Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3-Do NOT Give Up Your Day Job...

Dan T.

...if this is your first foray into a rap career. "Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops" features Robert Griffin III in bizarre Halloween mask and Brooks Brothers tie, with backup provided by his then fiancee and future sister-in-law. All in good fun:

Shutdown corner blogs about it good naturedly:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/watch-robert-griffin-iii-rap-pop-rocks-tootsie-145437865.html

I don't know if it's just me but he is starting to worry me. I wish he would just tone it down a bit. I understand the young man is enjoying his stardom but he seems to love the attention and being a celebrity. I would love to see him just focus on football for a while and take a more mature approach to his career....That's just my opinion. With that said HAIL and and I hope to see him dominate this year.

I don't know if it's just me but he is starting to worry me. I wish he would just tone it down a bit. I understand the young man is enjoying his stardom but he seems to love the attention and being a celebrity. I would love to see him just focus on football for a while and take a more mature approach to his career....That's just my opinion. With that said HAIL and and I hope to see him dominate this year.

Is this a serious response?  I mean you're joking right?

It's just you.

Is this a serious response?  I mean you're joking right?

Did you not read "Just my opinion" you don't have to agree, that's whats great about this country

<_<

It's not just you.  There are plenty of other crazies out there that think the same way!

"Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops".  A fun, lighthearted video.  Meanwhile, a Patriots tight end is sitting in jail for MURDERING someone.  Robert is just fine.

<_<

It's not just you.  There are plenty of other crazies out there that think the same way!

"Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops".  A fun, lighthearted video.  Meanwhile, a Patriots tight end is sitting in jail for MURDERING someone.  Robert is just fine.

The video is fine, I have no problem with the video. 

<_<

So what's the problem then? A guy likes to have fun with his wife and her friend.  It's not like he skipped practice to make this video...

He made the video back in March, supposedly, so to think it's affecting his football time is a bit outrageous, lol. 

I'm not a facebook or twitter guy, though, at all. So I understand those who roll their eyes at this stuff. I know I totally do. Still, he's young and having fun with his wife. If he wants to show it to everyone that's his choice. I just hope he understands one day that when you have a ton of eyes on you some of them can be quite evil. :)

Does anyone here concentrate on their job 24 hours a day, 365 days a year?

No?

You mean sometimes normal people like to crack open a beer, cut loose, even do something that's downright silly for no apparent reason?

Gosh, the nerve of players to have a life outside of football.

<_<

So what's the problem then? A guy likes to have fun with his wife and her friend.  It's not like he skipped practice to make this video...

Immediately after practice, he must go directly home, climb into his hyperbaric chamber, and seal it behind him.  He should remain there except for highly nutritious meals and bathroom breaks.  Pumped into the sealed hyperbaric chamber are concentrated levels of oxygen and audio recordings of Coach Shanahan discussing the playbook.  The next morning the chamber is unsealed and he exits it to return to practice. 

Otherwise, he loses his football focus.

<_<

So what's the problem then? A guy likes to have fun with his wife and her friend.  It's not like he skipped practice to make this video..

I am an older guy so I look at things different. I understand the "social" generation and tweeting every thought and facebooking every move because I have a 16 yr old son. I can't compare him to other athletes but for the sake of comparison I don't see the greats seeking attention because attention seeks the greats..Just the way it is. He is no means the clown that Ocho was or the Diva that popcorn was but he does have some of that "look at me" in him. I want to see him accomplish more on the field, take the business approach. As I said it'd just MY opinion. 

Peyton Manning has done 500 commercials and Saturday Night Live.  Brady hasn't exactly stayed out of the spotlight either.  

Not without playing a full season in the NFL.....Please read and then reply. I said after he "Accomplishes more"

Just my opinion, nothing like differences of opinion and intelligent debates GBA

I feel bad for him. He is by all accounts the athlete that everyone says they want. Honest, humble, fun, funny, charismatic, squeaky clean, entertaining as hell and dominate on the field. 

He should be celebrated but even in a moment of pure youthful goofiness with his wife and family, he is criticized. 

Apparently, he cannot win no matter what he does. 

i love the video.  I'd rather have a "corny, nerdy" QB than some d-bag that's out in the streets getting in trouble.

I love robert so much for being who he is:  a corny, goof, funy guy.  :)

Peyton Manning has done 500 commercials and Saturday Night Live.  Brady hasn't exactly stayed out of the spotlight either.  

Not without playing a full season in the NFL.....Please read and then reply. I said after he "Accomplishes more"

Just my opinion, nothing like differences of opinion and intelligent debates GBA

I read what you wrote.  I disagree.  Your requirements for when he can have a life (or really just have some personality) are arbitrary.

Archived