Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Barkley after the game asked him how come he doesn't play like that all the time.

I'm thinking that Young/Giannis both miss the next game and Game 7 is a battle for the ages.

Have we really reached a point where Bucks/Hawks is considered a “battle for the ages”?

Man, 2021 is a trip.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Have we really reached a point where Bucks/Hawks is considered a “battle for the ages”?

Man, 2021 is a trip.

TTB, 1994:

Have we really reached a point where Nuggets/Sonics is considered a "battle for the ages"?

Man, 1994 is a trip.

Dikembe Mutombo:

tenor.gif

Heady stuff coming from a Wizards fan, though.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

If Milwaukee comes out like they did last night, there won’t be a game 7.  That was an outstanding team game with very few poor possessions.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Barkley after the game asked him how come he doesn't play like that all the time.

I'm thinking that Young/Giannis both miss the next game and Game 7 is a battle for the ages.

Loved Barkley's comments about analytics and having Lopez out there on the three point line instead of in the paint. Don't know that he'll play that good on the road, but that's where he should be a lot more often. 

59 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Loved Barkley's comments about analytics and having Lopez out there on the three point line instead of in the paint. Don't know that he'll play that good on the road, but that's where he should be a lot more often. 

It is a different team with Giannis.  It is much harder to help into the post/pain when he's not there, and Lopez doesn't need to act as a spacer for Giannis' drives.

Lopez doesn't get the same post opportunities in a game with Giannis because Giannis' man is going to collapse and help (and realistically is going to be helping even before the pass is made which makes the feed into the post that much harder.)

(Watching last night it makes you wonder if this current construction of the Bucks team isn't as good or better w/o Giannis than with him.

If he doesn't play again we'll see if they can manage some consistency.  This is also against a small Hawks team.  Not sure how the same offense would run against somebody that can throw some bigger bodies at Lopez/Portis.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ball Security said:

If Milwaukee comes out like they did last night, there won’t be a game 7.  That was an outstanding team game with very few poor possessions.

I agree with that, but the only thing that would change my mind is if Trae Young suits up for game 6 and Giannis doesn't.  

But the Bucks did play an outstanding team game last night.  As much flak as Bud gets at times, he deserves a tip of the cap for a game like they had last night.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with that, but the only thing that would change my mind is if Trae Young suits up for game 6 and Giannis doesn't.  

But the Bucks did play an outstanding team game last night.  As much flak as Bud gets at times, he deserves a tip of the cap for a game like they had last night.

Too bad he didn't do it with the Hawks.  

I'll show myself out...

• Haha 2

Any chance Giannis is healthy by Tuesday?  

You guys see those Kareem as a buck highlights?  The first one they showed had excellent picture quality.  Where did that come from?  Usually highlight that old all look like you’re watching them through a pint glass.  

Totally bummed about Marv Albert leaving.  That's the sound of basketball, IMO, like Vin Scully in the baseball booth.  That's what basketball sounded like growing up, national televised games, the "Yes!" call on made shots.  Just a great broadcaster, wouldn't want to listen to anyone else do basketball play by play.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Totally bummed about Marv Albert leaving.  That's the sound of basketball, IMO, like Vin Scully in the baseball booth.  That's what basketball sounded like growing up, national televised games, the "Yes!" call on made shots.  Just a great broadcaster, wouldn't want to listen to anyone else do basketball play by play.  

Marv is a legendary announcer, but he’s been off his game for a while now.  Mike Breen and Kevin Harlan are better.  Plus, who doesn’t like Breen’s legendary “Bang!” calls?  

• Like 5

Yeah Marv Albert has ****ed up like 10 times a game this series.  It's comical but it's also sad because you know he's getting old and just can't do it.  I had no clue he was even done broadcasting until the end of the game tonight.  But it completely makes sense considering how much he messes up.

And damn, the Bucks are just a very likeable team.  Watching them get the trophy after the game, it's hard not to root for those guys.

The NBA finals are going to be fun to watch.  And then we will be running right up on NFL training camp.  I like this later-than-usual NBA playoff schedule.  Especially how they weren't doing games every 3 days and it was every other day instead.  The ECF/WCF was awesome because we had a game every night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah Marv Albert has ****ed up like 10 times a game this series.  It's comical but it's also sad because you know he's getting old and just can't do it.  I had no clue he was even done broadcasting until the end of the game tonight.  But it completely makes sense considering how much he messes up.

And damn, the Bucks are just a very likeable team.  Watching them get the trophy after the game, it's hard not to root for those guys.

The NBA finals are going to be fun to watch.  And then we will be running right up on NFL training camp.  I like this later-than-usual NBA playoff schedule.  Especially how they weren't doing games every 3 days and it was every other day instead.  The ECF/WCF was awesome because we had a game every night.

Games every other night is soooo much better. 

• Like 1