Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: 2013 Redskins Rookie Camp photos

themurf

8712716130_38d90ce0b7_c.jpg

South Carolina Game****s running back Kenny Miles takes the field at Redskins Park on a tryout basis during Redskins rookie camp, May 5.

8711588593_4c8899ab14_c.jpg

Redskins tight end Jordan Reed, who is recovering from a left knee bone bruise he suffered during the Florida Gator’s final game of the season, tosses a football with teammates.

8711588571_5baf353725_c.jpg

Redskins strong safety Phillip Thomas, who the team selected in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft, tracks a ball in the air as he drops back in coverage.

8712716086_c80be29e0f_c.jpg

Illinois Fighting Illini strong safety Ashante Williams leaps through the air to haul in an interception during his tryout with the Redskins during rookie camp.

8711588535_556942c6da_c.jpg

Redskins cornerback David Amerson, who the team selected out of North Carolina State in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft, takes a breather during a break in the action.

8711588527_cd48dd4797_c.jpg

Arkansas State receiver Josh Jarboe locks in on the football as he catches a pass and turns upfield during Redskins rookie camp.

8712716050_58089db861_c.jpg

Redskins strong safety Bacarri Rambo, who was selected out of the University of Georgia in the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft, makes a one-handed catch during rookie camp.

8711588499_211c10be9e_c.jpg

Redskins general manager Bruce Allen watches from the sidelines during the third and final day of Washington's rookie camp. The camp featured seven draft picks, 12 undrafted free agents and 48 players who were there on a tryout basis.

Click here for the full set.

Hang on, I thought this was closed to the media, but its open to the public? Or do we have Peter Parker as our mini camp photographer?

I'm not sure if all or any part of the rookie mini-camp was closed to the media or not, but I believe Murf has press credentials. He is routinely in the press box or on the sideline during games taking photos.

EDIT: BTW, nice photos, Murf. :)

I was just thinking of you yesterday, murf, and how it seems like it's been awhile since you've been on ES (time of the season I know) and how we'd be seeing you soon. :)

Great pics! Thanks!

Yeah, I've been focusing on Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals for a while now, so it was a little jarring to have to make sure the camera battery was charged, the digital recorder had a fresh battery in it and everything else was in order for rookie camp. It was nice to get back out to Redskins Park and see all of the familiar faces from the press box, but I still felt a little rusty. No worries though, I'll be in game shape once things really get going.

Excellent photos! Thanks for posting!

Anybody really stand out during the tryout? Anybody noteworthy really fall flat?

It's funny, last year's rookie camp was must-see TV. Everyone was dying to get their first glimpse of Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins and the rest of the newbies, so it was fairly insane how many media members/video and still cameras were taking up space on the sidelines. This year though, it was much more laid back. The two top offensive draft picks -- TE Jordan Reed and RB Chris Thompson -- weren't even participating, so everyone was basically watching the three new defensive backs. Outside of them, I'd say the two guys who kind of caught my attention were Arkansas State receiver Josh Jarboe and Illinois Fighting Illini strong safety Ashante Williams. I have no clue if either of them can/will make the team, but they stood out to me.

Redskins GM George Allen?

Ha. Like father, like son. Or something.

Archived