Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lonzo Ball getting shut down by all these shoe companies is just the beginning. This guy's father is gonna cause him a ton of grief. Luckily the NBA has gotten progressively friendly over the years, so he shouldn't suffer emotionally like he would 20 years ago and daddy was holding his hand. Facing someone like Gary Payton, it would be ugly.

Just wait until he struggles.  I look forward to watching him try to stay in front of NBA star point guards.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lonzo Ball getting shut down by all these shoe companies is just the beginning. This guy's father is gonna cause him a ton of grief. Luckily the NBA has gotten progressively friendly over the years, so he shouldn't suffer emotionally like he would 20 years ago and daddy was holding his hand. Facing someone like Gary Payton, it would be ugly.

Saw this coming a mile away.  He's such an asshole.  Screwing his son over to selfishly promote his stupid, quixotic brand.  If I were Lonzo, I'd cut his ass off and let these shoe companies know I'd bend over backwards to be an ambassador for their brand.  LaVar is a moron who knows absolutely nothing about how the NBA works.  Nike and Adidas make stars.  They get you offseason awards, all star buzz, and Team USA selections.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Can we ask a serious question?

is there anything wrong with asking those companies to liscense their brand? Lavar Ball is a polarizing person, and that more than likely did not help him here, but what he is trying to do isn't a bad thing. Those companies obviously do not had to agree to the terms, but what BBB is attempting to do isn't a bad thing.

Its just that Lavar Ball has made himself too polarizing as the media craves his every soundbite and he can't help himself.

7 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

is there anything wrong with asking those companies to liscense their brand? Lavar Ball is a polarizing person, and that more than likely did not help him here, but what he is trying to do isn't a bad thing. Those companies obviously do not had to agree to the terms, but what BBB is attempting to do isn't a bad thing.

Its just that Lavar Ball has made himself too polarizing as the media craves his every soundbite and he can't help himself.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it in principle. The thing is if its Lonzos decision, it's completely fine, but it seems as if Lavar is forcing his son to do what he deems best. 

Its definitely a huge gamble tho, if Lonzo goes on to have a hof career it's a genius idea. 

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Chicago laid down and quit after Rondo got hurt.

Time for them to blow it up.

Pretty amazing. Never seen a series swing back the other way so wildly.

Still don't believe in the Celtics though. Likely the end of the line for them against Hogwarts

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That depends, who owns Big Baller Brand?  The trademarks are owned by Lavar Ball.  If he owns the company he has a personal financial interest in keeping his son from signing lucrative deals with Nike, Adidas, or Under Armour.  In other words, he's positioning himself to make money by risking his son's money.     

• Like 2

It's also repugnant that he's explicitly turned his children into brand assets to make money off of them.  He keeps comparing his brand to products like Uber and WhatsApp to suggest his brand has "disruptive" value.  He's a moron.  The reason Uber and WhatsApp were successful is because they used a new technology to provide a service that people love.  All Big Baller Brand does is sell dumb shirts and shoes that nobody wants.  If the brand is about his persona, then all it provides is stupid ass Kardashian style shameless attention whoring that the overwhelmingly male audience that makes up NBA fans are not interested in watching.  If the value of the brand hinges entirely on Lonzo being a famous NBA player, then he's undermining it by antagonizing all of the institutions that could actually help make the kid a star.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

lol I think Max Kellerman should be looking over his shoulder...

The disrespect he gave the Skins this week, I would even welcome the pompous Will Cain as a host over Kellerman.

6 minutes ago, DM72 said:

The disrespect he gave the Skins this week, I would even welcome the pompous Will Cain as a host over Kellerman.

He's been disrespectful towards the Skins for awhile. Really since he first came on the show and mouthed off at Skins training camp. Doesn't even try to hide what is clearly disdain to an abdurd level.

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

oh no lol what did he say this time?

He just act like we are a complete afterthought in the NFC East. To him, we don't even count. It's the Giants, Cowboys, Eagles and the one team he never have to worry about, the Redskins. 

Even Stephen A and McNabb looks at him like he was crazy. McNabb AND an Eagle player actually defended the Redskins and McNabb actually threw shade on the Eagles defense.

Edited by DM72
  • Like 1

I suddenly miss Skip Bayless. At least he is a predictable crazy

9 minutes ago, DM72 said:

He just act like we are a complete afterthought in the NFC East. To him, we don't even count. It's the Giants, Cowboys, Eagles and the one team he never have to worry about, the Redskins. 

Even Stephen A and McNabb looks at him like he was crazy. McNabb AND an Eagle player actually defended the Redskins and McNabb actually threw shade on the Eagles defense.

I remember when he called Cousins the 4th best qb in the NFC East :rofl89:

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's also repugnant that he's explicitly turned his children into brand assets to make money off of them.

but it's fine for Nike to do this instead?

2 hours ago, Destino said:

That depends, who owns Big Baller Brand?  The trademarks are owned by Lavar Ball.  If he owns the company he has a personal financial interest in keeping his son from signing lucrative deals with Nike, Adidas, or Under Armour.  In other words, he's positioning himself to make money by risking his son's money.     

I feel you there but I don't have an issue keeping it in the family.