Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So they basically enter 2017-2018 with the same amount of questions as this year. 

Is there any reason for anyone to doubt that we basically just saw this dudes 15 minutes of fame?

He's played in 31 games in his first three seasons in the NBA.  How bad is that?  Well the current poster boy for poor health, Greg Oden, managed to limp through 82 games in his first three seasons.  So, really bad.    

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Destino said:

He's played in 31 games in his first three seasons in the NBA.  How bad is that?  Well the current poster boy for poor health, Greg Oden, managed to limp through 82 games in his first three seasons.  So, really bad.    

And they're going to play out the same process next year, taking it slow, looking out for his long term health.... 

Basketball purgatory

I want to talk about Westbrook for a second. I get all the stuff about some of his empty numbers regarding the triple doubles, but I think the Thunder record in said games, and the sheer relentlessness of Russ cannot be questioned. He is my mvp

Holy ****. That's Arvidas Sabonis' kid? I thought their last names were a coincidence

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I want to talk about Westbrook for a second. I get all the stuff about some of his empty numbers regarding the triple doubles, but I think the Thunder record in said games, and the sheer relentlessness of Russ cannot be questioned. He is my mvp

Holy ****. That's Arvidas Sabonis' kid? I thought their last names were a coincidence

Correlation does not equal causation.  Russ goes extra hard on the boards and gets his TD when the opponent is overmatched.

16 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Correlation does not equal causation.  Russ goes extra hard on the boards and gets his TD when the opponent is overmatched.

24-6 when he has a triple double. They are clearly a lotto team without him.

I entertained it earlier in  the season, but at this point, unless someone has some next level stats about how Oscar got his rebounds in a more watered down league, im paying it zero attention from here on out

Edited by Mr. Sinister

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

24-6 when he has a triple double. They are clearly a lotto team without him.

I entertained it earlier in  the season, but at this point, unless someone has some next level stats about how Oscar got his rebounds in a more watered down league, im paying it zero attention from here on out

Its really not that complicated.  The Thunder run a system that encourages Russ to get the defensive rebound and begin the break as such.  Every other team in the league encourages their bigs to get the board and outlet to the point guard.  

For instance, Wall is plenty athletic enough to crash the defensive goals and snag 10 rbs a game, but instead Gortat gets 12 a game and outlets to Wall near mid-court.  The Thunder just do things differently.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Its really not that complicated.  The Thunder run a system that encourages Russ to get the defensive rebound and begin the break as such.  Every other team in the league encourages their bigs to get the board and outlet to the point guard.  

For instance, Wall is plenty athletic enough to crash the defensive goals and snag 10 rbs a game, but instead Gortat gets 12 a game and outlets to Wall near mid-court.  The Thunder just do things differently.  

Thats fair.

But you could also say that the Warriors system allows for Curry to take and make an absurd amount of three pointers. Enough to rival as many as Bird made his whole career

The system you run, or how you use your players, should nit matter if it works. 24-6 tells me its working. And sure, many other guys probably could do it, but they aren't. No one has.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thats fair.

But you could also say that the Warriors system allows for Curry to take and make an absurd amount of three pointers. Enough to rival as many as Bird made his whole career

The system you run, or how you use your players, should nit matter if it works. 24-6 tells me its working. And sure, many other guys probably could do it, but they aren't. No one has.

Absolutely.  Russ is flat-out great but the fact that he's poaching rbs from his bigs for TDs isn't the reason why.  He's great because he's got killer handles, can score from anywhere on the floor and plays with ridiculous swagger and energy. 

As as far as "no one has"... Actually, Harden is doing it right now too and shooting a higher % with more assists for a team that's winning at a much higher clip.  

Straight up, who would you rather have...Harden or Russ?

Edited by TryTheBeal!