Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alfred Morris Simply Has To Do Better While Rgiii "shakes Off The Rust"

BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Forgetting Griff for a second, it was on Al Morris to step up and take control of the offense while RGIII shook off the rust. 

2 fumbles (one lost and the other resulting in a safety) is simply terrible. He dropped passes out of the backfield and missed cutback opportunities. If he plays halfway decent in the first quarter, this game may be very different.

If we are going to go into the bye with any chance of competing, he has to get his **** together

Forgetting Griff for a second, it was on Al Morris to step up and take control of the offense while RGIII shook off the rust. 

2 fumbles (one lost and the other resulting in a safety) is simply terrible. He dropped passes out of the backfield and missed cutback opportunities. If he plays halfway decent in the first quarter, this game may be very different.

If we are going to go into the bye with any chance of competing, he has to get his **** together

I understand why RG3 didn't play in the preseason.  He simply couldn't.  On the other hand, Alfred should have gotten more work.

The Butler came up small tonight and the run blocking was also pitiful. However, the 2 fumbles for Alfred were inexcusable. To fumble on the first offensive play of the game......... crushing. Then a safety on a pitch when the ball hits you right in the hands....... good lord

(although, I have to give Kyle Shanahan some blame for CALLING A PITCH PLAY IN YOUR OWN END ZONE)

The first fumble was on Morris and the second was on Griffin. The first one was a great play by Cole by hitting the ball in the right spot. Lucky is more like it. The RGIII makes a bad toss in the end zone. That is also a bad play call by Shanahan when you are backed up near your end zone. RGIII also threw some bad balls which could be due to rust but it was also bad play calling by Shanahan. Overall it was a bad first half and the next time we play them it will be a different story.

The only silver lining is that my opponent in fantasy had Morris and I had RG3 for that one beastly quarter.

The O line sucked tonight. Doesn't excuse the missed lanes and general incompetence, but he wasn't about to take over this game with no passing threat to play off of at all.

I was surprised by alot other than Butler's performance tonight especially in the first half.  I did think he would get the load tonight especially with RG3's status and reps.  Unfortunately, it wasnt just him.  

Didnt Morris say something awhile back about his running style last year and how he or the coaches wanted to see him "like protect him self more?"  It looked like he didnt have that same "extra effort" if that makes any sense (not speed).  I think we see him bounce back

The safety was a piss poor pitch from 10. Can't blame The Butler for that. 

Although what the Hell your running that play in your own EZ to start with is anyones guess. 

Hail. 

Yeah--gotta blame the playcalling there.  A pitch in the end zone is a terrible, terrible idea. 

Archived