Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

It's unlikely they beat Utah two more times... but at least theirs still hope for the second round iso basketball battle.  Don't tell me you don't want to see last years MVP battle this years in a over dribbling contest.  

Need more Playoff P

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

He's elite but is fighting to get treated like one on the national level.  

I guess this is the fundamental question.  I don't think he's as good as Curry, Lebron, Durrant, Harden, or Westbrook (I'd also now put Davis in there, but he's more recent and so he doesn't have the national attention, though I think that'll start to change now.).  To me, those are the NBA elite.  He's in that next tier (and I'm not sure he's even at the top of that next tier Is Wall better than Giannis, Leonard, etc.?).  And so I wouldn't expect him to make as much off advertising as the elite guys.

From there, I think Chris Paul has slipped a notch, but I think Paul was better than him and was better than Wall is now (Paul was the best PG in the league for a while and should have won an MVP).  There are another set of guys, like Wade, that were also better than Wall is now.  So there is some residual from when those guys were better.

Then you have Kyrie where the attention he gets is due to his performance in the NBA finals.  Making the game winning shot of the last game of an NBA championship is going to raise your Q value no matter what market you play in.

I guess I'd ask who is getting bigger advertising dollars than Wall where you think Wall should have gotten that contract? 

The only person that I see in national commercial where Wall might be better than him is Paul George, and I seriously doubt that George got that contract because the people at Gatorade thought that Indy was a bigger/better market than Wizards.  (Coming off that year where they took Miami to 7 games, and Indiana was going to be Paul's team there was a lot of talk that Paul was going to make that step into elite category.  I think that helped his endorsement deals even though he never took that step up IMO.) 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ll give Brick his due...That was a hellacious comeback.  

PG doesn’t need any props from me, he’s a monster.

Yeah, it was that sort of performance in the playoffs that made him a star.

So do you start Melo if you are OK or do you go with the lineup that lead the come back?

6 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

So do you start Melo if you are OK or do you go with the lineup that lead the come back?

In all honesty he probs should've been coming off the bench from the start thus season. He has been a failed experiment in OKC.

11 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Start him.  If he misses his first couple of looks, pull him and give those looks to “Playoff P”.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Questionable for game 1!!!

You should take one for the team and find a way to absorb the rest of his ankle damage so he can be at full strength. 

Not like yours will ever heal anyway...

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can't do nothing with Giannis 8n the paint. Starting to get away from Boston

Damn I'm slow tonight lol. No wonder Des' post seemed weird af. So preoccupied with the draft I'm  just now realizing this **** was a reshowing. Getting so used to these incredibly late games. Time to go sit in the corner ?

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Can't do nothing with Giannis 8n the paint. Starting to get away from Boston

Damn I'm slow tonight lol. No wonder Des' post seemed weird af. So preoccupied with the draft I'm  just now realizing this **** was a reshowing. Getting so used to these incredibly late games. Time to go sit in the corner ?

Look at this, the first step of this euro step move lands behind the free throw line and he still ends up releasing his layup at the rim.  That's just not fair.

• Like 2

^ I saw that. Watching him move on the court reminds me a lot of Randy Moss, where it didn't really look like he was running all that fast, but everyone else was always going by him like reflectors on the highway in a 70 mph zone. Like, you see him one second, and you see some crazy ****,  and he's off somewhere else on the court in a blink, and youre left wondering what just happened, like you just experienced missing time

31 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Softest LeBron/Cavs team ever. 

Been saying it all year.  Dude is pinned to the ground right now but if somebody doesn't put a pike through his heart like the vampire he is, he just gonna keep throwing people off of him.  That team is in check, not checkmate, somebody needs to do it and stop talking about it already.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Been saying it all year.  Dude is pinned to the ground right now but if somebody doesn't put a pike through his heart like the vampire he is, he just gonna keep throwing people off of him.  That team is in check, not checkmate, somebody needs to do it and stop talking about it already.

Hard to see them losing a game 7 in Cleveland, but I'm not with those analysts who say it won't happen for no other reason than it's took difficult for them to accept. 

This team is garbage, and they were never making it to the Finals. They may not even make the ECF. The Pacers are straight up tomato cans, and they are getting whatever they want, if they can make it.

• Like 1