a game they lost by 7.   :angry:

Fumbling on the first offensive play is inexcusable especially with the momentum they had coming off the Hall TD.  That shifted all of the momentum Phllly's way and the fumble safety is just WRONG.  These are plays that a 1,600 yard back just cannot make.  He cost the Skins 9 points in a game they lost by 7.   :angry:

They lost by 6. ;)

The last, absolute utterly LAST, thing I'm gonna worry about is the running 'cuz if there's anything Shanny knows it is running the ****in' ball!

There is more than enough blame to go around, there were very few bright spots in that first half and the whole teams was on its heels wondering wtf was going on, Robert will be fine, Alfred will too, check that fine print on the back of the fan card, "You will receive official notice when it is time to panic"

1)  I don;t criticize Morris for either fumble. 

One was simply the kind of thing that happens.  The other?  I don;t know if it was Morris, RG3, the play calling, whatever.  Again, I'll call it bad luck. 

2)  And I don't blame him for his lack of production, on subsequent carries. 

We all knew we were gonna try to pound the rock.  Philly knew it, too.  Every time Morris got the ball, the entire Philly team converged on him.  He'd get one or two yards (and sometimes lose one or two) because that was all that could be got. 

Philly played to stop the run.  All game.  And they largely succeeded. 

Anybody can stop our run game, if they commit to doing that, exclusively.  Philly DID stop our running game, last year.  I'm not certain, but I suspect that the two games against Philly, last year were both among Morris' worst five games. 

Now, if RG3 could have made Philly pay for committing to stopping the run, things might have turned out very differently. 

But Philly quite obviously decided that they'd stop the healthy Morris, and they're gonna keep doing it until RG3 makes them stop.  And they did, and he didn't. 

(And, guess what?  GB is gonna do the same thing.  They watched that game, and they're gonna see that it worked.) 

Until RG3 improves (and I'm not sure he has to improve much.  There were a lot of throws last night that were only off by inches.), we're a one dimensional threat.  And pretty much any NFL defense can stop a one dimensional threat. 

Morris didn't look so hot tonight... Fumbles aside he looked slower, more indecisive and weaker.. Wonder what his deal is. Hopefully he tightens it up quick, fast and in a hurry.

I thought he was tapdancing at the line as well.  The homerun swing after the TD was a WTF moment given the score. 

I thought they should have given Helu more touches given the score, he looked more decisive and obviously faster.

Has to have holes to run through in order to be better. Let's face it: Morris is not a 1600 yard back without the threat of Griffin running.

If Morris is gonna play like a 6th round RB without Griffin running, all the "we've found ourselves a RB" talk may have been premature.  Cuz I think regardless, even if Griffin picks up the running pace, he's going to evolve to run less, not more, so then what are we gonna get outta Morris?

I cringed when I saw the development of a sweep pitch play in the endzone... bad play call... too high risk...

Me too, a pitch play in the endzone seemed like a highly dubious playcall.

He was not falling forward like he did last year on almost every carry.

Did not finish his runs. OLine was terrible too though.

But without the read option, this offense looks weaker.

I think we figured as much from last season.  However, as teams develop counters and work to take that away, they've got to become a more well rounded offense (or just get better players).  You saw SF was highly successful when they didn't have the read option threat.  We're the exact opposite.  Their OL is beastly though, we don't have that luxury.  They've probably got 3 OL as good as our best one.  

The home run swing was the main thing that upset me about AlMo. There is a time and place for that - you really don't have to do it every time you score.

The Rook

I didn't like that either, particularly when they were still down 19 going at the time and considering his fumbling problems early in the game contributed to that deficit.  

If Morris is gonna play like a 6th round RB without Griffin running, all the "we've found ourselves a RB" talk may have been premature.

exactly. good players are good no matter who is around them. teams prepare for adrian petersen and they cannot stop him.

so basically, if you take out rg3, morris goes down too. teams dont need to stop morris, they just need to stop rg3.

Has to have holes to run through in order to be better. Let's face it: Morris is not a 1600 yard back without the threat of Griffin running.

He was a few yards past the line of scrimmage when the ball was stripped from his hands... putting our already tired defense back on the field which probably affected them the rest of the game with Philly running 31 plays in the 1st quarter... The bad play call of a pitch sweep in the endzone was made worse with another fumble by Morris... RG3 100% or not, two costly fumbles... something he was known for in college.

Archived