Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

D would rout A that's no contest NONE!!! A has zero shooters. The Dream has embarrassed Shaq, and pair him with KG front court is a terror in the post and on the defensive end. Jordan vs Wade REALLY? KD Is much better than Carmelo l. CP3 and AI could cancel out but I even like AI THERE AS we'll. score would be something like 130 to like 80 yes that bad.

C would put up a major battle gives D fits for a while. B is a joke.

I would rank D,C,A, and B. C has the best chance to upset A.

• Like 1

Anyway, I'm not participating in a useless topic that doesn't entertain me. lol

But here's a useless topic that I think will be interesting and it's not like we have any games to talk about for the next six days...

Pick a team:

11377118_10152982014891902_6873750742479

D easily. You have outstanding front court offense and defense with KG and Olajuwon(I'm assuming that's Olajuwon in the lower middle, it's a blurry pic) and with Durant Iverson and Jordan you have scoring from all over the floor, although Iverson is a bit of a weaklink. Replace him with someone like...Steve Nash? And it'd be perfect.

The problem with A is your frontcourt is too clogged with Duncan and Shaq. You also have Melo who needs the ball in his hand to be effective.

B is quite mediocre for "dream team" debates. A lot of weak defenders.

C is close to D, I give D the edge because I like their versatility more and I'm not sure how Kobe and Lebron would work together.

I noticed that too. Dirk at the 3.... Eww

And the player you're asking about is AD

I thought that's who it looked like but the picture is blurry. Seems premature to put the brow on there with those other guys no? I see that it's all players from the 90's onward, but they could have used Barkley or Malone for that PF spot instead of Davis.

Melo doesn't belong either. It should have been Pippen or Pierce instead.

And they should have used Stockton or maybe Kidd instead of Iverson for the PG spot on team D.

Actually all of those Franken-lineups. Totally unbalanced. Look at D: three of the greatest finishers ever plus the greatest offensive center since Kareem? That's four of the highest usage players in NBA history... You don't need that many scorers. You'd have Jordan and Durant stuck facilitating for Iverson and Hakeem... Poor KG would only get like two shots a game. And Durant is the only three ball shooter too.

This is how I'd redo A, C, and D to balance them:

A: Phil Jackson's team:

PG: Curry

SG: Jordan

SF: Pippen

PF: Garnett

C: Shaq

C: Coach K's team

PG: CP3

SG: Wade

SF: Durant

PF: Barkley

C: Hakeem

D: Riley's team

PG: Mark Price

SG: Kobe

SF: LeBron

PF: Malone

C: Duncan

Those teams are so much better. That's a real debate too.

A has the GOAT and the most dominant seven footer of the past 40 years. Plus the ultimate glue man, the best three point shooter in NBA history, and one of the best two way PFs in league history.

B has the best all around PG and the best PG since Magic and at SF, the best scorer since Jordan. The best offensive PF and C tandem of the teams by far, plus Wade, an elite two way playmaking guard. Lots of creativity, good defense, and solid shooting.

And C has three of the top ten to twelve players in NBA history plus the best scoring PF in league history and one of the best shooting PGs ever. Good mix of scoring and facilitating there. The passing and PnR game would be incredible. The perimeter shooting would be excellent between Price and Kobe. And the defense would be great everywhere except for whoever Mark Price would end up guarding.

I would redo the 2000's International Dream Team like this:

PG: Nash

SG: Manu

SF: Stojakovic

PF: Dirk

C: Marc Gasol

And that team would actually be awesome. The shooting would be outrageous. Way better than the shooting from any of those other teams. You could get close to 400 threes from Dirk and Peja alone. The team as a whole would shoot over 90% from the FT line. And the ball handling and passing would be ridiculous too. The defense wouldn't be as good as those other teams, but it would be good. Nash was a weak defender but Peja was competent and Dirk was always an underrated defensive player. Manu was an excellent defender and Gasol is dominant. Of all of those groups of players, that's the only one that actually looks like a plausible team.

D. Iverson is a better passer than what people think.

And they have MJ.

AI has more turn overs than assists every single year he played, and in some years it 2/1 for TURNOVERS.

AI was an awful passer.

:lol:

Edited by PeterMP

AI has more turn overs than assists every single year he played, and in some years it 2/1 for TURNOVERS.

AI was an awful passer.

:lol:

Guys who have the ball in their hands all the time have a lot of turnovers, also take into account iverson had awful teams and you get that result

Guys who have the ball in their hands all the time have a lot of turnovers, also take into account iverson had awful teams and you get that result

That's why you look at the ratio.  They have lots chances to make turnovers and assists.

To give you an example, Jason Kid as a rookie on a 36-46 team (a bad team) 607 assists and 250 TO.  That's a ratio of 2.68.  As an NBA rookie.

Iverson had years we had a ratio less than 0.5.

That's bad under any circumstances.

(There are other issues as to why the teams that Iverson played on were appeared "bad" that were related to the way that Iverson played, but that's a longer harder conversation.)

**EDIT**

To look at it another way, Eric Snow, the actual PG on those teams had a ratio normally over 2.  For example, in 2002-2003, he had a ratio of 2.8.  Now, you might say that's because he's passing to Iverson.  The next year, Iverson only plays in 48 games (Snow in 82), his ratio actually goes up to 3.

With those some bad players, he was able to put up more than twice the assits than TOs and when Iverson missed a large chunk of the season, he did even better than the year before.

Edited by PeterMP

Iverson is one of the most overrated players in league history. He was a great scorer  but took 30 shots to get 20 points. A guy like that will never be the centerpiece to a title. Well, Kobe was but he is the exception. Even he was never as much of a volume scorer as A.I. Plus he had Shaq so that helped.

• Like 1

Shouldn't they have waited until after the finals to announce a Gentry was hired to HC the Pelicans?  Seems like an unnecessary distraction on a team about to compete for a championship. 

I thought the same thing.

What if the Warriors decided to promote Kerr and move Gentry into the HC spot ? Would he leave then ?

Silly distraction for a team to have.

Poor choice for whomever decided to make it public knowledge.

In all seriousness, what drunk person put these teams together and why? And why isn't World B. Free involved?

He shares the backcourt on Team E with Meta World Peace.

Edit:

Help will out Team Z:

World B. Free

Metta World Peace

God Shammgod

?

?

Edit 2:

World B. Free

Metta World Peace

God Shammgod

Scientific Mapp

?

Edit 3:

And filling out the roster...

God'sgift Achiuwa

Edited by Dan T.

this delay is killing me

i know LeBron is spending every day charging up his power level.  By Thursday it will be over 9000

You are so desperate to show you're not old aren't you?

Um... the Finals is a 2-2-1-1-1 format this year? I didn't know that. That changes everything for me.

Warriors in FIVE!

The way it should've been the moment teams got private planes.

• Like 1