Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

LKB, I put Miller on a stage with Terry Bradshaw and Brett Favre, Joe Namath, and a few others.

I never saw the moment from any of them that made them great...it was more luck or the surrounding talent.

Sticks, PER has nothing to do with it. I disagree. Kobe is within the realm.

You have to see the games.

LKB, I put Miller on a stage with Terry Bradshaw and Brett Favre, Joe Namath, and a few others.

I never saw the moment from any of them that made them great...it was more luck or the surrounding talent.

Sticks, PER has nothing to do with it. I disagree. Kobe is within the realm.

You have to see the games.

In no single season was Kobe the undisputed best player in the league. That says a lot. 2005-06 was the closest. He's top 10 - probably in the bottom half, but a volume shooter and an overrated defender.

I agree that he is an overrated defender. volume shooter...same as many other players over the years.

He should have won MVP one of those years when Nash won. To deny that is simply to ignore his season.

There were years that you may not recall that Dominique was certainly in the conversation.

I agree that he is an overrated defender. volume shooter...same as many other players over the years.

He should have won MVP one of those years when Nash won. To deny that is simply to ignore his season.

There were years that you may not recall that Dominique was certainly in the conversation.

Eh, Kevin Garnett probably should've won in 2004-05. Led the league in PER, win shares, box plus minus and value over replacement. LeBron may've already been the best in the league by 2005-06. If not him than Dirk. Dirk was averaging 27/9 on almost 50-40-90.

Lebron is the most gifted basketball player I've EVER seen.  He's just on another level mentally and athletically than his peers.  Not sure what exactly Blatt does, but Lebron is coaching those guys up real well.  Probably, in my book, will go down as the 2nd best player of all-time behind Mike. 

• Like 1

Lebron is the most gifted basketball player I've EVER seen. He's just on another level mentally and athletically than his peers. Not sure what exactly Blatt does, but Lebron is coaching those guys up real well. Probably, in my book, will go down as the 2nd best player of all-time behind Mike.

This.

Honestly, if he wanted to just sit on the block all game and post up, I swear he could.

It's ridiculous. In the 2nd round, he knew having Butler on him would be tough so he just posted him up for 6 straight games

In addition to the 1985 bar fight, Larry bird broke his knuckle on his shooting hand in a baseball game in spring of 1979 before his rookie year. He had to re-work his entire shot as the knuckle was permanently disfigured. Not bad for a guy with two 50-40-90 seasons under his belt.

The main thing that separates Lebron from MJ is that MJ was a psychopath that took every criticism as a challenge upon his honor that had to be answered. Listen to his hall of fame speech and compare it to just about anyone else's.

Lebron wants to be great but he also clearly cares about other human beings. Not all of them, I'm not saying the guy isn't arrogant as hell, but just that he's not a guy that would either be a serial killer or a pro athlete. You can see it when he's with his family and his circle of friends from high school that he's stuck with. Jordan wasn't that.

I don't think anyone actually likes Michael Jordan the man though if someone loudly proclaims that he's unable to be liked he'll probably be President of the US soon afterwards.

And the even more messed up thing is that MJ is praised for being an evil **** while LBJ gets killed for trying to be a good guy.

Sports are weird man

Granted, LBJ is annoying as all hell sometimes

Still a long way to go in his career, but Lebron has been scandal-free off the court since day 1.  His mom has had dustups, but Lebron has proven to be a good family man, a voice on certian social issues, etc. 

Seems like a overall good dude. 

Still a long way to go in his career, but Lebron has been scandal-free off the court since day 1.  His mom has had dustups, but Lebron has proven to be a good family man, a voice on certian social issues, etc. 

Other than "The Decision", he's pretty much handled everything perfectly.

Other than "The Decision", he's pretty much handled everything perfectly.

Agreed...although, I think it was his team of handlers who put that whole thing together. 

Even with "The Decision," if that's the worst that we can say about him off the court, then he's OK.  LOL

Agreed...although, I think it was his team of handlers who put that whole thing together. 

Even with "The Decision," if that's the worst that we can say about him off the court, then he's OK.  LOL

Oh agreed. Compared to what we've seen recently from other athletes, LeBron is a saint.

He's gotten a bad rap. The Decision was obnoxious but he has remained out of trouble. Meanwhile he's had teammates ridin' dirty and it seems an NFL players beats their significant other at least once every few weeks.

I don't dislike him as much as I used to but I still want him to lose this series vs. Golden State more because of the idiots who think going to 5 straight Finals (see going, not winning) validates G.O.A.T. status. Nobody is celebrated for going, ask the Bills.

I want him to lose in the finals as well...just because I can't stand the Cavs. 

I pretty much always rooted for the Heat to win, because I like Lebron.

I want the Cavs to lose because I don't want those fans to ever be happy. They should be required to wear Lebron jerseys that were burned to these games.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

I pretty much always rooted for the Heat to win, because I like Lebron.

I want the Cavs to lose because I don't want those fans to ever be happy. They should be required to wear Lebron jerseys that were burned to these games.

So much this. They deserve nothing but sadness and torment from now until the end of eternity

I don't know on one hand I feel bad for Cleveland and those fans deserve a title. On the other hand misery loves company and I like having another city that is also suffering from lack of winning. Cleveland is about the only city that's been a bigger loser than us the last ~25 years or so.