Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, Hersh said:

You that as if it’s easy to build winning teams and win championships. It’s not

I'm not saying its easy. I'm just saying fans should stop whining that their team couldn't win the lottery. Its like buying a lottery ticket then crying that you didn't win a million dollars.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

The angst and the morality of still being a Knicks fan despite years of mediocrity and disappointment remind me of the Redskins under Snyder era and fans calling for boycotts b/c of Snyder and years of sadness

I can't help it.  I love Stephen A.  He's an entertainer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

The t hing is that Zion spurning NO would be such a clown move. NO is not that bad. Zion saying "I don't want to go there" and going back to school and putting his future in jeopardy would be a pretty selfish decision. "I want to play where I WANT TO PLAY and I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THERE." He would definitely lose some points in my book. 

If you go back to school, your shoe blows out again, you get hurt, then what? What if your stock drops? You could be the #1 pick in the draft. The money. The endorsements. Now. Don't worry about NO. Just play your game and dunk all over. 

It's not like NO is an awful place anyway. 

Who cares?  He didn't hire an agent and didn't sign any endorsements.  If he chooses to go back for a year because he doesn't want to play for a certain team, he's well within his right to do so.

Push for a rule change instead.  Make it where if a player declares for the draft, they can't take that decision back.  Regardless if they say they won't play or sign, or go back to college, etc. and the team that drafts them owns their rights when they do decide to play.

I personally don't think players should be able to have any power over who drafts them and have an out etc.  Reminds me of when Kobe said he refused to sign with the Hornets if they drafted him and would play overseas.  Same with some NFL players, granted that's a different sport.

I don't agree with it, but don't really care since the rules are setup in a way that allows for it to happen.  Which isn't really that common anyhow.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

15 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Who cares?  He didn't hire an agent and didn't sign any endorsements.  If he chooses to go back for a year because he doesn't want to play for a certain team, he's well within his right to do so.

this is erroneous thought. Even if he gets drafted next year it'll still be to a bad team 

32 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

this is erroneous thought. Even if he gets drafted next year it'll still be to a bad team 

Correct but he might get to be in a better market like NYC or Chicago.

From everything I've read, he's a good kid.  Backing out now and going to Duke for another year would be a dick move.  He doesn't come across that way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Correct but he might get to be in a better market like NYC or Chicago.

From everything I've read, he's a good kid.  Backing out now and going to Duke for another year would be a dick move.  He doesn't come across that way.

on espn his stepdad was on the radio locally in Baton Rogue and pretty much said he's not going to go back to Duke 

this whole saga was contrived by the media for ratings 

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Brian Windhorst is gross.

Did you know Brian Windhorst went to HS and is from the same city as LeBron James and did you know they are friends wow it's not like ESPN doesn't shove this down our throats every second

Every time they bring him on for anything he ONLY talks about LeBron 🤣

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not saying its easy. I'm just saying fans should stop whining that their team couldn't win the lottery. Its like buying a lottery ticket then crying that you didn't win a million dollars.

I agree. Fans emotionally hurt by their team not winning the library need to examine their priorities in life. 

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

My favorite thing about Brian Windhorst is that he was apoplectic when Lebron went to Miami. Wrote an article about how he turned his back on Ohio and how he was personally hurt by it.... only to join ESPN as the Lebron follower in Miami. 

Windhorst might be one of if not the luckiest people in America. Dude literally has a national television job because he went to HS with an eventual NBA superstar. Like, I don't even think they were friends in HS, they just happened to attend and/or overlap years. Crazy. It'd be like if I became a reporter on ESPN because I went to HS with Eddie Royal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kerr switches to an aggressive trap...and the Blazers fall apart.

Good coaching.

It’s a bit disappointing the blazers backcourt failed to deal with quick doubles.  Just pass early, find the open guy, or move to get it back.  They’ve dribbled into it instead, and ended up stuck against the sideline over and over again.  That defense shouldn’t have worked so many consecutive times in the nba conference finals. 

• Thanks 1