Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

It's crazy, but right now Kevin Durant is the single most important player in the NBA right now. Whoever he signs with, if it's between OKC, GS, and SAS, becomes strong title favorites.

Well those 3 along with the Cavs are really the only 4 serious title contenders anyway.

Signing with GS takes them to an insane level and cripples OKC. The Spurs...would have to shop off Aldridge so it's hard to say how much better he would make them even if he is obviously a much better player than Aldridge. Their team is a little odd right now.

Signing with OKC keeps the status quo and everybody runs it back next year, GS likely without Barnes

GS likely without Barnes

This line made me think about something somebody in here posted within the last year about how the Warriors could become a dynasty. I think even though they lost the Finals this year, they are still a dangerous team and that L could make them that more dangerous. They played pretty bad in the Finals and it still went seven. I don't know what they're going to add this off-season, could be KD, Pau, etc... but it's going to be that more interesting watching how they recover from this.

• Like 1

Gasol would be a nice Bogut replacement. They'd lose some rim protection on defense but man he would fit that offense nice with his passing ability and offensive game dwarfs Boguts.

Thought they would make a push at him if they lost out on Durant but they might not have a chance

Golden State needs to wait until Durant decides (even though they are unlikely to land him).

If they don't get Durant the obvious target is Al Horford, but it may be too late to make a run at him by then.

Golden State needs to wait until Durant decides (even though they are unlikely to land him).

If they don't get Durant the obvious target is Al Horford, but it may be too late to make a run at him by then.

Ya, rumor is Horford is getting ready to meet with Boston.  That'd be great for them, but not what I want.

Al Jefferson's deal is shockingly reasonable. WTF?

Indy has built a nice team. I think they might get the 2 seed.

I'm pissed about that.  We could definitely afford to resign him.  Only thing I can think of is the drug suspension that forced him out.  Now we pretty much have the worst center in basketball in Zeller, Hawes and the summer league guy.

Kent Bazemore takes four years, $70M, turning down four/$72M from Houston and the Lakers, to go back to the Hawks, per source.

So the Rockets rolled out the HoFers and Harden but Bazemore turned down more money to stay in Atlanta?  What the hell is going on in Houston?  Two years ago they were the hot front office working miracles. 

This is how I break it down.

Dwayne Wade and Gabriel Union are not living in Milwaukee. Scratch them off the list. lol nice try bucks.

Denver is the middle of nowhere. Nobody wants to be that cut off from society in a flyover state.

Even though it's his hometown and a big market, I'd scratch Chicago off the list too. Those winters are rough. Wade loves the warm weather. Only thing that might push this is being closer to his boy in Cleveland

Dallas has to be the front runner. Decent weather most of the year, large market, competitive team, great owner and facilities etc.

And finally, he returns to the heat in the end after they up their offer a few million more. Maybe get to 15-16.

So the Rockets rolled out the HoFers and Harden but Bazemore turned down more money to stay in Atlanta? What the hell is going on in Houston? Two years ago they were the hot front office working miracles.

Coach being thrown under the bus, Harden and Dwight mess from last year...they seem kinda toxic right now as a franchise Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Wade situation feels more about money then anything else, even rings.  He should just go to the Knicks to help their run for the 2012 NBA championship. It's the perfect setup for when LeBron eventually gets bored with Cleveland.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Sources: Arron Afflalo agrees to two-year, $25 million deal with Kings. @WojVerticalNBA report on @TheVertical.

Four-year, $72M on Bismack Biyombo's Magic agreement @APkrawczynski reported on. Masai Ujiri loved Biz, but didn't value him that way.

Source: Free agent Trevor Booker's deal with Brooklyn Nets: two-years, $18.5M-plus @Tjonessltrib 1st on an agreement

Free agent Ryan Anderson plans to sign a four-year, $80M deal with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell @TheVertical.

Vertical Sources: Hawks still shopping Paul Millsap now, working contingencies should Horford want to stay. Sides still apart on contract.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH