Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Thought I saw this correctly.. lol

I noticed that one live too.  I mentioned it to my wife who responded with "mm-hmm yeah" while shopping on amazon.  How can they miss a guy pump fake and then take a side step?  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

How that L taste sin?

You'll find out in a few weeks :806:

Didn't see that one coming. I feel so dirty being the Super Tank guinea pig. This was a disaster, and it will only get worse with Embiid coming back. Gotta show up.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I feel so dirty being the Super Tank guinea pig. 

Ya'll wasn't joking about that AI learning on the fly stuff.  It's one game, but it looks like they skipped that "pay your dues" part of the process after halftime.  Sheesh.

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya'll wasn't joking about that AI learning on the fly stuff.  It's one game, but it looks like they skipped that "pay your dues" part of the process after halftime.  Sheesh.

Just started hoping someone would NBA Jam heat check the next dude that tried to shoot a 3. No one in the Eastern conference cab beat them if they play like that. Embiid back down low will just make it worse. Seriously, wtf. At what point do they just kill Brown and coach the team themselves, attaching  Red Ribbon patches to their jerseys?

Edited by Mr. Sinister

37 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just started hoping someone would NBA Jam heat check the next dude that tried to shoot a 3. No one in the Eastern conference cab beat them if they play like that. Embiid back down low will just make it worse. Seriously, wtf. At what point do they just kill Brown and coach the team themselves, attaching  Red Ribbon patches to their jerseys?

That whole situation just feels too good to be true, and it's still only one game.  But they can make up for possibly losing Embiid by doing something crazy like stealing that coach for Villanova. My feelings on them tanking to get where they are won't matter after something like that.  They went 1-3 against Brad Stevens this year, so that tells me they can still be out-coached (if you have weapons as well).  It's why we need to stop playing games and get a quality center, we still have threats even if LeBron leaves the East, but that's what's holding us back more then anything else right now.

Oh no... LeBron to Philly? : /

Looking like the future is now with Davis/Embiid/Simmons/Giannis.  Thought it was going to be a minute before they started running the league.

What I can't figure out is why soooo many people were so high on Portland this year, and in this series in particular.  The pundits were acting like New Orleans had no chance... against a team that won one more game than them.  They've got the best player in the series by far.

I also don't get why so many people thought OKC and Utah were evenly matched.  Utah is good and they've got a good coach, but OKC has a transcendent player plus a pretty damn good supporting cast around him.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It's possible.  But I just have a hard time seeing LeBron leave Cleveland again.  I think he's going to try and pull off something crazy there.

And I think that Nets pick might play a key role.  And if it's a top two pick, I think the Wizards should open up themselves up for business with the Cavs.

With everything on the table.

Also want to say that I think Poppovich is going to retire within the next year or two.

The thing I fear most about this postseason is that the 76ers will look completely at home and all of their stars will shine and Fultz will break out and we'll know for certain that any chance of the league/conference opening up in a post-LeBron window has completely closed.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

This doesn’t anger me in the slightest.

Can you imagine how much it would hurt to see Wall making a Finals trip with LeBron in Cleveland?

But if it meant Donkic or Ayton, in return, you have to pull the trigger.  We can't compete with what is happening in Philly.

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Can you imagine how much it would hurt to see Wall making a Finals trip with LeBron in Cleveland?

But if it meant Donkic or Ayton, in return, you have to pull the trigger.  We can't compete with what is happening in Philly.

I’d be very happy for John.  I think he’s a great kid.

But...you’re absolutely right.  The Wall/Beal/Porter “big 3” has been processed.  There’s no compelling reason to keep it together for any real length of time.  Wall is aging rapidly, Beal is a B-level 2 guard at best and Otto is a solid complimentary guy that will never even sniff a second max deal.

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That whole situation just feels too good to be true, and it's still only one game.  But they can make up for possibly losing Embiid by doing something crazy like stealing that coach for Villanova. My feelings on them tanking to get where they are won't matter after something like that.  They went 1-3 against Brad Stevens this year, so that tells me they can still be out-coached (if you have weapons as well).  It's why we need to stop playing games and get a quality center, we still have threats even if LeBron leaves the East, but that's what's holding us back more then anything else right now.

I dont think they need LeBron, and like I said earlier in the season when it was talked about, I think he would hinder the development of Simmons and the other youngins with his playstyle. Unless he completely Commited to a true SF/ PF role. Which he wont. And he probably shouldnt. His athleticism hasn't suffered enough yet to make that transition.

It is funny though how he's all buddy buddy with Simmons right now though. Classic type of dude that likes you when he considers himself above you. Oh, don't challenge him, though. Don't even tweak him. He'll hate you forever. Unless we somehow make a dramatic turnaround, that relationship is gonna change in a few weeks.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The thing I fear most about this postseason is that the 76ers will look completely at home and all of their stars will shine and Fultz will break out and we'll know for certain that any chance of the league/conference opening up in a post-LeBron window has completely closed.

Meh, it wouldn't hurt that much. Wall balled out for us but we never got close. I'm not gonna hate on him if we trade him and he balls out and wins a ring somewhere else. He's already a top 5 at least all time great Bullet/Wizard.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I would trade Wall for a top two pick this year.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.  Rather us try to get a quality center before saying our current core can't compete with the future of the East. We went 2-1 against Philly with one of those being without Wall and Embiid playing.

I get that there's no room for loyalty in the NBA business, but trading Wall right now would make me sick and my view of our franchise would change dramatically.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I think Simmons is under his sports agency or something which is why they are so buddy buddy. 

I mean, Paul Bearer did turn on the Undertaker once, and side with Kane....

Simmons stardom is gonna attract a lot of people. Bron's feelings won't be able to handle it. Watch. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I still want to see Lebron just become a mercenary here at the last stage of his career. He has no need for money. Just continue to take smaller one year deals and go to whatever team you want that offseason. This year he goes to Houston and gets them a ring. Next year he goes to Philly. The following year Minnesota etc. he loads up on rings and franchises saved. Would be unbelievable to see. 

I want to see him do something that’s never been done before. That would be a crazy close to his hall of fame career. Taking 3-4 more teams to the promised land 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I still want to see Lebron just become a mercenary here at the last stage of his career. He has no need for money. Just continue to take smaller one year deals and go to whatever team you want that offseason. This year he goes to Houston and gets them a ring. Next year he goes to Philly. The following year Minnesota etc. he loads up on rings and franchises saved. Would be unbelievable to see. 

I want to see him do something that’s never been done before. That would be a crazy close to his hall of fame career. Taking 3-4 more teams to the promised land 

That'd be amusing but I think he wants one last city to stay in for the rest of his career.