Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

29 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

None of this load management bull****. 

Taking off for almost 2 years and sitting out the playoffs isn’t load management. 

i get some people hate stars sitting in the regular season.  But come on. 

Somethings up with Simmons obviously. His suite, mental health, something. And I don’t personally care, cause that’s on him whatever it is and people get to choose what they do.

i don’t want to diminish the possibility of a real mental health issue - but obviously there needs to be an out for teams somehow. Not that I know what it should be.

4 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Ok, that Morant dunk is dunk of the year for me.

4 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Not a charge if the guy jumps over you....

Good God Ja.

That **** was attempted murder, homie woke up today and clearly chose violence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Not to demean and downgrade the issue of mental health but it ain take 20 months to recover from injury 

Simmons holding out like zion holding out is a pardon my French "**** move". This is the new nba. If you can play get your ass out there and entertain us. None of this load management bull****. 

owners are definitely going to have to address this.  Between injuries that are taking longer than usual, and guys getting rest, owners are shelling out massive checks to stars that increasingly play less and less.  And the playoffs are once again full of injuries.  If this somehow resulted in a healthy post season, we’d all probably be fine with it.  It doesn’t.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Heat advance. 

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

Taking off for almost 2 years and sitting out the playoffs isn’t load management. 

i get some people hate stars sitting in the regular season.  But come on. 

Somethings up with Simmons obviously. His suite, mental health, something. And I don’t personally care, cause that’s on him whatever it is and people get to choose what they do.

i don’t want to diminish the possibility of a real mental health issue - but obviously there needs to be an out for teams somehow. Not that I know what it should be.

He should be playing and helping his team. It does not take that long to recover from a back injury. 

18 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Heat advance. 

He should be playing and helping his team. It does not take that long to recover from a back injury. 

There are people that have chronic back injuries that never really recover.

Though, I think in his case he's claiming the back is tied to the mental health issues.  (which is well supported by research in many cases.  Back issues are the new ulcers.) so the back isn't really directly the problem.

5 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

There are people that have chronic back injuries that never really recover.

Though, I think in his case he's claiming the back is tied to the mental health issues.  (which is well supported by research in many cases.  Back issues are the new ulcers.) so the back isn't really directly the problem.

Fair. I think athletes put up with a lot of mental anguish as shown by Mikela schiffren, Simone biles etc but he could have easily fixed this in the off-season. His reluctance to play is very concerning. 

That said Sixers discarded a malcontent and got another overrated player who is at least contributing. So Morey won. 

I love KAT but he really needs to improve his ball handling/decision making.  There were at least 5 instances where he barreled completely out of control into a crowd and lost the ball, caused a charging foul, or got tied up.  7 footers aren't necessarily expected to be great dribblers, but he isn't really a back to the basket type player.

As a whole I really like the Timberwolves roster.  They may have lost this game, but they are a player or three away from really contending imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I love KAT but he really needs to improve his ball handling/decision making.  There were at least 5 instances where he barreled completely out of control into a crowd and lost the ball, caused a charging foul, or got tied up.  7 footers aren't necessarily expected to be great dribblers, but he isn't really a back to the basket type player.

As a whole I really like the Timberwolves roster.  They may have lost this game, but they are a player or three away from really contending imo.

KAT has had a lot of awful moments in these playoffs.  I really expected him to be better.  What you’re saying is right though, he plays like he believes his handles are a hell of a lot better than they are in reality.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Destino said:

What you’re saying is right though, he plays like he believes his handles are a hell of a lot better than they are in reality.  

And don’t we all…

Anyway that Morant dunk is an all timer. Even thinking to attempt that was absurd. If he’s not the most exciting player in the league right now I’m not sure who is. 

• Like 2