Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

DWade yanks a guy by the arm and ends up throwing him to the ground, during a play to stop him from rotating on defense... announcers spend the entire review period discussing if the guy who got tossed to the ground took a swipe at Wade on the way down.  Theorize the guy that got tossed to the ground would get called for a flagrant.  Saint Wade can do no wrong.

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The Sixers have vaulted up the charts in terms of things I hate in sports, maybe life in general.  But you're right, you're going to lose this series.  

It's whatever. Had to have gm 1 to push this to 7 in my mind, anyway, and even then, I wasn't counting on a W in Philly. They're a 3 for a reason. Too many late wasted possessons and too much Embiid.

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

WTF has happened to Portland?

51 minutes ago, Destino said:

Lillard, Beal, and KAT are competing for most disappointing individual playoff performance.  

Hard to put Beal in that list when we all saw it coming months ago.  Lillard and KAT should be ashamed of themselves, just get rid of every mirror in the house, how can they look at it right now?

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's whatever. Had to have gm 1 to push this to 7 in my mind, anyway, and even then, I wasn't counting on a W in Philly. They're a 3 for a reason. Too many late wasted possessons and too much Embiid.

You still trust Pat and Spoelstra to get ya'll back to contention?  Respect for getting there with what you had, but damn, ya'll didn't look like ya'll belong on the same court at times.

12 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I told y'all that Pelicans series was a wrap. They beat the **** out of them tonight. ??

Part of me wants them to keep Cousins to see how far they can get with that, but nah, I'd rather him in DC : )

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They got better after Cousins went down.  A Cousins for Beal or Porter straight up swap probably makes both teams better.

It'd be a desperation move on our part though.  I don't trust Cousins.

I'll be honest, I don't either.  But if we're right, signing him will be worth it.  I wouldn't trade for him.

Curious why you're talking about trading for him, isn't he a free agent at the end of this season?

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll be honest, I don't either.  But if we're right, signing him will be worth it.  I wouldn't trade for him.

Curious why you're talking about trading for him, isn't he a free agent at the end of this season?

Can't afford to sign him.  We don't have any cap space.  We would need New Orleans to sign him and then agree to a swap in December.

• Haha 1

I knew the Pelicans were going to take this series over when their guards destroyed Portland again in Game 2... All season we kept saying that the Pelicans needed better guard play. Well, now they have it and Portland doesn't have a chance.

Oh... I didn't want to trade Beal, but now I'm open to the idea. If only to shake things up. 

I think this article makes a pretty good argument that Townes and Butler playing the way they are playing is seemingly part of some master plan on Thibs' part.

A really really stupid master plan.

https://deadspin.com/seriously-what-the-hell-are-the-minnesota-timberwolves-1825387187

Also, I'm trying to figure out what year I will allow myself to become fully invested in Embiid. Because the dude is unreal, but I expect him to miss 60 games next year.

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You still trust Pat and Spoelstra to get ya'll back to contention?  Respect for getting there with what you had, but damn, ya'll didn't look like ya'll belong on the same court at times.

I accept my fate... 

vH1ah3W.gif

The last 17 months have been very wtf. Don't know how I feel at the moment. One thing is perfectly clear. This **** with Whiteside was grossly miscalculated. Nothing they can do now, because I wouldn't trade used oxygen for the dude, and there are so many bad contracts on the books, I'm not sure what else there is to do but ride it out, and try to start over.

52 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Also, I'm trying to figure out what year I will allow myself to become fully invested in Embiid. Because the dude is unreal, but I expect him to miss 60 games next year.

I am more worried about Boston. Simmons is great, but is more facilitator for now. Fultz needs work. The real threat is Embiid, and he is a China doll.

Plus, with all his yapping, they protect him like Queen Amadala, which is hilarious, and you know it's getting to him. You can already see signs of this identity crisis via that social media rant, which probably caused him to come back earlier than he was supposed to, which only serves to increase the odds of him (and the organization, which is obviously still very stupid, caving to what was clearly public pressure, and not doctors advice) doing something reckless. Tick tock.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

WTF has happened to Portland?

Anthony Davis is amazing.

Basketball is so much better with ridiculously talented big men dominating in the playoffs. 

Watching James Harden run into people is not enjoyable. Neither is watching Steph Curry lob 3s.

• Thanks 1