Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Harvin’s hip injury could require surgery

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/25/harvins-hip-injury-could-require-surgery/

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the injury could result in surgery.  As NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport has reported (and as PFT has confirmed), Harvin has a “slight tear” in the labrum. We’re told that the injury was spotted in an MRI performed on Thursday.

The team wants Harvin to try to practice and play with the injury (along with non-surgical treatment, of course).  Harvin intends to exercise his right to a second opinion, and arrangements currently are being made for Harvin to be evaluated by a top expert in the field. (Why do we have a feeling that the names “James” and “Andrews” eventually will emerge in connection with this story?)

Depending on the second opinion, Harvin may ultimately have surgery.

It’s not bad news yet for the Seahawks.  But it eventually could be.

Oh I MUST go peak at the Seahawk boards now.

That'll be a nasty hit. I thought he'd be a real weapon for them this year and the thing to possibly help propell them over the Niners. But the issue has always been consistency on getting on the field for Harvin, and this doesn't seem to be helping that.

I mentioned this on the walterfootball thread, but will put it here as well...

walterfootball.com said Pierre Garcon--while good--was too injury-prone to be considered anything but a stretch to see the field from one week to another:

"Griffin and Pierre Garcon worked well when they were on the field together, but that could be rare going forward, seeing as how they are both highly injury-prone. Garcon is still bothered by the torn ligament in his foot, so he's obviously not a good bet to last all 16 games."

Then they said this about Harvin:

"Harvin is considered fragile by some, but he's had just one non-migraine injury in his career, which occurred last season when he missed seven games because of an ankle problem. However, considering that he hasn't suffered a headache in two years, it's safe to say that his durability concerns are way overblown."

No criticism from the media about what they gave up to get him?

Of course not, They'll probably be praised for how generous they were to give $67 mil to an injured player.

Hank still looks like he's lumbering around since his labrum tear, wonder how this will affect Harvin in the long term.

"If we lose Harvin are we still the favorite to win the NFC?"

This was the first thread title I saw on the Seahawks forum. I have some animosity towards their fans because of the nasty comments they made about the RG3 injury. They seem SO full of themselves. They get one 11-5 season and all of a sudden they are talking like they are 70s Steelers reincarnated. They have a good defense but I see them falling back down to earth this season. Harvin and Rice are injury prone and they don't have too much behind them.

Eh? Am I missing something here? No posts from tr1 are appearing for me here............

Apparently he left just as quickly and surprisingly as he arrived.

I thought he was perma-banned prior. Maybe it didn't transfer with the site change and he took advantage?

Injury sucks for Harvin, but screw Seattle.

Eh? Am I missing something here? No posts from tr1 are appearing for me here............

Apparently he left just as quickly and surprisingly as he arrived.

I thought he was perma-banned prior. Maybe it didn't transfer with the site change and he took advantage?

I don't think he was permabanned (at least in the beginning). He was banned from the ATN, but decided to leave the site entirely.

Just goes to show media bias. How does Seattle get labeled as an offense powerhouse w/ injury proned players? Yet and still they're quick to call us anything but capable. What a joke for sports reporting. I wonder if the author wrote this piece in his favorite team's locker room.

Harvin is the biggest chunk of fools' gold this league has ever seen. Amazing when he's on the field, but when is he on the field?

That is a pretty strong statement considering all of the hyped players that have come into the league and turned out to be busts. Harvin clearly needs to prove that he can stay on the field but he's an All Pro when he is out there. This isn't Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf that we are talking about. Harvin can actually play.

That is a pretty strong statement considering all of the hyped players that have come into the league and turned out to be busts. Harvin clearly needs to prove that he can stay on the field but he's an All Pro when he is out there. This isn't Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf that we are talking about. Harvin can actually play.

I wouldn't go that far. He had one all-pro season (his rookie year) then he has constantly regressed, in both receiving and rushing, posting career low averages last year, and also playing in only 9 games.

His average has increased on kick return, but for as dynamic as he's hyped to be, he averaged less than 11 yards per catch and under 4.5 yards per rush last season. For comparison, Hankerson averaged 14.3 yards per catch. He had 24 fewer catches and only 134 fewer yards.

Archived