Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't remember, did he just not want to be a Wizard?

I don't remember why, but that's always been my interpretation.  No one wanted to be here.  You have to remember how horrible we were in 2012.  Plus when has Ernie ever been any kind of salesman?  We've been to the playoffs four out of the last five years and I'm still not sure we could draw any star talent from outside the organization, even if we had the cap space.

Supposedly we came close on Horford, but one season of a washed up Paul Pierce and two anchor contracts of Marcin Gortat and Ian Mahinmi are the biggest free agents we've actually been able to sign since Gungate.  We're a mom and pop franchise with a tiny fanbase and zero outside appeal.

46 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You guys wouldn't have wanted Harden anyway in hindsight because he would have become the best player and there is some odd fascination with the Wizards having to be "Wall's team"

I'm the only one that feels that way about this being his  teamhere because he earned it, imo, no need to come after other Wizards fans about that. 

If the Harden happened and he developed into the player he is today, I don't believe it gets to the point of the conversation we're having right now.  Wall is our best player, the offense is built around him, and he cares more about the fanbase then any other member in the entire franchise. 

I don't expect everyone to feel that way, but I do.

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

One factor had to be regarding taxes in texas vs dc

Valid, but I always roll my eyes when the state tax thing comes up in regards to muliti-millionaires.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Do you remember Ryan (Gatorbait)?  He knew someone in the Wizards FO who told him James Harden wouldn't work out an extension with us.  He agreed to an extension with the Rockets when they traded for him.  That's what killed any chance of us dealing for him.

One, failing to attract stars is still on the GM.  Second, I'm not sure I believe that.  It's just as likely to be an excuse for a course altering massive screw up.  

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Supposedly we came close on Horford, but one season of a washed up Paul Pierce and two anchor contracts of Marcin Gortat and Ian Mahinmi are the biggest free agents we've actually been able to sign since Gungate.  We're a mom and pop franchise with a tiny fanbase and zero outside appeal.

Stars that aren't declining rarely switch teams.  Most teams haven't signed a current allstar in free agency.  

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

So what drills do think Lebron did to develop his clutch gene?

(nosuchthingasclutch)

He's playing with house money for the rest of his career after winning Cleveland a trophy.  He's just playing basketball now and the game is incredibly slow for him.  He's mature Neo from the Matrix.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Embiid sure does talk a lot for a guy who’s played 50 games in 3 Years.

I've got to admit, I'm not a huge fan of his act.  He's a monstrous talent, but I'm actually looking forward to the period in his career when he goes from media darling to underachieving villain before he finally wins his ring(s).

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've got to admit, I'm not a huge fan of his act.  He's a monstrous talent, but I'm actually looking forward to the period in his career when he goes from media darling to underachieving villain before he finally wins his ring(s).

He has yet to find the last jar. Until then, he will be the happy go lucky priest with corpse legs.

Oh, dude, I just flipped to the Cavs-Raptos game, I just don't understand the Raptors.  Everybody on that team is afraid of LeBron's shadow.

Image result for afraid of shadow

I'd like to see them with a different coach.  Casey ain't getting through to them when it matters.  Their entire starting 5 is in the negative right now.

Edited by Renegade7