Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

• 2 weeks later...

So the Mavs have to regret trading for Kyrie Irving right?  I mean damn they look like ass.  The lost to the Hornets in consecutive games as double digit favorites, they were -16 and -12.5 and lost both.  Doncic and Irving are basically both point guards, I don't see how that is advantageous to the team.  

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

So the Mavs have to regret trading for Kyrie Irving right?  I mean damn they look like ass.  The lost to the Hornets in consecutive games as double digit favorites, they were -16 and -12.5 and lost both.  Doncic and Irving are basically both point guards, I don't see how that is advantageous to the team.  

Terrible fit and Kyrie isn’t durable. 

Kyrie is going to walk this off season. Mark Cuban is terrible. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

And the Hornets are without Rozier, Oubre, and Ball lol.

https://sports.yahoo.com/adam-silver-says-nba-intends-to-opt-out-of-cba-if-friday-deadline-not-met-nbpa-calls-decision-disappointing-230504606.html

For example, the Golden State Warriors spent nearly $350 million in salary and luxury tax last season en route to winning the NBA championship. The salary cap last season was $112.4 million. Per AP, the Warriors are spending $360 million this season, nearly four times as much as the San Antonio Spurs and three times the Memphis Grizzlies.

The NBA is curbing the ability of the highest-spending teams, such as the Golden State Warriors and the LA Clippers, to continue running up salary and luxury tax spending while still maintaining mechanisms to add talent to the roster. The NBA is implementing a second salary cap apron -- $17.5 million over the tax line -- and those teams will no longer have access to the taxpayer mid-level in free agency. Those changes will be eased into the salary cap over a period of years.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/36025332/nba-nbpa-agree-new-7-year-collective-bargaining-agreement

I'm curious, other than KD for 3 seasons, what big FA contract did the Dubs hand out? 

Look at their current team. All the big contracts are guys they drafted (,except Wiggins who the Wolves threw away with a #1 pick for D'Angelo).  

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors//cap

And believe me I'm for a much harder cap in the NBA and MLB. But I do think teams should also not be punished for drafting well. 

It's also interesting looking at actual team payrolls and not the inflated payroll with luxury tax for this year. I suspect a lot of the top teams will be affected.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/

Edited by The Evil Genius

I don't have any issues with how the Warriors have done business since they drafted well, like TEG mentioned....my issue is with teams like the Lakers (essentially wherever Lebron goes), Nets, or Clippers trying to buy championships via superteams.

Alternatively, I also have an issue with teams tanking and then becoming feeder teams for the bigger market teams.

Edited by Barry.Randolphe

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

why does if it matter how a team is assembled? You have a problem with teams using a legal and fair way to improve?

because it leads to a lack of parity in the league....small market teams being used as feeder teams due to the ****ty cap rules. I hate seeing the same teams compete every year because they can outspend everyone else. Reward teams that build through the draft where it takes skill to find specific talent to fill out your team - the Wizards are a prime example of blowing this every year despite having plenty of chances of finding good talent with top 15 picks.