Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

I think Ranadive wants the Kings to be the Dubs. He really thinks Buddy is Steph like. I don't see it.

Nobody in the world sees it.  I have a hard time believing that anybody could be so amateur and delusional as to believe that Hield is truly a young Curry.  I think the guy who broke that story misrepresented Ranadive's feelings on Hield and that whoever gave him that quote was trying to embarrass Ranadive.

I don't think the reason the Kings got back such a poor return for Cousins was because they were completely delusional about Buddy Hield.  I think it's because they were in a desperate place needing to tank and needing to get rid of Cousins, and the market for Cousins was lousy.

I think Cousins submarined his own value by being such a headcase and that Sacramento's major blunder was in not trading him sooner.

Sacramento's best trade partners would have been the Celtics and Wizards during the previous two offseasons.  They probably could have gotten Beal or Porter (or maybe even both) plus Marcin Gortat for Cousins from the Wizards last summer or the summer of 2015.  But after the Wizards put it together this season and Beal and Porter emerged, there was no way DC blows it all up and makes that deal.

And Boston saying "Hell No" basically removed any other suitor with highly appealing assets from the market.  They're desperate for a star.  They could have blown any other offer out of the water.  The reason they didn't want him was his culture killing immaturity.

Is that how that trade works out?  A single first turns into a single 2nd?

To me the Cousins trade is similar to the Noel trade, if that's what you can get then that's what he is worth, BUT with Cousins you did have the option of holding onto him into the off season to see if you could get a better trade.  That comes with risk if he gets hurt or does something else to hurt his value.

The Kings had to start over and in that sense they had to trade Cousins.  I'm not sure of the benefit of trading him now vs. July.  If they've talked to teams before and the sense is this is what he was about what he was worth, then you take it.

Edited by PeterMP

17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Careful now. People have been tarred and feathered worse on this board for questioning Boogie's actual value. :)

As for the Hield obsession...apparently Ranadive still wanted him even when he was drafted by the Pels (according to Hield today). 

Remember, the Kings REJECTED a Cousins for Drummond swap.  Cousins' value was fine and it wasn't nearly as low as folks were making it out to be after the trade.  The Hield haul was nothing more but gross incompetence on a historic level by the Kings front office.  Quite possibly the worst trade in the existence of the NBA.  Which says a lot. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I keep refreshing Twitter hoping to see something huge like George/Butler/Melo to Boston. I wanna see that punk ass in Cleveland short-circuit

Woj said PG is staying put in IND. 

Edited by STBonecrusher21

22 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Remember, the Kings REJECTED a Cousins for Drummond swap.  Cousins' value was fine and it wasn't nearly as low as folks were making it out to be after the trade.  The Hield haul was nothing more but gross incompetence on a historic level by the Kings front office.  Quite possibly the worst trade in the existence of the NBA.  Which says a lot. 

There is something really weird about the report that they rejected the Drummond swap.  It doesn't make any sense on the surface, so there must have been something going on beneath the surface.

I think it was this: the Kings promised DeMarcus Cousins they would trade him and wanted to do him a solid and send him to a preferred destination.  I think Cousins asked them to trade him during the offseason and that they promised they would if he played ball and they still weren't in playoff position by the deadline.  And I think they probably asked him for a list of teams and New Orleans was on that list because they had one of his Kentucky buddies, and Detroit wasn't.

I think Cousins coming out and saying he wanted to stay in Sacramento and have his legacy be with the organization a couple of weeks ago was a favor the team asked of him to try and increase their leverage in trades.

I think the real reason Cousins asked Steve Kerr not to play him in the AS game was because he knew Sacramento was working on a trade.

And if you watch the video of his initial reaction to being told he'd been traded, I think it's clear that he was both happy and unsurprised to hear about it.  He immediately made a joke about loving New Orleans, indicating the Pelicans were one of the teams he expected to get traded to.

He was caught off-guard when told.  Hard to judge someone's reaction off of big news in the moment.  After he had a while to process, and we saw the tears flowing, you can see how much he cared for folks in that city. 

Also...

JustinVerrier
The Pelicans are now expected to waive Terrence Jones, according to sources, so that he can pursue other options.
2/23/17, 3:14 PM

45 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Drummond doesn't make any better sense for the Kings than Cousins did.  They need to start over.  If they get Drummond, they then just have to trade him.  Now, maybe Drummond brings back more than Cousins did, but I don't see any reason to assume that's true.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Curry is on fire. SO much swag

Too much Swag for the clippers. 

They own them and 50 in a quarter is wow. Did you also notice the 5-6 step travel (not called) dunk by Durant? Seriously, how do officials let that go? It's on the GS twitter feed currently. Ok, maybe only 4 steps. 

14 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

got into a kerfuffle on twitter overnight 

Just saw it on deadspin.  McGee was heated and Shaq responded by lighting him on fire again.

TMvOBPt.gif

I got McGee if they fight though.  I remember shaq throwing hands during his playing days and his punches were less accurate than his free throws.  Age hasn't fixed that.