Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Kyrie's situation is reminiscent to Dwyane Wade's situation in 2005-2006.  The dominant player in the league showed up in town and vaulted the team to a Finals appearance loooong before Wade would have gotten that far on his own.  Only Wade was a gamer and took the opportunity and ran with it.  Took over the team in the process.  To be fair, he was also a lot better player than Kyrie.

For Cleveland to have a shot, they're going to need Kyrie to take a page out of Wade's book and go out there and actually earn that All NBA selection he was handed.

Hit him with a Jack Daniel's bottle while screaming John Wall's name is how I picture it.

Literally everyone that's played starters minutes has tendinitis in some part(s) of their body by this point. 

But you have no idea how severe it is with Irving.   You are just assuming stuff because you don't like him.

My daughter runs track and is fighting knee tendinitis right now.   After a short 400 meter race, she literally is unable to walk for a half hour, and limps for two more days before it dies down.   It's really painful - much more painful than her prior injuries (including a hamstring tear and stress fracture in her foot).  

I don't like Kyrie much, but I'm not going to just make stuff up about him being a wuss.    

But you have no idea how severe it is with Irving.   You are just assuming stuff because you don't like him.

My daughter runs track and is fighting knee tendinitis right now.   After a short 400 meter race, she literally is unable to walk for a half hour, and limps for two more days before it dies down.   It's really painful - much more painful than her prior injuries (including a hamstring tear and stress fracture in her foot).  

I don't like Kyrie much, but I'm not going to just make stuff up about him being a wuss.    

Tell your daughter to suck it up. She's not going to win the Fancy Lass State Title by complaining about some pain.

If SteveMcqueen met Kyrie Irving, do you think he would take a swing at him?

Nah, I think McQueen would approach the vicinity in a rage, ready to kidnap him for ransom, then Kyrie spots him and engages him in polite conversation, and 10 minutes later, McQueen is crying on his shoulder, talking about all the weird reasons why he hated him, and how he was so wrong about him. Then Kyrie gives him a box of Kleenex, followed by a brotherly embrace, and changes his life forever....

Yo neither of these teams does **** for a week can we just start the finals already

Why are we taking 7 days off

The Finals had a date.

Cleveland swept. GS finished in 6

That is unusual, as you'd think that most Conference Finals would go 6-7 games. Im assuming that is the reason why there is a long layoff

Dubs in 4

No way.   6 if we are lucky, 7 more likely.   LeBron definitely is going to go super saiyan in a couple of games, and there also will be that one game where Josh Smith goes 8-10 from deeps while Mozgov gets 19 rebounds.  

• Like 1

No way.   6 if we are lucky, 7 more likely.   LeBron definitely is going to go super saiyan in a couple of games, and there also will be that one game where Josh Smith goes 8-10 from deeps while Mozgov gets 19 rebounds.  

You'll be lucky to win a game.  :)

Total annihilation. 

You'll be lucky to win a game.  :)

Total annihilation. 

Well, the last time these two teams played, LeBron had 42 and the Cavs won easily.   I really don't think it is outlandish to think that the Cavs won't put up a major fight.    

How many stars does this warriors team have? We talk about team builds a lot, Detroit had none and Miami/Celtics had the big three. Do what's the ruling in the Warriors?

Only one genuine superstar (Curry).  

However, seven really good starter-quality or better players (Curry, Thompson, Green, Bogut, Igoudala, Livingston, Barnes) and four more useful bench roleplayers (Lee, Speights, Barbosa, Ezili).    The quality goes deeper than any team I can remember for a long time. 

How many stars does this warriors team have? We talk about team builds a lot, Detroit had none and Miami/Celtics had the big three. Do what's the ruling in the Warriors?

They have what a lot of other star heavy teams don't have (Really good 'Other guys")

I do think Steve is right in one aspect, this series comes down to what Kyrie can give the Cavs.  If he can play respectable minutes as starting PG, its a series.  I think GS probably still wins it, but it could certainly go 7.

If not Golden State in 4 or 5.

It feels weird seeing the warriors as a one star team because the last one of those we saw in the finals was the Mavs and that team wasn't nearly as good as this Warriors team on paper. They were old and relying on Marion, the Jet, the old guy currently coaching the Bucks, and a tiny Puerto Rican guard that doesn't look anything like an nba player.

I'm going to say two star because Bleeding Ear Thompson was an allstar. It makes me feel better picking them to win in 6.

It has to be 6 or less, because I don't think Lebron loses a game seven against anyone at this stage in his career.

It feels weird seeing the warriors as a one star team because the last one of those we saw in the finals was the Mavs and that team wasn't nearly as good as this Warriors team on paper. They were old and relying on Marion, the Jet, the old guy currently coaching the Bucks, and a tiny Puerto Rican guard that doesn't look anything like an nba player.

I'm going to say two star because Bleeding Ear Thompson was an allstar. It makes me feel better picking them to win in 6.

It has to be 6 or less, because I don't think Lebron loses a game seven against anyone at this stage in his career.

Klay is an All Star, but i wouldn't necessarily call him a Star Star.... like image of a star under you in a videogame kind of star. Curry is the ****ing man though, no question. But when you have great role players, thats all you need, imo

Detroit didn't have a legit star, but they did have GREAT role players. They embarrased a team of four HOF'ers, took a prime San Antonio to the brink of elimination, and went toe to toe with Wade/Shaq, before they were finally done in by Lebron. I think if you have just one great star, great role players, and a good bench, you are nearly unbeatable.

- This Cleveland team is less experienced than Golden State.

- We're talking about how the Warriors won't be able handle LeBron as if Curry isn't currently the MVP and the best player in the series. How are the Cavs going to handle him?

- If GS is a one star team, so is Cleveland. But Cleveland doesn't have two DPOY short listers and the man who should have won COY to go along with LeBron.

Predicto's typical false underdog act aside, by all rights, this should be GS in a short series.

Lol, what'd I do?

You are defending the guy that has done the same thing twice...just walked away...and might lose Wade because of it too.

Trust me, it can only turn into one of those situations that you have been through here before.

Some folks just get their panties in a bunch over silly stuff. No reason for them to ban you when you really let it fly.