Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I had to switch to following online.

18 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Someone has to stop Marcus smart from Marcus smarting...

did he really just take a shot up two with 13 left and no shot clock to worry about?

I wonder what kind of odds you could have gotten before the season on the idea that Lebron and KD would be out of the playoffs after the 1st round?

It'll be interesting what the Nets do this offseason.

Meanwhile Doc Rivers is looking like he's trying to be the first coach to lose a series after being up 3-0.

Would that kill his HOF chances?

Edited by PeterMP

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

No. But doc already owns 2 series where he lost up 3-1. 

I believe it is 3.  One years ago with Orlando, one with the Clips, and last year with the Sixers.

Can you really put a guy in the HOF that has 4 of the worse playoff collapses in history?

• Thumb down 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

At 33 LeBron was getting swept in the finals while dropping 51 in a game. At 33 KD is getting swept in the first round. 

i get your point but this Nets team also would have rolled thru the same East Lebron had in 2017-18. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I can’t convince myself that the Nets will lose this game.  KD just can’t go out like this.  Not to this Boston team, that doesn’t look like a world beater to me.  

I hate them but they are a lot greater than the sum of their parts in addition to Tatum ascending to the upper tiers of players. The last couple months of the season they have some all time level metrics too. Their defense is a nasty 

• Thumb down 1

33 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Kyrie Irving is the most overrated "superstar" in league history. 

Kyrie has never been a superstar.  He’s been to the playoffs once as the best player on his team. I’ll put it like this, here are the top five scoring point guards this season. 

Luka, Trae, Ja, Steph, and Kyrie.  

Given the option to take any of these players as your #1 scoring option… does any GM take Kyrie?  If not, he’s not a superstar.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

Kyrie has never been a superstar.  He’s been to the playoffs once as the best player on his team. I’ll put it like this, here are the top five scoring point guards this season. 

Given the option to take any of these players as your #1 scoring option… does any GM take Kyrie?  If not, he’s not a superstar.  

Looking, Kyrie has 1 2nd team all NBA and two 3rd team all NBA.  0 1st team all NBA.  Not what I think most people would consider a superstar.

He's a high quality All Star and maybe someday a border line HOF player.  But not a super star.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i get your point but this Nets team also would have rolled thru the same East Lebron had in 2017-18. 

I hate them but they are a lot greater than the sum of their parts in addition to Tatum ascending to the upper tiers of players. The last couple months of the season they have some all time level metrics too. Their defense is a nasty 

Not if KD played like this. 

19 minutes ago, Destino said:

Not trying to defend Kyrie but Ja and Trae have both played like **** this playoffs too. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Kind of glad Wiz never got Durant.

You trippin, I'd take him now, fire up the trade machine.

Would anyone be shocked if Sixers lost this series?  It's one game at a time, next one is in Toronto, Embiid banged up, Harden lookin more like Nets Harden the Houston Harden.

Game 7 could be a who wants it more toss-up.

• Confused 1