Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

You are already in the spin zone?  I said that it's reasonably acceptable that a person could find a reference to skin color offensive.

Move along dude.

Refrain from unfounded charges lol.

They said I had an old account and was using this one to "sneak by" security.

Until two weeks ago I NEVER had an account on this site.  That's not unfounded...it's just the truth.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with your charge of being banned for giving your opinion. Speaking of Spin zone.  You were banned for several reasons that had nothing to do with a dupe account.  So far you've demonstrated that either you're oblivious to the rules around here,don't care about them,or both. See your initial post here upon returning for proof of that. You've been given a few opportunities to consult the rules and retract that statement. Still there as of now.  Guess you're just not too excited about sticking around here then. Might be time to move along dude. 

By the way 504 is .01% of the Native American population.

Who thinks thats a sound sampling?

The mathematically-proven science of statistics?

You know, there is actual mathematics behind this. (And it's not based on "does it give me the answer I want to hear?")

By the way 504 is .01% of the Native American population.

Who thinks thats a sound sampling?

Do you understand sampling? Seriously, do you? How many people are sampled in a Presidential Poll? Compare that number to the 322 million in the US. 504 is a sufficient number to test for significance with a certain degree of statistical confidence. Moreover, this study winds up being in fact a replication study in that it is confirming the results of a previous study which also examined this same population.

Two independent studies finding nearly identical results makes it incredibly unlikely that the result is do to some validity threat or sampling error. It creates a statistical "power" Therefore, the test shouldn't be thrown out.  It is possible that the sampling did not reveal a real result, but it's very, very unlikely.

Okay gang. That'll do it for the Professor. Just a heads up that Prof won't be rejoining the conversation,(or any other for that matter),so feel free to quote and counterpoint the posts,just realize no response is coming.   

We now take you to our regularly scheduled thread,(such as it is).

The point that many of you are missing is that it's reasonably acceptable that any reference to skin color is offensive.  Citing this poll because it's convenient to your view doesn't tell anyone anything, they've equally covered the fact that the American Indian has bigger issues than this name.

You do realize you are saying even using the terms White or Black in referencing skin color is offensive?

Oh well guess we'll never know for sure but I doubt he realized that.

Do we still have the ignore feature on this board, or did that go away with one of the software upgrades?

In Latino countries, you can hear kids call each other by what we would consider racial epithets all the time, yet there is no inherent racism in sich discourse. It seems to disprove the notion so overwhelmingly pervasive amongst academia and elitists that controlling language is key to defeating racism. Just as African-Americans can call each other a word no one else is allowed to use because they recognize it as a term of endearment or self-deprecation, so your typical Central American teenager may call his white, black, or indigenous friends nicknames that would shock the average polite gringo, but elicit humor and familiarity from with whom they are interacting.

If the context is not malicious, why do non-Indigenous persons insist that a term belonging to another group must be offensive, despite the fact that that group disagrees.

Okay gang. That'll do it for the Professor. Just a heads up that Prof won't be rejoining the conversation,(or any other for that matter),so feel free to quote and counterpoint the posts,just realize no response is coming.   

but i had so many questions :(

Reference to skin color is offensive?

****. Now I have to use "Caucasian" and "Negro"?

The first one is too many damn syllables. And the second one sounds so awful, skin heads refuse to use it.

From now on, every race will be referred to as "they".

Archived