Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: Why Florida's Jordan Reed Is the NFL's Next Aaron Hernandez

E-Dog Night

There is a Jordan Reed interview for anyone who might like to hear him speak.. lol you know just because

Thank you for posting that. Love the eye contact and the strong stature. Good answers and all consistent with his interview on the Sports Fix.

...The simple fact is, what Kiper is advocating for is for us to have taken an OT for the sake of taking an OT, despite the fact that no OT past Watson, who was gone at pick 42, was likely to improve the RT position, and certainly no one available at pick 85 or later was going to upgrade the position this year. Compton is developing, Nixon was rated a 4th and 5th rounder by Scout Inc. (ESPN) and NFLDraftScout (CBS) respectively, so he might be developing, and yes, we've also thrown a lot of other crap at the wall. If problems persist, we have lots of money to do it with next year, and will have a draft as well (possibly bolstered by a Cousins trade). The thing we don't want to have done, is panic and draft someone who provides us no benefit that we couldn't gain in a later year, and miss a potentially beneficial for this year prospect.

Love your post!!!

IMO, Reed should make a significant contribution this year. After looking at Reed's highlights several times since the draft, the comparison to Hernandez is a very fair one. He looks like a dynamic playmaker and a nightmare for defenses, which will only enhance an already very potent offense.

I also suspect Shanahan didn't see an OL, specifically a RT, who could make the contribution Reed should make. To go even further, Shanahan may not have been convinced that a RT, even at that point in the draft, could make the team. At a minimum, GMs and coaches should draft players they think have a realistic chance of making the team now or in the very near future. Shanahan and Allen have earned our trust, so I'm riding with them.

Not that it matters, but I really love the pick!!! Now we all have to wait and see if it pans out.

HTTR!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me the difference between a 6'2" receiving TE that weighs 230 lbs, and a 6'2" WR that weighs 220 lbs? I realize there's the blocking assignments, but TEs like Reed and Davis don't block all that well. Is it all a weight thing?

He was just on the Sports Fix... he sounds about as smart as the water cooler sitting in front of me. Hopefully it's just nerves...

I think it's just nerves, imagine your first job interview how nervous you were answering questions ? or the first time you asked a girl on a date? and multiply that by 20. Some of these kids want to do well so bad that they end up spooking themselves out and come off unintelligent when it's really just nerves. They are learning on the fly how to answer questions. Ricky Williams use to wear a helmet in his interviews,and give you one word answers lol give the kid a break he'll learn no worries. Ricky now can hold a very intelligent interview but prior to that he too sounded unintelligent lol

Can someone explain to me the difference between a 6'2" receiving TE that weighs 230 lbs' date=' and a 6'2" WR that weighs 220 lbs? I realize there's the blocking assignments, but TEs like Reed and Davis don't block all that well. Is it all a weight thing?[/quote']

Its mostly about angles and what you force the defense to do.

Ricky Williams use to wear a helmet in his interviews,and give you one word answers lol give the kid a break he'll learn no worries. Ricky now can hold a very intelligent interview but prior to that he too sounded unintelligent lol

He had a chemical imbalance in his noggin that made him do that. When he takes his pills he's fine, when he doesn't he weirds out. Totally different from just getting used to being interviewed.

I think it's just nerves, imagine your first job interview how nervous you were answering questions ? or the first time you asked a girl on a date? and multiply that by 20. Some of these kids want to do well so bad that they end up spooking themselves out and come off unintelligent when it's really just nerves. They are learning on the fly how to answer questions. Ricky Williams use to wear a helmet in his interviews,and give you one word answers lol give the kid a break he'll learn no worries. Ricky now can hold a very intelligent interview but prior to that he too sounded unintelligent lol

I think it is probably this as well. I'm wrapping up grad school for Architecture this month and we have to present all of our work for formal critiques. Talk to us about our work any day of the week and we can go on for days about every intricate detail. When it's time for a formal critique a lot of students choke up and end up sounding like they don't know what they're talking about. Nerves are strange.

I think it is probably this as well. I'm wrapping up grad school for Architecture this month and we have to present all of our work for formal critiques. Talk to us about our work any day of the week and we can go on for days about every intricate detail. When it's time for a formal critique a lot of students choke up and end up sounding like they don't know what they're talking about. Nerves are strange.

Exactly, I've had that same problem smh lol

---------- Post added May-18th-2013 at 07:46 PM ----------

He had a chemical imbalance in his noggin that made him do that. When he takes his pills he's fine, when he doesn't he weirds out. Totally different from just getting used to being interviewed.

Sure you have a valid point in regards to him being different on meds, but how do you know Reed doesn't have a chemical imbalance issue? Like I said give him time he'll improve in that, sure he's not a genius but i'm sure he's not a moron lol.

How many TE's do we keep on the 53 man roster, 4?

Unless something happens, it should be 4.

Davis and Reed for their athleticism.

Paulsen for his blocking abilities. And his underrated receiving abilities.

And Paul because I don't think they will give up on him after one season and he is a monster on Special Teams.....

Niles is one of our best special teamers - not going anywhere. Zo redux.

3 TE sets, do you think shanny/kyle have some plays up their sleeve? If i understand my football, z and y WR are on the line. X is the slot receiver. We can sub a TE for the x. TE dont have to line up on the line and can be put in motion. All kinds of potential to mismatch players and take advantage.

Niles is one our best special teamers - not going anywhere. Zo redux.

3 TE sets, do you think shanny/kyle have some plays up their sleeve? If i understand my football, z and y WR are on the line. X is the slot receiver. We can sub a TE for the x. TE dont have to line up on the line and can be put in motion. All kinds of potential to mismatch players and take advantage.

I believe so, Logan Paulsen and Fred on the line of scrimmage with Jordan Reed lined in the slot or far outside would be dangerous.

Earlier in the thread there was a mention of JR sounding kind of dumb in an interview. Well here's one from the rookie even with Chick:

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/CSN-Jordan-Reed-at-NFLPA-Rookie-event/2bf9ec5a-bd0e-4786-895f-253e05928316

Seems like a pretty laid back cat in this one, so he was probably just a little nervous on the bigger stage interview.

I believe so, Logan Paulsen and Fred on the line of scrimmage with Jordan Reed lined in the slot or far outside would be dangerous.

Or a Davis/Paul/Reed combo.

Davis on the line, Paul playing the Joker role in line but also able to be split out wide, with Reed playing in H-back position. Lots of moveable pieces there who are receiving threats.

This is, of course, assuming Paul actually plays decently.

Archived