Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

after this season the complaining about load management is going to be gone for a while.  Not that it would have prevented any of this.  

I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA doesn't push back the start of their season. They have to recognize how much worse the product is with all these players out. You've got to give them rest. 

Load management doesn't have anything to do with a freak accident of someone's knee being bent back in the wrong direction.  An extra day between games wouldn't have prevented that.

That said, these guys do need more rest.

This series is going to the Hawks. Even if Giannis does come back they were getting beat pretty solidly tonight.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA doesn't push back the start of their season. They have to recognize how much worse the product is with all these players out. You've got to give them rest. 

I agree but these are freak injuries happen anyway.  Giannis had a giant land on his knee.  Trae stepped on a ref.  Kyrie landed on a foot and touched his ankle to the floor.  Kawhi took an awkward heavy step trying to avoid a defender and sprained his knee.  These aren’t non contact injuries, they’re the kind you get rested or not.  

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

I agree but these are freak injuries happen anyway.  Giannis had a giant land on his knee.  Trae stepped on a ref.  Kyrie landed on a foot and touched his ankle to the floor.  Kawhi took an awkward heavy step trying to avoid a defender and sprained his knee.  These aren’t non contact injuries, they’re the kind you get rested or not.  

There will always be some injuries, but the amount to important players seems particularly high this season and especially impacting the playoffs and play-in situations.  

AD, Lebron, Jamal Murray, Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley, Kawhi, all the Nets stars, Jaylen Brown, Embiid (even though he played again, Giannis, Young, Beal, Gordon Hayward and I'm sure I'm missing guys. I mean, only one team remaining has their best player still playing. 

Barkley on Inside the NBA trashing the Clippers players for whining about playoff P getting criticism was gold. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

There will always be some injuries, but the amount to important players seems particularly high this season and especially impacting the playoffs and play-in situations.  

AD, Lebron, Jamal Murray, Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley, Kawhi, all the Nets stars, Jaylen Brown, Embiid (even though he played again, Giannis, Young, Beal, Gordon Hayward and I'm sure I'm missing guys. I mean, only one team remaining has their best player still playing. 

Barkley on Inside the NBA trashing the Clippers players for whining about playoff P getting criticism was gold. 

And that dude has a broken face!

• Thanks 1

Randomly came across this video on youtube and it was pretty interesting to watch and informative.  It's also tough to watch because he keeps showing the injury while explaining it.

Cliffs notes is that this doctor would be shocked if it's not a significant injury.

37 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Randomly came across this video on youtube and it was pretty interesting to watch and informative.  It's also tough to watch because he keeps showing the injury while explaining it.

Cliffs notes is that this doctor would be shocked if it's not a significant injury.

Looks like this guy may be wrong.  Just saw a notice that there is no structural damage.  While great news, no timetable for his return.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Looks like this guy may be wrong.  Just saw a notice that there is no structural damage.  While great news, no timetable for his return.

Not sure what you mean by him being wrong.  He never made any claims as to what the outcome would be.