Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

16 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

All my teams are so bad, the WFT is pretty putrid and the NAts missed the playoffs and my Caps got throttled in the playoffs...BUT MY LAKERS

Hold my beer.

New York Knicks.

Washington Redskins.

Buffalo Sabres.

New York Yankees.

UCLA Bruins.

Yikes!!

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

People critique me for being a Lakers homer but Mr. Cooke owned both the Redskins and the Lakers so I see no problem

We critique you because, like three years ago, you were a Wizards fan.  And because there is nothing worse than seeing a Lakers fan complain about suffering through a ten year Finals drought.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Oh c'mon.  You can't sneak the Yankees in there like they're a bad franchise.  27 rings and counting.

They’re my only saving grace. But to be fair, the franchise really sucked for a REALLY long time. In fact, they stumbled into this rebuild a few years ago. It wasn’t until ALL the broken down vets were on the DL..... that they finally decided to rebuild - sell off all their assets. Then, because of injuries, they played their young prospects out of necessity.... and they actually played really well. But it wasn’t because Cashman designed it.... the young guns forced his hand. And while the Yankees have been fairly respectable in the W-L column (standings).... they’re actually an incredibly frustrating team to follow the past few years. It’s not a well-run organization. But I don’t want to derail this thread any more.

• Like 1

I think I might pick the Heat. They're a better team. Lakers have 2 great players and a bunch of bums. Heat have a cohesive team that fits together and plays well together and compliments each other. If Lebron or AD have a bad game, it's over. The Heat have so many ways to beat you. 

it will say a lot about Lebron if he pulls this off

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We critique you because, like three years ago, you were a Wizards fan.  And because there is nothing worse than seeing a Lakers fan complain about suffering through a ten year Finals drought.

It ain't the suffering through a ten year Finals drought, it was the Jim Buss ran Laker squad from 2013-2017. Ask yourself this question, where is Xavier Henry, Brian Sarce, Kendall Marshall, Ed Davis, Tarik Black, Ryan Kelly, Timofy Mozgov and Deng's joke of a contract and the records from the 2013-2019. Magic ain't do any better but him and Rob Pelinka did get rid of Mozgov contract and if I recall stretch optioned Luou Deng's contract. Also granted, given Kobe 25 mil/year and he blew his Achilles was a blower and you couldn't really build with the roster. It's not the Finals drought, because post Showtime, they ain't see the Finals for about 10 years it's the record through that time.  

30 minutes ago, DCranon21 said:

I blame Pandemic P, but you hate to see it..

He couldn’t figure out how to guard the nuggets pick n roll and lost despite being up 3-1.  Whatever Way-Off P did or didn’t do, it’s hard to ignore that coaching played a role in that series.  Rivers isn’t a bad coach, but he fell on his face here.  

Bright side, everyone seems to love him.  He’ll land on his feet.  

7 hours ago, DCranon21 said:

Where is Sin at?

I like to think @Mr. Sinister is in Orlando helping some adventurous groupies, that are definitely not cleared by the nba, sneak into AD and Lebron’s rooms inside the bubble.  

• Haha 2

*playing tiniest violin possible for laker fans complaining of finals drought

13 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

DOC TO DC!

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

Brooks is a fraud, I’d take Doc in a heartbeat. 

Are we waiting for his contract to expire or something?

tenor (52).gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2