Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Still blown away by how well this Phoenix team came together.  I remember a couple of years ago when Booker was trying to court KAT to force his way to Phoenix and thinking to myself, "why, so they can play 50 loss basketball together?"

CP3 and Ayton are the keys.  That elite PG/C combination is the entire foundation for their defense, which is how they became a championship caliber team.  Plus it's a high quality offensive foundation too.  Guys like Cam Johnson and Jae Crowder and Mikal Bridges are superb role players who make big 2 way contributions to championship caliber teams, but can't make a dent on wins and losses on their own and bounce around the league endlessly when they are on bad teams.  And Devin Booker is like Brad Beal and Kyrie Irving and Damian Lillard.  An absolute luxury who will never lead a team to contention on his own simply because he makes no impact as a defender or rebounder.  But put a championship caliber foundation in place around him and that team will go from lottery team to contender because he can power an offense by himself through a deep playoff run.  The difference in quality between him and a lesser "bucket-getter" like Middleton is really big.

Put Beal or Lillard on Utah or Philly (or sub Middleton out for one of them in Milwaukee) and they would have a similar role and impact as Booker in Phoenix and those would be championship caliber teams.

They currently have a very strong organization.  However, I do wonder how far they would go with a healthy Davis, Murray, and Leonard available.  They’ve done a really excellent job with player development along with draft strategy for what they’ve done with Johnson and Bridges.  They fit in so well. They did kind of botch the two drafts between Booker and Ayton.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Anyone ever use that FIBA ball?  I want one, but no one ever wants to use anything but Wilson balls.  People don’t even like the Spalding official nba ball.  

I noticed US players fumbling the first touch frequently.  Made me wonder if they are getting used to it.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I noticed US players fumbling the first touch frequently.  Made me wonder if they are getting used to it.

I’ve heard it’s a slick ball and doesn’t feel as good as the nba ball.  

I wonder if they break them in first, because new basketballs are never as good as one that’s seen some playing time.  

4 hours ago, Destino said:

Anyone ever use that FIBA ball?  I want one, but no one ever wants to use anything but Wilson balls.  People don’t even like the Spalding official nba ball.  

I've played with one before....I shot lights out with it :ols: 

It had a different feel to it...I don't know how to describe it, but it felt a bit stickier and that extra stickiness led to better rotation on my shot

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Jabbar/Robertson/Chappelle/Tucker in the Bucks crowd…

*bets on bucks*

bucks couldn’t have looked worse that quarter and only down 3. Suns blew a chance to get a big lead. 

15 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Middleton/Holiday currently 15-43

Holidays inability to hit a shot and Tuckers stupid fouls are why the Bucks are losing. Tuckers given away so many points from the foul line.  

Bucks should be going at Booker, but they won’t.  They don’t force opposing teams to switch before the play like the Suns do.  

• Thanks 1