Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

sitting out what is essentially a playoff game while physically ok, doesn’t speak well for this guy.  I get that he wants to be in a better mental place before coming back but the schedule says win or go home and his body is fine.  If this were a regular season thing it wouldn’t matter but it’s not.  

• Haha 1

This league sucks because starpower willingly sits out elimination games and is enabled by the union and coaches

If you are fully healthy why the **** aren't you playing?

I'm not discounting mental health or none of that, I understand mental health, I do. It's important to be sane and mental health has taken a stand in the league of late. Heck a Rays player went on the DL for 15 days for depression because he didn't feel right.

But Zion is 100% healthy.

He can play.

WHY THE **** IS HE NOT PLAYING TONIGHT?

go out there and dunk son. entertain the people

6 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Vividly remember 1984 Riggins repeatedly laying in traction all week so he could gut out 25 carries on Sunday during the playoff stretch.

Different times…

two of the league's pivotal moments were the late willis reed literally getting injured and then hobbling out there in the finals to play and play well

same with paul pierce being wheeled out in a wheelchair and then later coming back to play

the fact that zion could not play today is ridiculous being fully healthy, but then again he hasn't played since january 2nd lol

Also a reminder Michael Jordan had the flu in game 5 and literally played in Utah to push them to the brink of elimination

You’d think a guy that’s only played 114 games out of 328 in his NBA career would be eager to show his team they can at least count on him in the post season when he’s healthy.  Imagine being his teammate knowing this guy that never plays and makes far more than you do, is just choosing to skip a play in game because he’s not comfortable mentally.  Meanwhile if a guy making 10 million a year did the same thing the team would immediately suspend him and lose their collective minds.  

11 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Vividly remember 1984 Riggins repeatedly laying in traction all week so he could gut out 25 carries on Sunday during the playoff stretch.

Different times…

Pat Mahomes was out there running for first downs on one leg.  The difference isn’t so much era as it is guaranteed contracts.  NBA max players just do whatever the hell they want.  Zion is simply the latest example.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

You’d think a guy that’s only played 114 games out of 328 in his NBA career would be eager to show his team they can at least count on him in the post season when he’s healthy.  Imagine being his teammate knowing this guy that never plays and makes far more than you do, is just choosing to skip a play in game because he’s not comfortable mentally.  Meanwhile if a guy making 10 million a year did the same thing the team would immediately suspend him and lose their collective minds.  

If I ate Krispy Kreme every day I'd honestly be in a good place, mentally.

• Haha 3

I mean I get it.  It doesn't come off very well though but I get it.

He hasn't played for 3 months.  He has no chemistry with these guys.  He may not even be in cardio shape for a game.  We all know that practice cannot simulate a real game.  If he played it would probably be on a minutes restriction too.  If he played, when he's out there, that means someone else that could potentially be helping more, is on the bench.

There is definitely potential that he does more harm than good out there so I get it.  But yeah, it kind of comes off poorly.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

That call on the 3 point shot by Siakam was horrible, he wasn't even close to shooting.  Thankfully didn't hurt the Bulls.  What a comeback.

I expected the Bulls to be better this year with LaVine, DeRozan and Vucevic.  I think they can beat the Heat.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

LOL at Demar's daughter getting into

their heads. 

But I fundamentally don't believe that shrieking does impact a free throw.

https://bleacherreport.com/videos/428803-demars-kid-screams-at-raptors

Edit - Omg, there's more?: https://bleacherreport.com/videos/428867-diar-derozan-is-the-real-mvp

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why are Kuzma and Dimmwiddie beefin

Dimwittie was absolutely loathed by his teammates while in DC and won't stop chirpin about us...Kuzma has right to defend his teammates while both teams sit at home right now...

That was a good game. They showed all the Thunder first rounders earlier. As long as they don't completely screw those picks up they will be competing for a Western conference championship in 2-3 years. Plus maybe Holmgren amounting to something. 

I think the Timberwolves beat them Friday though.

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

NBA drama is the best drama, bar none. It’s like two steps above the WWE, and while the WWE is scripted, this ain’t. 

this isn't even anything compared to the angel reese drama

nba drama is asinine and spoken of ad nauseum on espn and first take. focus on the game, fellas