Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

People act like they've never seen a game winner before. LeBron's is the best ever because he hit a first round shot? No.

For me the argument is about his full resume -- 15 years of mileage and he is still this good - that's unreal, honestly, that is the best argument for him being the best ever, not one shot. He is DRAGGING this team right now, in year 15. Outstanding.

A bit more research, LeBron is already 18th all time in minutes played ahead of Vince Carter who came into the league in the 1990s. Not that 33 is super ancient but with that kind of mileage, to be able to still drag teams night in and night out is unreal. Led the league in VORP in season 15. That to me is what I think is the argument for him being the best ever and it's very very valid (and also why I think guys like Kareem get under-appreciated to an extent).

10 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

For me the argument is about his full resume -- 15 years of mileage and he is still this good - that's unreal, honestly, that is the best argument for him being the best ever, not one shot. 

Oh, no, not this again.

Jordan was older then LeBron is now and still ripping the NBA to shreds, he left because he wanted to, not because his body was done.  Credit to LeBron's longevity, but a lot of records he's passing Jordan on is from from Jordan being out for two seasons as well.  If Jordan doesn't "*cough, get suspended for gambling" for two seasons, does anyone really believe he doesn't win 8 straight championships?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He swelling up on somebody? I pray for a devastating body slam

I'm paying for cable and can't find whatever channel his Chickenhawk lookin *** is on TV.  Dude wanted to be "The Man", now is, and going nowhere.  PG gonna leave, Melo is done, KD got sick of him.  He's the LeBron of the West, which doesn't work in the West (Too many good teams).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm paying for cable and can't find whatever channel his Chickenhawk lookin *** is on TV.  Dude wanted to be "The Man", now is, and going nowhere.  PG gonna leave, Melo is done, KD got sick of him.  He's the LeBron of the West, which doesn't work in the West (Too many good teams).

Except not close to as good??

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

Except not close to as good??

Nope, that's what makes it even worse, but that's what that reminds me of.  He's out here trying to mark his territory in OKC, but you can't Lone Ranger in the West.  Maybe in the East, but not in the West.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Budenholzer got fired.  Damn.  Wishing we hadn't given Scotty Brooks all that money and all those years right about now.

Who does Atlanta think they're going to get that's better?

Outside of the fact we have to give Brooks that money anyway, what's to stop us from firing him and going after Budenholzer?  That would be a franchise saving hire for us.

Okay, so what's the catch?  Coach of the Year to Unemployeed in three years?  What happened?

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Outside of the fact we have to give Brooks that money anyway, what's to stop us from firing him and going after Budenholzer?  That would be a franchise saving hire for us.

Brooks is here to stay.  There is no way in the world Ted will eat his salary AND pay another top level coach like Budenholzer.  Ted is... thrifty.  One of the league's thriftiest owners.  Pretty sure it wasn't just loyalty explaining why he held Randy Whittman and Ernie Grunfeld so long.

• Sad 1