Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't know on one hand I feel bad for Cleveland and those fans deserve a title. On the other hand misery loves company and I like having another city that is also suffering from lack of winning. Cleveland is about the only city that's been a bigger loser than us the last ~25 years or so.

Umm no. Since our Super Bowl they have been to the NBA Finals 2x , the World Series 2x. We are the biggest loser. We suck. Right there w/ Buffalo and 2x more teams to boot.

Edited by Sticksboi05

And the even more messed up thing is that MJ is praised for being an evil **** while LBJ gets killed for trying to be a good guy.

Sports are weird man

Granted, LBJ is annoying as all hell sometimes

That's the nature of the NBA. Better to be feared than loved. It's a cut throat league that is relentlessly hierarchical, and where mean spirited competitiveness is a major strength. So long as it doesn't cross over into unjustified selfishness. The best ever were the biggest competitors who managed to balance that extreme will to win with being a good and trusting teammate: Jordan, Russell, Magic, Kareem, and Bird. But usually that comes with being a huge asshole to outsiders. Dirks and Duncans and Nashes are rare.

Paul Pierce is the quintessential example of the alpha attitude of the great NBA player. Completely confrontational, fearless and confident to the point of delusion, and super loyal to his teammates.

The NBA might be one of the only sports where it's better to play mad, and where a brash and emotional temperament is better than a calm and cooperative one.

Umm no. Since our Super Bowl they have been to the NBA Finals 2x , the World Series 2x. We are the biggest loser. We suck. Right there w/ Buffalo and 2x more teams to boot.

Yeah that's true. We're the biggest loser but they're probably 2nd or 3rd among teams with at least 3 major sports(don't think Colombus counts for them for NHL team).

LeBron is clean cut. Kind of reminds me of Russell in how he wants to be a stately figure in league--an ambassador for it. Keeps up with the bigger picture things like social issues and isn't that self absorbed. I think he has a lot of ambition for life after basketball and dead serious, I think he's going to end up either owning the Cavs or being Governor of Ohio or both.

Is there any team (outside of maybe Philly) that Bron couldn't take to the finals this year?

Probably several in the west.  I don't think he'd be taking Utah to the finals for example.  In the east... I don't know but I wonder if the Cavs would be in the finals without Mosgov and Shumpert.  That team had no defense and those trades have given them the best defense in the playoffs.  Lebron can't replace a competent center and a perimeter stopper all on his own.  GM Lebron knew his team had major weakness and fixed it mid season.    

Is there any team (outside of maybe Philly) that Bron couldn't take to the finals this year?

What a fun game!

Atlanta Hawks Yes

Boston Celtics No

Charlotte Bobcats No

Chicago Bulls Yes

Cleveland Cavaliers Yes

Dallas Mavericks Yes

Denver Nuggets No

Detroit Pistons Yes

Golden State Warriors Yes

Houston Rockets Yes

Indiana Pacers Yes

LA Clippers Yes

LA Lakers No

Memphis Grizzlies Yes

Miami Heat Yes

Milwaukee Bucks Yes

Minnesota Timberwolves No

New Jersey Nets Yes

New Orleans Hornets Yes

New York Knicks Yes

Oklahoma City Thunder Yes

Orlando Magic No

Philadelphia Sixers No

Phoenix Suns Yes

Portland Trail Blazers Yes

Sacramento Kings Yes

San Antonio Spurs Yes

Toronto Raptors Yes

Utah Jazz No

Washington Wizards Yes

I'll trade them for all the Gary sheffield cards I collected when he made his run at the triple crown.

I was big on Jeffrey Hammonds. No ****ing idea why. Just that he was Stanford like the successful Mussina, 6th overall pick iirc, 5 tool player, compared to Bonds (pre-roids dur). I was convinced he was a stud and a lock for greatness. They actually made and I actually found a Hammonds clock in some random bin at K-Mart. Undoubtedly one of the greatest moments of my childhood.

(in my defense he was born without knees and he was an All Star in Colorado)

Nothing annoys me more than when people take things without looking at context. Jordan went 6-for-6... but you have to take into account the expansions that took place in that time as well as the fact that he never really had a true adversary at the guard position. It helped. Magic and Bird won right away...well yeah, they were drafted onto teams that put championship pieces around them by year 1/2.

I'm glad LeBron's been to five straight Finals. The East...SUCKS. It is an abysmal conference. Plus he jumped ship twice to improve his chances. And the people on Twitter going off about Jordan's 1-9 w/out Pippen..well when you have the Bad Boys and the Big 3 in your conference, you won't go far without help, a lot of help. Listen, the Atlanta Hawks won 60 games in this conference -- that fraud team could barely beat the Wiz with Will Bynum playing legit minutes. Let that sink in.

Most success comes with some luck. Now if LeBron lifts them over Golden State -- whole different ballgame, that'd top any team Jordan beat in the Finals.

I wonder if Machinegun Kelly still thinks Bron is a horrible person. Actually im pretty sure Bron has no idea who that dude is.

I have to imagine every Cavs fan feels just maybe a smidge of embarrasment. They went from We love you/We'll do anything to keep you" to "We hope you die from a debilitating tumor and never win a title... Oh and we heard your mom's got that top flight bomb", coming full circle back to "We love you."

They were sympathetic figures after he left, and went on and on about how he'd never be welcome back. Yet he comes back, and they jump into his arms.

Must have been hard pretending all that time that meaningless things like loyalty meant much to them to begin with. Ooh, look at me burning his jersey everybody! I bet "That guy" has about 3 or 4 different Lebron jerseys now, and even bought one for his mother/sister

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I think people had gotten over "the decision." Some of the things that were said (Gilbert) and done (fans) just couldn't be forgotten. IMO, Gilbert and Cleveland showed their true colors when he left for Miami.

And I wasn't aware that he and Spo had issues.

I think people had gotten over "the decision." Some of the things that were said (Gilbert) and done (fans) just couldn't be forgotten. IMO, Gilbert and Cleveland showed their true colors when he left for Miami.

Its not common knowledge I dont think. That came from someone on staff. A friend of mine (he posts on here occasionally) is related to one of their coaches (now scout).

People said going to Cleveland would end his pursuit of being the best ever. Disagree -- he had to. I really want to see this Finals. This may be the most compelling Finals in YEARS despite the fact that Golden State is going to put the beat down on the Cavs.

A team that's never won vs. a team that last won when the world's biggest band was Led Zeppelin.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 1

People said going to Cleveland would end his pursuit of being the best ever. Disagree -- he had to. I really want to see this Finals. This may be the most compelling Finals in YEARS despite the fact that Golden State is going to put the beat down on the Cavs.

A team that's never won vs. a team that last won when the world's biggest band was Led Zeppelin.

I don't believe this series is going to be a lopsided as people think. The Cavs have LeBron and I believe it goes 7.

I don't believe this series is going to be a lopsided as people think. The Cavs have LeBron and I believe it goes 7.

I agree with you but it's Lebron, Kyrie, and a very physical defense.  They cheerfully rolled in the muck with Chicago and punched the Hawks offense into a trembling sad submission.  Two elite scoring threats and a great defense?  That kind of team can be beaten, but it usually doesn't make for an easy out. 

It wasn't that he left, it was how he left.  If Lebron had just released a statement that he was signing with Miami people would of still been upset, but it wouldn't of turned into what it did.  Lebron realized later he handled it the wrong way which is why he can see past what Gilbert said and the reaction of the fans.  

I mean if I dumped by girlfriend on national TV for another women and she burned any of my belongings in her place and posted a nasty letter to me on the internet, I think I would understand.  It was a dick manuear.  

Edited by drowland

And the Warriors have Stephen Curry. Stephen Curry is unguardable. He can shoot off the dribble from 30 feet and is an elite passer. And Klay Thompson is one of the best defensive guards in the league. LeBron cannot run around the court with Curry for 7 games and still do what he needs offensively for Cleveland to win. He's got too many minutes on his body at this stage of his career because Cleveland rode him into the ground from 2003-2010. If they expect him to do that they will get trounced. LeBron may get his 30 a night. So will Curry.

I put no almost stock into sweeping Atlanta. Atlanta is garbage. Their 60-win season will go down as the most shocking in league history. I'm still bitter as hell the Wizards lost that series.

I'm surprised that people are so down on Pau.  He's a 45+% shooter outside of the post.

That's better than Marc, Randolph, and Griffin.

And that's without somebody that regularly collapses defenses.  Put him on a team with a low post presence (Randolph) or a guard (CP3) that can reliably collapse defenses, and I'd expect the number to be even better.

He isn't the defensive player is brother is, but he's become a legitimate stretch 5 that can still score in the post.

I'm surprised that people are so down on Pau. He's a 45+% shooter outside of the post.

That's better than Marc, Randolph, and Griffin.

And that's without somebody that regularly collapses defenses. Put him on a team with a low post presence (Randolph) or a guard (CP3) that can reliably collapse defenses, and I'd expect the number to be even better.

He isn't the defensive player is brother is, but he's become a legitimate stretch 5 that can still score in the post.

And he gives it all right back on defense/boxing out

He's that bad

And the Warriors have Stephen Curry. Stephen Curry is unguardable. He can shoot off the dribble from 30 feet and is an elite passer. And Klay Thompson is one of the best defensive guards in the league. LeBron cannot run around the court with Curry for 7 games and still do what he needs offensively for Cleveland to win. He's got too many minutes on his body at this stage of his career because Cleveland rode him into the ground from 2003-2010. If they expect him to do that they will get trounced. LeBron may get his 30 a night. So will Curry.

I put no almost stock into sweeping Atlanta. Atlanta is garbage. Their 60-win season will go down as the most shocking in league history. I'm still bitter as hell the Wizards lost that series.

Shumpert and Smith will be on Thompson.  Shumpert will probably be on Curry a lot as well.  They held the Splash Brothers to 10 of 30 when they last played.  Warriors don't have anyone who can guard Lebron.  Igudola and Green couldn't.  It's going to be an interesting series, but I think the Cavs match up with the Warriors a lot better then the Rockets do.