Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3-Do NOT Give Up Your Day Job...

Dan T.

I think it's a hoot!   And the OP had it right in the title.  Don't give up you day job, Robert. 

(But don't give up having fun, either.)  

The most pleasant thing to take away from this video is something that another poster noted.  He has a wife who gets him.  That is so great to see and it makes me root for him (and his family) even more.

Y'all do know where the whole pop rocks and tootsie pops reference comes from right?

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2013/02/jodi_arias_live_blog.php

Uhhh.... Wonder if Robert knows this. Hate for his underage fans to link the two. Much different song indeed.

Nope.  Had no idea, but then again, I thought the video was s-o-o-o bad, (embarrassing) that I couldn't watch the whole thing.  Like watching an "I Love Lucy" skit.  Bet that dates me.

I hear that some nursery rhymes have gruesome backgrounds as well.

I don't know if it's just me but he is starting to worry me. I wish he would just tone it down a bit. I understand the young man is enjoying his stardom but he seems to love the attention and being a celebrity. I would love to see him just focus on football for a while and take a more mature approach to his career....That's just my opinion. With that said HAIL and and I hope to see him dominate this year.

Is this a serious response? I mean you're joking right?
Did you not read "Just my opinion" you don't have to agree, that's whats great about this country
I'm not going to lie, I thought your post was satire. I'm sort of shocked someone feels that way about a silly YouTube video where some kids are just having fun.

I don't know if it's just me but he is starting to worry me. I wish he would just tone it down a bit. I understand the young man is enjoying his stardom but he seems to love the attention and being a celebrity. I would love to see him just focus on football for a while and take a more mature approach to his career....That's just my opinion. With that said HAIL and and I hope to see him dominate this year.

<_<

It's not just you.  There are plenty of other crazies out there that think the same way!

"Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops".  A fun, lighthearted video.  Meanwhile, a Patriots tight end is sitting in jail for MURDERING someone.  Robert is just fine.

The video is fine, I have no problem with the video. 

So what's the problem then? A guy likes to have fun with his wife and her friend.  It's not like he skipped practice to make this video...

Immediately after practice, he must go directly home, climb into his hyperbaric chamber, and seal it behind him.  He should remain there except for highly nutritious meals and bathroom breaks.  Pumped into the sealed hyperbaric chamber are concentrated levels of oxygen and audio recordings of Coach Shanahan discussing the playbook.  The next morning the chamber is unsealed and he exits it to return to practice. 

Otherwise, he loses his football focus.

BUHAHAAHHA!!!

Immediately after practice, he must go directly home, climb into his hyperbaric chamber, and seal it behind him.  He should remain there except for highly nutritious meals and bathroom breaks.  Pumped into the sealed hyperbaric chamber are concentrated levels of oxygen and audio recordings of Coach Shanahan discussing the playbook.  The next morning the chamber is unsealed and he exits it to return to practice. 

Otherwise, he loses his football focus.

I'm not sure he should be trusted to make the drive home/to practice himself. Perhaps he should be bubble wrapped and transported by a small army of armed FedEx delivery guys?

What? On his Wedding week, he should be thinking about football?

The video isn't a big deal but RG3 is playing with fire. The more you put out there, personally not professionally, the more likely someone will find something wrong with it. If its just a bunch of grumbling fans, no big deal. Accidentally get nailed with some racist, sexist, homophobic, or similar issue and the media can lose their minds over it.

I'm a Washington sports fan. Forgive me for being cautious.

loved the video, its light hearted and very fun. love rg3's personality as well. but a part of me agrees w/destino.

long as he keeps winning, its all good. what rg3 potentially could lose is leverage and goodwill if he struggles in the future.

I don't think this has anything got to do with his stardom getting to him...

From what I heard, RG3 was always little "weird" during his time in Baylor...  Not "weird" as in Aaron Hernandez "weird" but more like watching High School Musical instead of going out to party kind of "weird"...

From what I have seen thus far, I would be more worried if RG3 stops this type of goofy behavior altogether because that means you know the stardom is starting to change the man... let RG3 be comfortable in his skin even if it means he is posting some wacky rapping videos on facebook.

For some of you think about this aspect.  The NFL is a grind.  It's very stressful. You're under a lot of pressure and the microscope is definitely on you.  How do you decompress?  How do you release that steam?  Some might drink, others do drugs or party at strip clubs, still some might paint or sculpt... it's actually really healthy for RGIII to have an outlet.  Even moreso, when he's got the weight of being an NFL quarterback, plus the stress of rehab.  Having a little normal in his life, a little silly in his wife with family and friends is fine.

Now, I'll watch the video.

After watching the video, the title of the thread is appropriate.  LOL.  Still, just silly and I'll stil go with the above.  Rather him do this than blow off steam in some other ways.

I see this as more a comment on fans than on Robert's singing talent. I get it, some of us are still skeptical, still waiting for the other shoe to drop, so fragile, so tender from being burned so often that we just cannot allow ourselves to accept that he is just a good kid, raised in a solid, loving family, and has his head screwed on straight. I have been impressed repeatedly by the way that he is who he is, doesn't "spin" answers or try to be someone different when the cameras roll.

And for the record I am one of those "old guys" too, creakily wending my way into my "get off my lawn!" years, and can't find anything in this to criticize him for. If Rebecca gets his goofy side, enjoys it and plays along then God lov'em, they should have a happy life together.

The man just won the division and swept Dallas his first year in the league. As long as he produces, I'm okay with him acting like he's my little sister's age (23).

He is your little sister's age.

No ****, that was the point. He's acting his age, which is still really young...

Archived