Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Just finished the ringer article about it.  LOL.  What a god damn tool.  If they fired his ass today, it wouldn't be soon enough.  The NBA is such a trainwreck when it comes to professionalism.

I thought the most interesting part of it is how it was discovered. 

This is some futuristic stuff:

Our source, whose identity is still unknown, contacted me via anonymous “egg” accounts on both Instagram and Twitter, claiming that they had a scoop. The source explained that they worked in artificial intelligence and, after noticing a “bunch of weird tweets” directed at Sixers writers, used an open-source data analysis tool to link five accounts through commonalities including similarities in who the accounts followed and linguistic quirks. 

“They all have a pattern of likes, follows, and tweets which are EXTRAORDINARILY similar,” the source wrote in a direct message on Twitter. For example, the source explained, all five follow accounts tied to Sixers players, members of the Philly front office, and beat reporters who cover the team; Toronto Raptors writers; Canadian high school basketball; and University of Chicago basketball. They discuss the same topics, use strikingly similar phrasing, and, at times, have tweeted out identical media images. Some of those shared attributes were odd, such as a distaste for beards and “unknown sources.” According to the source’s findings, the three newest accounts followed 75 accounts in common—roughly half of their total respective follows—with another 52 accounts followed by two of the three. (The Ringer was unable to verify those numbers, but they seem to track with our analysis.)

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

Machine learning is a mother****er. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There is just no way Colangelo is the only one doing this.  He's too dumb to come up with anything on his own.

I have to know if Ernie Grunfeld is doing this too.

I think my favorite tweet out of all of them is the one complaining about how people were quoting Sam Hinkie's team building manifesto from when he got fired and that he, "could not get pass [sic] the first page..."

:rofl89:

Edited by stevemcqueen1

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There is just no way Colangelo is the only one doing this.  He's too dumb to come up with anything on his own.

I have to know if Ernie Grunfeld is doing this too.

I think my favorite tweet out of all of them is the one complaining about how people were quoting Sam Hinkie's team building manifesto from when he got fired and that he, "could not get pass [sic] the first page..."

:rofl89:

Ernie probably no. 

Ted 100% lurks Twitter and probably RealGM too. 

Figured they'd find a way to **** themselves in the ass. You don't intentionally suck for years and then get good without some kind of final destination ****.... Or your own stupidity striking back with a vengeance.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

He was a real dick about Nerlens Noel, but the kid is gone from Philly.  The stuff he said about Embiid is utterly damning.  The claims in the article are going to be verified, people will realize that Colangelo lied again when he called Embiid to say he didn't do it, and he'll be fired immediately.

I think the funniest outcome of all would be if they hired Hinkie back as the next GM.

8 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Because the NFL is the only sport without fully guaranteed contracts.

Thank God, otherwise we wouldn't of been able to get Haynesworth out of here, that was a $100 million contract, remember?

On 5/28/2018 at 11:34 PM, Renegade7 said:

@RonArtest15  Can we change the title of the thread to "2018-2019 NBA Offseason Thread", now?  This has sweep written all over it, why even bother?  To see LeBron get an MVP despite not winning a single game?  How thrilling, can't wait...to see it on ESPN Classic while I do other **** with my life.

I think it will be a gentleman's sweep for the Warriors. 

Still can't believe the Rockets laid that egg.  SMH

21 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

I think it will be a gentleman's sweep for the Warriors. 

Still can't believe the Rockets laid that egg.  SMH

Possible, though LeBron needed Kyrie going Nova as well to pull off that game in Cleveland they won last year (If I remember they were scoring at some historic type pace).  At least Love is back.