Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Pending Chicago's belief they have deal to clear cap space, Dwyane Wade is nearing commitment to sign with Bulls, sources tell @TheVertical

Sources: The Bulls are working to complete deals to trade Jose Calderon and Mike Dunleavy to help clear space for Wade.

Its been a crazy FA. Hoping the Wiz call about Dunleavy. The idea of him getting wide open corner 3s off a drive and dish by Wall is intriguing. 

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Career average is 7.5. Kinda low for someone who's spent his entire career playing next to Kevin Durant...

Right, but some of those years Durant was hurt.  Admittedly too lazy to figure out which ones they are.  He has shown he can distribute, though he's a shoot first PG.

What does this mean for Jimmy Butler?

I think Butler's still the man but it's a three guard system.  Rondo is as close to a pass first pg right now, it goes through Butler first then Wade.  I'm assuming Wade knows that it's Butler's team first.  They don't have anymore bigs so I'm assuming they're going to try to attempt some watered down version of what GSW did this year. 

He gets to go home, I guess that's what this accomplishes.  Chicago can compete in a weak East but it's still Cleveland's to lose.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

"We gotta get younger and more athletic"

LOL

Can't wait to scrape a 3-4 seed and get blitzed by LBJ again lol

But the locker room meltdown in January is intriguing enough. Bulls FO is literally the worst ever but hey it's entertaining like an awful B movie

And I still can't believe they ****ing signed Rondo after Hoiberg couldn't even reign in Jimmy last year. Poor Fred. Bulls literally replaced last year's poor fit roster with an even worse fit

OKC won't be able to trade Westbrook for **** unless he's given up on contending for championships during his prim and has his heart set on the Lakers. A Westbrook for Blake Griffin swap would make sense if not for Chris Paul.

Westbrook's best destination in FA next summer is San Antonio and second place is not close.

But if he had a little patience and vision, I like the idea of him going to New Orleans or Detroit. Detroit's team construction and playing style are tailor-made for him to put up gigantic numbers.

If I'm OKC, I pull the trigger on Westbrook for Ingram, Russell, and contract ballast.

And if I'm the Lakers and Westbrook gives assurances he'll sign an extension, I sure as **** pull the trigger on that deal too.

Lakers trade for Westbrook and get him to sign the extension. Sign James Harden when he hits FA.

OKC shortcuts their rebuilding process by acquiring three of the last four #2 overall picks this summer.

This is the most graceful way out of a ****ing horrible situation for them. And LA returns to relevance without having to conduct an actual ground up rebuild.

BTW Anyone else notice how bad the recent history of #2 picks has been after Kevin Durant? It's been a curse to finish second:

08 - Beasley

09 - Thabeet

10 - Turner

11 - DWill

12 - MKG

13 - Oladipo

14 - Parker

15 - Russell

16 - Ingram

Let's hope Ingram is a streak buster.

Anyone thinking the Knicks are kicking themselves in the butts after trading for Rose?  They can't deal him until January, per the rules of the CBA. However, you'd have to think that a package involving Porzingis would have most likely been enough to get a trade done with OKC. 

Waiting until January might be too late for the Westbrook sweepstakes. 

SM - I was reading an article suggesting that Westbrook plays off the ball at the 2-guard if he's traded to LA for Griffin.  Griffin has ties to Oklahoma, so I can see why people are suggesting this deal. 

I still think Minnesota makes the most sense outside of a deal centered around Porzingis. 

SM - I was reading an article suggesting that Westbrook plays off the ball at the 2-guard if he's traded to LA for Griffin.  Griffin has ties to Oklahoma, so I can see why people are suggesting this deal. 

I still think Minnesota makes the most sense outside of a deal centered around Porzingis.

I don't think that'd work. Westbrook is a true point. He has to have the ball in his hands a ton to do his thing.

I don't like Minnesota as a destination for WB. They have appealing young assets to trade and the right coach, but they have zero market draw for luring a second star. And KAT is way too young and far away from being a capable partner to lead a contender for Westbrook.

Westbrook needs to find a team that is ready to go now, or he needs to find a team capable of luring a second star that matches his career window.

If the Lakers trade for Westbrook and get him to sign an extension, then I could see them signing Blake Griffin next summer. That'd be a fantastic tandem.

This won't help...

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick

While you're watching Kelly Ripa, one more nugget: Pat Riley never called Dwyane Wade during the entire process.

Seriously, I feel sick. Embarrassed, angry, etc.

How could you do this to someone who's meant so much to you.

How can some Heat fans ( they're not really fans at all, but thats another story) go after Wade/Gabrielle Union? The wonders of propaganda...

I can't think of a bigger slap in the face in recent memory. Old man pettiness is the sole reason why a guy I've had the joy of watching play since I was a 15 year old kid, is ****ing gone.

That contract crap was just a front.

I don't think that'd work. Westbrook is a true point. He has to have the ball in his hands a ton to do his thing.

I get what you mean, he does need to dominate the ball, but I would disagree that Westbrook is a true point. He most certainly us not a true point guard. Guys like Chris Paul and John Wall are pure point guards. The only reason Westbrook plays the point is because of his size. He's more Allen Iverson and Steph Curry, who are shooting guards in the body of a point guard and forced to play there because coaches are afraid to gave them play the 2. Edited by justice98

I don't like Minnesota as a destination for WB. They have appealing young assets to trade and the right coach, but they have zero market draw for luring a second star. And KAT is way too young and far away from being a capable partner to lead a contender for Westbrook.

Westbrook needs to find a team that is ready to go now, or he needs to find a team capable of luring a second star that matches his career window.

If the Lakers trade for Westbrook and get him to sign an extension, then I could see them signing Blake Griffin next summer. That'd be a fantastic tandem.

KAT, right now, is that second star.  His rookie season was historic, and he'll be even better this upcoming season.  Him and Westbrook would be a dynamic 1-2 punch. 

I am in no way saying he'd be in the WCF next season, but within 2-3 years, I don't think it would be out of the question.

Now, if he was traded to the Knicks, I'd honestly put them as a LEGIT threat to Cleveland. 

Seriously, I feel sick. Embarrassed, angry, etc.

How could you do this to someone who's meant so much to you.

How can some Heat fans ( they're not really fans at all, but thats another story) go after Wade/Gabrielle Union? The wonders of propaganda...

I can't think of a bigger slap in the face in recent memory. Old man pettiness is the sole reason why a guy I've had the joy of watching play since I was a 15 year old kid, is ****ing gone.

That contract crap was just a front.

Yep, I read another article that said what Miami offered was not that far off, almost the same as the Bulls offer because of it not being taxed.  Pat just flat out ran him out of town.  Disrespected him to the point of no return, starting with that initial BS offer of $10 million/yr.  

Not a heat fan, but was always a Wade fan.  Sad to see him play for another team.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro