Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I suddenly miss Skip Bayless. At least he is a predictable crazy

I remember when he called Cousins the 4th best qb in the NFC East :rofl89:

I remember that too. Lol

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They're not his father.  His father is supposed to have his best interests at heart.  And a relationship with Nike is a business relationship that Lonzo can enter into and exit willingly.

So its okay for Nike to do it, and not family to control and run things. It don't make sense.

I think Lavar being a bombastic clown has colored people but what he is suggesting is changing the paradigm of these relationships.

I am okay with it although he is the wrong person to push it.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

So its okay for Nike to do it, and not family to control and run things. It don't make sense.

I think Lavar being a bombastic clown has colored people but what he is suggesting is changing the paradigm of these relationships.

That's why my questions was "who owns the company?"  If Lavar gives equal ownership shares to the boys as they turn pro and they choose to be part of it, there's no moral issue here.  It's their choice to pursue a family business and literally create their own brand.  If however Lavar owns the company and he's enriching himself and using his influence to have his kids act against their own best interests... that's ugly.  

Point is there are details we don't have that change everything.  Either way however, it's gambling a lot of Lonzo's money. 

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

His family brand will never have the marketing power that Nike does.  If they want to control Lonzo's brand, they can.  But doing so will cost the kid tens of millions of dollars.  And it will adversely effect the on court opportunities that Lonzo gets in his NBA career.  I don't think people realize just how much the shoe companies control and influence the perception of players around the league, and that perception has a massive influence on awards and All Star game and Team USA roster spots.

Also LaVar is acting as Lonzo's agent.  As such, he is ethically obligated to work in the best interest of his client and seek the best deals for him.  There is an inherent conflict of interest in the situation, because what's best for LaVar's BBB is not what's best for Lonzo.

Lonzo desperately needs to get a real agent to manage him.

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

LOL

They just need time to regroup. They weren't expecting the Celtics to make it past the Bulls at first and, therefore, have the honor of being blown off the court by the Wizards.

Now that the Wizards are expecting and preparing...now they can proceed to blow them off the court for the rest of the series. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Dude, enough.  His father is a stupid ****ing idiot and a joke of a parent.  He cares about himself first and not about what is best for his children.  Why do you insist on defending this ass clown?  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

I said in the Wizards thread that I wouldn't talk about the Off-season until their season is over...

That being said, Griffin, Milsap, and possibly Paul George could be available this season. I can't really convince myself that I'd take Otto Porter over all three of them.

Of course not. Otto is good, will likely be better next year. But these guys are established stars and would instantly give us a dominant big 3.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Dude, enough.  His father is a stupid ****ing idiot and a joke of a parent.  He cares about himself first and not about what is best for his children.  Why do you insist on defending this ass clown?  

Lol

How is he a joke of a parent? What is the basis? His kids aren't hooligans. Lonzo actually comes across level headed.

Its crap like "he is a bad parent," that bothers me the most because his kids aren't bad and it feels racist. (Not saying you are but these racists in the sports media spouting this bull is what bothers me)

And I am not defending Lavar Ball, but instead criticizing why people think players should just do what shoe companies want and allow them to make the most money off a player instead of the player and their family  fairer share.

shoot, my post said Lavar Ball isn't the one to lead this change so where did I defend him?

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

Chris Paul is also available right?  That's enough star power potentially on the move to change the landscape next season.  

He fought for the rule change now named after him so he could get a huge contract from the clips right? I dont think he's going anywhere 

i could be wrong on the stipulations of it tho 

40 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Lol

How is he a joke of a parent? What is the basis? His kids aren't hooligans. Lonzo actually comes across level headed.

Its crap like "he is a bad parent," that bothers me the most because his kids aren't bad and it feels racist. (Not saying you are but these racists in the sports media spouting this bull is what bothers me)

And I am not defending Lavar Ball, but instead criticizing why people think players should just do what shoe companies want and allow them to make the most money off a player instead of the player and their family  fairer share.

shoot, my post said Lavar Ball isn't the one to lead this change so where did I defend him?

I never said his kids are bad and you made it about race.  But that doesn't surprise me JoeWolf, cause that's what you do on every topic you debate.  He's acting like a bad parent because his actions and words are embarrassing his kids.  He's making everything about him and taking away from his kids spot light.  

And if you read the article about how he was acting towards his youngest son's high school ball team, trying to coach from the stands and basically putting up a barrier between his family and the rest of the team/coach, that should give you a clue on how much of a jackass and ass clown this guy is.  

You bring up the shoe companies..........they are paying these athletes millions of dollars to wear their shoe, it's called a contract.  They don't have to sign it.  Your trying to make it out like they have control over every athlete, when the facts are if they sign a contract, they are obligated to do X, Y and Z.  They don't want to do that, don't sign the ****ing contract.   Quit acting like they are victims.  They aren't.  

In your post, you are making it out like he is just a different person and not a bad guy........no, the guy is an egotistical **** head and I would be embarrassed if he were my father.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I never said his kids are bad and you made it about race

you called him a bad parent. You have no evidence of this.

You don't have to say "black" or "white" for it to be about race. Its why I mentioned the sports media, and tried to exclude you.

and yes, I think it feels racist to call a black dad a bad parent based on zero evidence of his actual parenting ability. 

You know who I think is a bad parent? The person who is not involved in their children's lives. Or the parent who the kids want nothing to do with this. I don't see that from any of these kids. If anything, his parenting has probably helped his lesser talented younger sons get scholarships to UCLA. And even if they were not good athletically, the fact that he has his kids living in a comfortable middle class environment shows me he is a much better parent than you want to give credit.

And if you read the article about how he was acting towards his youngest son's high school ball team, trying to coach from the stands and basically putting up a barrier between his family and the rest of the team/coach, that should give you a clue on how much of a jackass and ass clown this guy is.

and if you read my posts, you will see I said all of this. I did not say a good thing about the man. You got in a huff and puff without actually reading what I said.

You bring up the shoe companies..........they are paying these athletes millions of dollars to wear their shoe, it's called a contract.  They don't have to sign it.  Your trying to make it out like they have control over every athlete, when the facts are if they sign a contract, they are obligated to do X, Y and Z.  They don't want to do that, don't sign the ****ing contract.   Quit acting like they are victims.  They aren't.  

good grief, you didn't bother reading my post. You saw the name "lavar ball" and reacted to that. I literally said everything you typed, for goodness sake. Go back adn read what I said and try and have a dialogue around that instead of your visceral reaction to "Lavar Ball" which is all you saw.

In your post, you are making it out like he is just a different person and not a bad guy.

find where I did any of this.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

1.  you called him a bad parent. You have no evidence of this.

2.  You don't have to say "black" or "white" for it to be about race. Its why I mentioned the sports media, and tried to exclude you.  and yes, I think it feels racist to call a black dad a bad parent based on zero evidence of his actual parenting ability. 

3.  You know who I think is a bad parent? The person who is not involved in their children's lives. Or the parent who the kids want nothing to do with this. I don't see that from any of these kids. If anything, his parenting has probably helped his lesser talented younger sons get scholarships to UCLA. And even if they were not good athletically, the fact that he has his kids living in a comfortable middle class environment shows me he is a much better parent than you want to give credit.

and if you read my posts, you will see I said all of this.

4.  I did not say a good thing about the man. You got in a huff and puff without actually reading what I said.

5.  good grief, you didn't bother reading my post. You saw the name "lavar ball" and reacted to that. I literally said everything you typed, for goodness sake. Go back adn read what I said and try and have a dialogue around that instead of your visceral reaction to "Lavar Ball" which is all you saw.

6. find where I did any of this.

1.  As a parent, and based on how he has spoken to the media and the article about how he was acting towards his youngest son's high school team and their coach....that's all the evidence I need.  You don't do that to your children.  You don't do things to embarrass them and you don't make a jackass out of yourself to the entire nation.  

2.  My bad on this, I did skip over what you had in parentheses, where you clearly stated "Not saying you..."  For that, my apologies.  That's on me.

3.  I agree.  But as a parent, you overall behavior in front of your children means everything.  Acting like an idiot when given a national platform is not good parenting.  I'm not saying he doesn't love his kids.  I'm sure he does.  But he is the only one running his mouth like a moron and just making ridiculous comments and potentially hurting his son's future endorsements, draft status, etc.  To me, that's not being a good parent and looking out for your child's well being.  I don't know if you have kids or not, but I'd say probably close to 100% of parents would agree that this guy is not acting like a good parent at this point in his child's life.

4.   I do get huffy and puffy and am 100% guilty of jumping the gun on some things.  

5.  No comment here.

6.  In your original question, you referred to him as "polarizing" a couple of times and from my interpretation, like he wasn't such a bad guy and the media was exploiting this........no, I disagree.  When you get up there and blab stupid **** to the national media, it's on you.  Of course they are going to keep giving him a platform, it's their job.  

But, I don't really want to continue arguing anymore.  I got a wife to do that with..........

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

6.  In your original question, you referred to him as "polarizing" a couple of times and from my interpretation, like he wasn't such a bad guy and the media was exploiting this........no, I disagree.  When you get up there and blab stupid **** to the national media, it's on you.  Of course they are going to keep giving him a platform, it's their job.  

none of that said the fella is a good or bad person. My point wasnt even about Lavar Ball but about the paradigm between athletes and shoe companies and what he potentially sees as a chance to make more money for his son versus what we traditionally see in these relationships.

• Like 1

1. LaMelo's high school coach is ass. I watched one of their games, and they are horrible. They aren't preparing the kids for college at all. Its a bunch of iso taking horrible shots with no ball movement. They are only getting by because LaMelo is better than everyone else. 

Geez, Benning, I asked you not to turn everything racist. Seriously, I think you are an intelligent person generally. Stop wasting your time defending idiots because of their skin tone. 

You are trying to play a game here that is really pointless. Talking in circles and using the tools of evasion. It's obnoxious when anyone does it, but especially when it comes to pulling the race card. That crap just irritates the hell out of me when that is not the case. 

This guy is a pitiful parent because THEY have a BRAND. Let one of the ACTUAL brands establish one through a short contract...make contacts...then you can have your OWN brand. 

It's irresponsible as a parent to try to cash in off your kids. Period. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

9 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

1. LaMelo's high school coach is ass. I watched one of their games, and they are horrible. They aren't preparing the kids for college at all. Its a bunch of iso taking horrible shots with no ball movement. They are only getting by because LaMelo is better than everyone else. 

That's because Lavar wants them to play that way. It's a mess.

10 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

none of that said the fella is a good or bad person. My point wasnt even about Lavar Ball but about the paradigm between athletes and shoe companies and what he potentially sees as a chance to make more money for his son versus what we traditionally see in these relationships.

I just don't see the shoe company/athlete endorser relationship as being exploitative like you do.  For the most part the shoe companies do a great job marketing their athletes and they give them a ton of exposure and compensation.  There is enough competition in the industry that athletes can walk if they want a better deal, like Steph Curry did.

I have an issue with the idea that LaVar thinks he can make more money for Lonzo through his brand than he could through a deal with Nike/Adidas/UA.  That is such quixotic foolishness, I honestly think the guy is delusional.

Also, I still think it's gross that LaVar has explicitly turned his sons into brand assets to try and make money off of.  That is not something that a normal, healthy person does to their children.  I think it's gross that he is so shamelessly trying to ride his son's basketball career to personal fame.  And if he ends up making a Kardashian style show, that'll be gross too.

• Like 1