Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

They're no ordinary 8th seed. They will have to put them down hard. And they will.

Ya, noted this ain't normal earlier.  That's still disturbing.  I'm not sure what you mean by putting them down hard, they look like they are surviving them at home, that might not be the case when this heads back to Target Center.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, noted this ain't normal earlier.  That's still disturbing.  I'm not sure what you mean by putting them down hard, they look like they are surviving them at home, that might not be the case when this heads back to Target Center.

I mean that they won't cakewalk their way to a series win. no natural state, just messing around playing with themselves. Final Form.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean that they won't cakewalk their way to a series win. no natural state, just messing around playing with themselves. Final Form.

I feel you.  I haven't watched Houston play enough to say that was or wasn't them playing to their capability.  Harden definitely did, which is a great sign for them.

28 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The one really interesting result was that Pacers win, because good god. But even that is a "wait and see" for now.

With the starters on the floor the Pacers had Bagdonavic as Lebron's primary defender.  That reads like a suicidal game plan, but somehow it worked.  

I fully expect the Pacers to do that again and for Lebron to score 40+.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sixers missed 29 threes and had Wade turn back the clock and still had a chance to win the game.

#process

Ya, but who's idea was it to throw up 36 3-pointers to begin with?  That's more then the Warriors did just a couple hours later.

They missed because their attempts were better contested. It wasnt some magical concept. They're not the Warriors. Generally when a team wants to take that many 3 pt shots,  the numbers are not in their favor anyways. 

Aside from that second half shelling, where the Sixers were able to get what they wanted, the Heat have controlled the pace of this series. 

Gonna have to break out them canopic jars...

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Curious to see how they're gonna go about dealing Kawhi. No way he's coming back.

Their seemingly infallible front office will be tested.  No NBA team gets equal value on disgruntled stars, and Kawhi value has likely taken a big hit.  Potential trade partners have been left to wonder if he has a mysterious injury that the Spurs excellent medical staff simply can't find evidence of, which is alarming, or has he simply decide to be over cautious at the expense of his team?  Neither answer inspires confidence and Kawhi's people aren't rushing to provide any reassurances.  

I will say that "chalk" in the West doesn't mean all that much since every team from 3-8 is basically the same. It would not stun me if any of the lower seeds won there, because the seeding is basically just a matter of luck at this point.

Isn't Indy 5-1 against Cleveland at this point? That seems significant.

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@Lombardi's_kid_brother called it, I don't why people keep doing this to themselves.  Process that.

Everyone's analysis in the playoffs is, "Whatever happened yesterday is going to keep happening until it stops."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1