Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nothing like watching that punk ass baby Westbrook lose. 

It's gotta be brand damaging that this is being done to him by an amazing rookie and a Euro.... Both smaller guys. Especially after he had his whole self affirmation thing at that press conference.

He is going to age terribly in this league.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You dropped a game to a broke down ass Spurs team.

I mean, I don't know, man, cat got tired of playing with the mouse and it got away for second, that's what it looks like to me.  If Warriors show that same level of disinterest in the next round with Curry back, that's different.  

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's no surprise to me.  All that flashy, flamboyant talent that OKC has could never match the grit and get-it-doneness of a team led by Ricky Rubio and Joe Ingles and Jonas Jerebko and David Stockton.

Think I over-estimated OKC more then underestimated Utah.  That try hard stuff can only get you so far, but can totally take people out if their opponent doesn't come correct.

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, I don't know, man, cat got tired of playing with the mouse and it got away for second, that's what it looks like to me.  If Warriors show that same level of disinterest in the next round with Curry back, that's different.  

Dubs threw that game for two reasons.

1) respect for Pop, Manu, Parker, etc...

2) burn a game to get Curry more recovery time after the Pelican sweep.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Dubs threw that game for two reasons.

1) respect for Pop, Manu, Parker, etc...

2) burn a game to get Curry more recovery time after the Pelican sweep.

Seriously, it was like watching somebody with their hand on the electric chair switch and checking their facebook app first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've never seen a more disinterested great team than this year's Warriors. It's absolutely fascinating, and it makes me think that this team has maybe one more year as currently constructed before they shed everything that is not Curry/Durant and go with a more conventional two star approach moving forward. Year One, they wanted the title. Year two, they wanted the wins record and burned themselves out. Year three, they wanted to erase the taste from failing in Year Two and they had Durant on board. This year, everyone seems to be looking for a reason to get excited. They know they can to the WCF by sleepwalking. And if they reach the Finals, they will be a massive favorite. 

Their entire season is going to be about one season with Houston, assuming Houston gets there, which they should.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I underestimated Utah because I thought young inexperienced players weren't reliable in the playoffs.  This first round is making me question that belief.  

Them and Boston making going young look like a viable option. I dont know if it's the players or the coaching though. Likely a bit of both 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Them and Boston making going young look like a viable option. I dont know if it's the players or the coaching though. Likely a bit of both 

Good question. 

I've gone on record about my respect for Stevens, but think Snyder is underrated more I think about it.  On flip side, Sixers coach is dense and sounds like a character from Goodfellas, they wouldn't be there (1st time in playoffs and damn near getting a sweep) if it wasn't for the talent they got during the process and their new GM deciding to build around it instead of trying to get more lottery picks. 

Sixers coach is going to get axed so they can get to next level, its only a matter of time.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I've never seen a more disinterested great team than this year's Warriors. It's absolutely fascinating, and it makes me think that this team has maybe one more year as currently constructed before they shed everything that is not Curry/Durant and go with a more conventional two star approach moving forward. Year One, they wanted the title. Year two, they wanted the wins record and burned themselves out. Year three, they wanted to erase the taste from failing in Year Two and they had Durant on board. This year, everyone seems to be looking for a reason to get excited. They know they can to the WCF by sleepwalking. And if they reach the Finals, they will be a massive favorite. 

Their entire season is going to be about one season with Houston, assuming Houston gets there, which they should.

I think they feel a lot of pressure to repeat, but the biggest obstacle has been injuries.  Injuries took the wind out of their sails and made them mortal in the regular season for the first time in three years.

You know all of them have to feel like **** physically, and losing Curry for as long as they did was very deflating.  It robbed them of their identity.

Even with Durant getting hurt for an extended period of time last season, they were very lucky injury-wise three straight years.  We're not used to seeing them deal with adversity, frankly.

40 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Pouring one out for my homie @Mr. Sinister on this one.  Hate that you had to be the first victim to this abomination, fam, damn.

I'm not upset. Not much to be upset about. Been a long time since we were in a series where it was like there wasn't a damn thing that could be done.  Not since sticks' Dad.

Oh well... I'm just glad #3 was back in a Heat jersey. If this is it,  you were a true Road Warrior, sir.

giphy.gif

• Like 1