Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

17 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

My guess is they would have yo throw in Crowder/

Bradley

Agreed.  Nothing will happen before the deadline, but this is something to revisit before the draft.  I'm guessing it would take either Bradley or Crowder plus the Brooklyn picks in this year and next year's draft.  Paul George ain't DeMarcus Cousins.  He's a winner and a grown up.

And if I'm Indy, I take that deal.  Rebuild around Myles Turner and one of the top three picks in this year's class.  Plus you'll almost certainly get a top four pick next year.

As bad as the James Harden and DeMarcus Cousins trades were, the Paul Pierce + KG trade for what will basically amount to three top three picks is the worst trade of the decade.  The Nets need to be contracted too.  The team is a Ponzi scheme used to publicly finance an expensive new arena in downtown Brooklyn.

Yeah I think they'll actually get better.  Magic commands respect from current players, they won't have to settle for guys like Nick Young.  And getting rid of Jim Buss should help quite a bit.  It's almost unbelievable how bad he was.

But the main thing is the Lakers have young talent now.  I've been trying to come up with a way for the Wizards to pilfer Ivica Zubac from them before Magic Johnson figures out what they have in him.  And Ingram and Russell could turn into something too.  Plus they have two first rounders in a very good draft now, and their pick is going to be pretty high.

Maybe none of those assets yield a star, but they could build a whole is greater than the sum of its parts type team with all those pieces, similar to what Memphis did.

And the free agencies of Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins loom for 2018, and the Lakers should have the young players to incentivize sign and trades.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

SUCH a bad trade for Philly....

ZachLowe_NBA
Sources: If Sixers do not receive Mavs top-18 protected pick this season, it converts to 2 2nd-round picks: Mavs 2nds in 2017 and 2018.
2/23/17, 12:56 PM

Not a big fan of Congelo and do like Noel, but I'm not sure.  Is Noel with $20 million a year?  Assuming he took the best trade out there, I'm not sure it is a bad move.

(They have the larger issue of Embiid's health.  Embiid is the talent they have been tanking for, but this is a guy that played one year of college basketball and broke his foot and played what is realistically not even equivalent to a 1/4 of an NBA season and partially tore his meniscus.  You have to question whether he's ever going to be a healthy NBA player (and wasn't a fan of the pick when they took him because of the health concerns.).

And if Embiid isn't the guy you have been tanking for because of his health, you've got to keep tanking for now.  In that sense, getting in a position where you either just let Noel walk for nothing or pay him $20 million a year makes no sense.  Okafor is clearly not the guy that you need to build a championship team, and there have to be questions marks about Simmons since he hasn't even played an NBA game.

This is one of those cases, where I'm just not sure, and it depends heavily on what the doctors are telling you about Simmons and Embiid and what you've seen from an Simmons in work outs as he recovers from the injury.  If the news on the medical front on Embiid and Simmons isn't good or Simmons doesn't seem willing/able to put in the work to become really good, then this trade might be for the best.

If Embiid and Simmons come back healthy and strong and Simmons next year looks a lot like a young Lebron, then this trade was probably bad, and you could have payed Noel and started thinking about putting the pieces together to win a championship with Noel as a backup center and getting spot minutes at the 4.

If Embiid is always physically limited due to injuries, then this trade is probably good and you re-start the clock hoping to center on Simmons as your franchise player or somebody they get this year.)

Edited by PeterMP

Just noticed that the Kings keep their first round pick this year if they finish in the bottom 10. Trading Cousins might make sense even more now instead of finishing just out of the playoffs or worse, getting smoked by the Dubs/Spurs in the first round.

Now they could have a top 10 pick and a top 16-17 pick (from the Pelicans) in what is supposed to be a very deep draft. 

Traded picks this year.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/yearly

Noel has been yo-yo'd all year.  He's going to flourish in Dallas.  Mark my words.  In today's NBA, he's absolutely worth the max or whatever he's going to earn.  Look no further than Steven Adams.  He (Noel) can be the good mobile rim-protector that he was looking like last year.  All of this for essentially Anderson and two second rounders.  Same deal as Ilyasova, right?  Their values the same??  What a time...LOL

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Just noticed that the Kings keep their first round pick this year if they finish in the bottom 10. Trading Cousins might make sense even more now instead of finishing just out of the playoffs or worse, getting smoked by the Dubs/Spurs in the first round.

Now they could have a top 10 pick and a top 16-17 pick (from the Pelicans) in what is supposed to be a very deep draft. 

Traded picks this year.

They have swap pick with the Sixers in place even 1-10.  If they end up with a better pick then the Sixers, the Sixers get it.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Traded picks this year.

Trading Cousins made 100% absolute sense.  The haul in return was moronic.  No other way to slice it. 

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Traded picks this year.

I think this is the reason they were desperate to make the deal before the deadline and had to settle for such a crap return.  They are starting over.

15 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Noel has been yo-yo'd all year.  He's going to flourish in Dallas.  Mark my words.  In today's NBA, he's absolutely worth the max or whatever he's going to earn.  Look no further than Steven Adams.  He (Noel) can be the good mobile rim-protector that he was looking like last year.  All of this for essentially Anderson and two second rounders.  Same deal as Ilyasova, right?  Their values the same??  What a time...LOL

I like Noel, and I think he's going to be a good player.  He's shot is getting better every year and this year it is paying off in games.  He's shooting percentage and FT% are both up.  He's a good shot blocker, a really good help defender, and he's really good at getting steals.  I think he'll have years where he will be an All Star.

But, he's worth what you can get for him, especially in the context of he's a free agent at the end of the year.  There is no, well, we don't like any of these deals we'll just hold onto him until the off season to see if we can get something better.

Edited by PeterMP

29 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

They have swap pick with the Sixers in place even 1-10.  If they end up with a better pick then the Sixers, the Sixers get it.

Yeah. But it's better than losing your pick because your finished 11th..or 16th, right? This way they keep the pick and give up their 2nd rounder to Chicago.

29 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Trading Cousins made 100% absolute sense.  The haul in return was moronic.  No other way to slice it. 

Agreed. They were in a no-win situation with Cousins and Vlade made it worse by admitting they had a better deal a few days earlier. There was no tactical advantage to admitting that. 

The 2nd rounder they also got (with Buddy, and the 1st round pick) though is the 76ers pick. So it could be within the top 35 picks. Who knows. 

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think this is the reason they were desperate to make the deal before the deadline and had to settle for such a crap return.  They are starting over.

I think Ranadive wants the Kings to be the Dubs. He really thinks Buddy is Steph like. I don't see it.