Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

28 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Does anyone on this site like any chain restaurant?

Yes but it can't be admitted or else public/internet shame 

24 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I will unleash the Kraken at a Waffle House.

Waffle House is a glorified truck stop. Get your breakfast 24/7 and hey it comes with a nice side of hepatitis.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

40 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I will unleash the Kraken at a Waffle House.

Yes.  Let me get those hashbrowns smoothered, covered, capped, and topped, please. Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Waffle House is a glorified truck stop. Get your breakfast 24/7 and hey it comes with a nice side of hepatitis.

Image result for haters ball

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I remember going there a couple of times, the joint was always packed, long wait times and parking sucked (one in CLT was at South Park Mall).  Food was good, average, nothing to hate on, but certainly not worth the wait or price for what you got, imo.  One of the most over-rated places.  

I've only been to one twice and that was my experience too.  It was packed and I don't remember anything about the food at all.  But I think it's cool that a bunch of NBA jocks like the place.  I didn't know the restaurants were so popular before reading that article.  It sounds like it's a comfort thing, which makes sense for young guys who are traveling constantly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I didn't listen to the audio but I will assume he's joking.  

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

Everyone on the internet hates chain restaurants.  It's a wonder any stay in business.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DM72 said:

Of course I like chain restaurants.  I even responded in my post that I had better cheesecake at Ruby Tuesday's and Chili's, which are chain restaurants.  The point of my post was a ton of people I know made a huge deal about the Cheesecake Factory like it was the bomb place with food and deserts that were on par with some fancy, luxurious restaurant and a must go to place.

And in my experience (and others I know) it was just ok/average food and deserts and nothing special by any means.  Not to mention the long wait times, which baffle me considering there is nothing special about anything on their menu and their prices are higher.  I actually prefer other chain restaurants than Cheesecake Factory cause I think the food and deserts are better and the price is cheaper.

It's all hype that people buy into.  Like they go there and feel duped but continue to hype it up and exaggerate how great it is cause they got duped into thinking it was tons better than it was.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

This is going to sound really bourgeoisie and hipster but I honestly can't remember the last time I ate at a chain restaurant that wasn't a fast food place while I was traveling or just needed ingestible food immediately after I got too distracted or ****ed up to cook.

I went to a Bdubs two years ago for a fantasy football draft but didn't eat any of their disappointing food.  I'm poor and I don't have fancy taste but it's been years since I've paid for the boring ass overpriced food these places sell.  I can cook far better meals than any of these chains and I'm a dilettante in the kitchen.

**** it, I'm a hipster, I don't care if you judge me.  If I spend my money eating out I'm spending it on a bomb ass local place.  If you come to Norfolk, I can direct you to the best restaurants in town and you will never eat at the ****ing Cheesecake Factory again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Steve, you like Phillies off tidewater? Local spots is cool. Send me a pm with a list of some good local joints

No I haven't heard of Phillies before.  I'll have to check it out because that sounds good.  I don't really know anything about the places in central and east Norfolk.  I'm going to send you a PM of some of my favorite places in Ghent and downtown Norfolk.